Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120006 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:21:35 »

Matthew Walker is the biggest cockwomblingthudercunt in the world, believe nothing he posts because he makes it all up.

Is it him behind that?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:24:20 »

Is it him behind that?

Check the supports group username.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:31:10 »

And he can't use apostrophes correctly. Although perhaps he means "Supporter" in the singular, i.e. just him which is quite feasible
Flashheart

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:31:28 »

Check the supports group username.

Oh. I meant the 'ITK' account. Not that reply to it.

But yeah. walker is somewhat of a bellend.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:35:44 »

And he can't use apostrophes correctly. Although perhaps he means "Supporter" in the singular, i.e. just him which is quite feasible
Uneducated, bitter, immature megalomaniac doesn't even get close to describing him.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:36:38 »

Oh. I meant the 'ITK' account. Not that reply to it.

But yeah. walker is somewhat of a bellend.
Ah sorry I don't know about the ITK account but he is probably behind it. Using his own Twitter to appear to verify his own lies.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:40:14 »

The other thing with Leeds is that they've got a load of artificial support all over the country, stretching back to when they were good in the 70s. That's now filtered into subsequent generations.

I know several people in Swindon who "support" Leeds without having any connection to the city. So the reason, for example, why they'll get 3,000 for a game here is that about half of them will have a shorter trip to the CG than our own fans.

Also, in terms of population, I think it's 3rd in the UK, ahead of places like Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow. Considering that there's only one club in the city, they're actually very badly supported.

Except to get away tickets at Leeds isnt easy. They go to members first, gold iirc then silver. No point paying for a gold membership on the odd chance of getting an away ticket close to home.
Of course Leeds do have fan clubs up and down the country that travel to home games as well where tickets are sold under the same criteria
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 15:42:31 »

Uneducated, bitter, immature megalomaniac doesn't even get close to describing him.
Oh !!, you don't like him then ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 15:47:48 »

Oh !!, you don't like him then ??.
No, not when he threatened me with physical violence because I disagreed with him over how big a team Swindon actually were vs how he thought they were. And I am not the only one he has done that to.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 16:11:03 »

The guy on the Bantams forum posting about one of LP horsies, Griggy. Apparently has won back to back races (Fri & Today)...so, I had a check and Griggy has won but not really brought in any serious money.

His real winner is All Yours, who has won 3 in 7 and landed Power Geneva Ltd nearly £60k. This year alone power Geneva Ltd has achieved nearly £142k. Most success coming from 4yo+ on a/w (14 wins netting c£115k).

This of course is just prize money but if Power has had a flutter or two, could be reason to start tracking what his horses do with what happens at Town (not being 100% serious btw). Certainly gives an interest as to what is going on with LP outside of STFC.

* Screenshot_2019-12-18-16-07-40.png (106.17 KB, 720x1280 - viewed 192 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 17:56:05 »

Except to get away tickets at Leeds isnt easy. They go to members first, gold iirc then silver. No point paying for a gold membership on the odd chance of getting an away ticket close to home.
Of course Leeds do have fan clubs up and down the country that travel to home games as well where tickets are sold under the same criteria

I realise that they sell all their away tickets, but that’s because they’ve got such a massive range of people who want to buy them.

Take their Tuesday night game down here a few years ago, for example. Selling 3k+ tickets for a January night game certainly is impressive, but I can say for a fact that at least 8 of those fans live in Wootton Bassett. And the only reason why they got hold of tickets in the first place is because they went on general sale.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 21:57:42 »

No, not when he threatened me with physical violence because I disagreed with him over how big a team Swindon actually were vs how he thought they were. And I am not the only one he has done that to.
Ahhhhh,    fair enough then.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 22:01:41 »

I realise that they sell all their away tickets, but that’s because they’ve got such a massive range of people who want to buy them.

Take their Tuesday night game down here a few years ago, for example. Selling 3k+ tickets for a January night game certainly is impressive, but I can say for a fact that at least 8 of those fans live in Wootton Bassett. And the only reason why they got hold of tickets in the first place is because they went on general sale.

I’m sure it’s not the argument your trying to make, but it reads like your saying Leeds are poorly supported because they have numerous fans all over the country

Things get better but they never get good
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 09:04:18 »

I’m sure it’s not the argument your trying to make, but it reads like your saying Leeds are poorly supported because they have numerous fans all over the country

Yeah I also read it this way.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 11:29:11 »

I think the point was supposed to be that Leeds only seemingly ‘travel’ in numbers because they have supporters everywhere.

Rather than Leeds away support being the same hardcore x amount who go to every away game.

Which, is quite frankly rubbish. Leeds are a well supported club with a huge number of die hards who travel the country.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: