Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120020 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 14:56:17 »

As you know.... Moonraker mentioned the need for a fee to get Doyle,to which I agreed, pointing out this wasn't usually Power's method.  Unfortunately although it is possible to get decent players without breaking the bank, sometimes there will be a cost, in agent's fees, wages and even a transfer fee. That is a spend.

We've had about 6 years of Power we know how he operates.

You've argued against your own definition of spend. As you say its multiple things that go into signing a player.

One example for you, we signed toumani on a 2 year contract aged 30+. that would have been signing on fee and apparently good wages. this wasnt previously powers method but has been the last couple of years as it's what flitcroft and brown wanted

*robertson, mcglashan, rose, richards, lancashire, purkiss, taylor, hussey. all players that power has paid signing on fees to and are against the typical power signing of youth with potential for future transfer fees. everyone says experience costs more.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 15:07:44 by singingiiiffy » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 17:52:53 »

It would require a seismic change from Power to sign up Doyle for a fee and a new contract.  There's no evidence from history that he'll do such a thing.... he chucked away Div 3 status by trying to keep us upon the cheap, and in the 2 subsequent years hasn't done enough to get us back up.  The best hope is that Doyle sees out his loan, because Bradford figure having a disaffected player around the place would outweigh the bad publicity of their player ripping up Div 4
Reg - one way or another, Doyle will be here for the rest of the season at least - This is shit or bust time for Power, we've not been in this position under him before. He's got too much invested to let him go. I personally believe we will sign him permanently...we shall see...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 18:06:41 »

Reg - one way or another, Doyle will be here for the rest of the season at least - This is shit or bust time for Power, we've not been in this position under him before. He's got too much invested to let him go. I personally believe we will sign him permanently...we shall see...

This is shit or bust time for Power, we've not been in this position under him before. He's got too much invested...

Something I have been consistently saying for a while now.
Flashheart

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 18:12:44 »

Somebody on the Bradford forum made a good point.

If Bowyer does recall Doyle but he can't get Doyle scoring, Bowyer's going to look a right cunt. Something he may not be willing to risk.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 18:28:48 »

This is shit or bust time for Power, we've not been in this position under him before. He's got too much invested...

Something I have been consistently saying for a while now.
Same here mate...we're on the same page  Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 18:46:26 »

Somebody on the Bradford forum made a good point.

If Bowyer does recall Doyle but he can't get Doyle scoring, Bowyer's going to look a right cunt. Something he may not be willing to risk.

I’d say you’d look like more of a cunt leaving the divisions top scorer out on loan at a promotion rival.
Even if Bowyer does recall him & makes him train with the under 7s and he never makes the Bradford squad again - that still more beneficial to them than having him scoring for us every week
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 19:01:05 »

I want to see him playing for us on Jan 4th against Bradford at the CG.

I want to see him bang another 1 in.

I want scenes!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 19:07:44 »

If we do a deal to sign Doyle then it may be the classic 'undisclosed fee' just to keep it quiet amongst the Bradford supporters.

Doyle has almost been too successful in this half of the season. If he had only got half a dozen goals now and then clicked after January the debate wouldn't be taking place.

Sent from my SM-G960F
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 22:00:21 »

I’d say you’d look like more of a cunt leaving the divisions top scorer out on loan at a promotion rival.
Even if Bowyer does recall him & makes him train with the under 7s and he never makes the Bradford squad again - that still more beneficial to them than having him scoring for us every week

A League 2 side paying a bloke £125k to train with the youths, whilst the first team are only in the playoffs 🤣
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 22:17:21 »

You're missing the key point of the whole issue here DV... i.e Why did Bradford loan him out in the first place? Because they wanted to free up the wage bill to get 2/3 other players in (there is an article somewhere on here from the local rag from August confirming this). It would cost them a hell of a lot of money to recall him just to 'fuck us over' (not to mention the player)...The situation is not as cut and dried as you are suggesting.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 22:39:45 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 23:10:00 »

You're missing the key point of the whole issue here DV... i.e Why did Bradford loan him out in the first place? Because they wanted to free up the wage bill to get 2/3 other players in (there is an article somewhere on here from the local rag from August confirming this). It would cost them a hell of a lot of money to recall him just to 'fuck us over' (not to mention the player)...The situation is not as cut and dried as you are suggesting.

Yeah, I get all that and raised the point about wages months ago even before said article.

Like I said, if the roles were reversed we’d want the club to do everything to get the leagues top scorer back. I expect Bradford to make it happen one way or the other...

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 23:10:41 »

A League 2 side paying a bloke £125k to train with the youths, whilst the first team are only in the playoffs 🤣

I think you’ve missed the point...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 23:22:07 »

Yeah, I get all that and raised the point about wages months ago even before said article.

Like I said, if the roles were reversed we’d want the club to do everything to get the leagues top scorer back. I expect Bradford to make it happen one way or the other...

I think Swindon have a lot more to gain by 'making it happen' (i.e sign for us) than Bradford have just to possibly (possibly being the key word) scupper our chances of promotion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 23:45:49 »

I think Swindon have a lot more to gain by 'making it happen' (i.e sign for us) than Bradford have just to possibly (possibly being the key word) scupper our chances of promotion.

Yes, we have more to gain.

It’s not about scuppering our chances though is it? It’s about increasing theirs. Obviously I know it does not work like for like but add Doyle’s goal haul here to Bradfords results and they’re probably top.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 03:07:14 »

Even Bradford fans don’t think he’ll score goals for them the way Bowyer has set up their team. He’ll have to change their style completely - and all for a player who has stated he doesn’t even want to be there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: