Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a complete anticlimax!  (Read 3245 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 11:29:51 »

Kingy is going nowhere and neither is Mick Harford according the the Adver website.  It was all b*****s

What a complete anti climax.

Same old Swindon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 12:04:09 »

In all fairness, at no time was anything stated publically other than there was to be a management reshuffle, that was cost free and therefore agreeable to the Finance Director.

That is exactly what happened......now because of the necessary vagueness of the statement, people filled in their own ideas....which were quickly refuted by Harford through the Luton media.

Respected posters on various sites cautioned against getting over excited, but some people just can't help themselves......its a bit like premature ejaculation.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 12:22:15 »

I have to say I did get completely sucked in by all the speculation, but when The Adver, Western Daily Press and Wiltshire Sound were all mentioning Mick Harford's name, you tend to think there is no smoke without fire.  Clearly on this occasion there WAS smoke without fire.

And the club didn't exactly help by announcing that there would be an announcement!  Why didn't they just make the announcement without announcing it? If you catch my drift.
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 12:24:46 »

I Agree with everything you've said there OST
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 13:33:25 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
I Agree with everything you've said there OST

That's what I like to hear Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 14:28:13 »

I think the club - or whoever decided to make this pre-announcement - really cocked up. All it achieved was to create more negative press for King, raise expectations then dash them completely. Not clever.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 16:58:51 »

we should have known better really. this was what was said when Crosby left:

The manager admits he had several names in mind to replace Crosby, but an approach to pal Mick Harford proved unsuccessful, while he feels experienced defender Alan Reeves is not yet ready.

“Mick Harford was my first choice, but it would be a very hard decision to leave Luton,’’ added King.

“I think Reevesy needs that 12 more months learning curve.

“He hasn’t really had a coaching period and he needs that, but he will have more imput this year.

“I’m going for someone local and I’m not going to work with someone I don’t know.

SOURCE: http://www.thisistherobins.com/news_headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=3275

conclusion, king was always going to go for someone like reeves if things didn't work out and he couldn't get harford in. What i think is quite unprofessional is the fact he said "i'm not going to work with someone i don't know."

Nothing like getting the best man for the job Andy :-))(
alex

« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 21:27:14 »

there is no way that walsh leaving was the only thing that king had to discuss with the board to warrant them spending a whole day in discussions with him. i think there will be more changes in the next week or so, i don't know whats going to happen, but i think there will definitly be more changes to the management team whether that means king staying as manager or not
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 02:43:42 »

i would agree with you there alex. at the end of the day it's not king that decides who runs the club.
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 02:51:02 »

I don't know I have a lot of time for Alan Reeves.  Looking back it’s hard to remember how he warranted all that abuse but he came through it.

I think he’ll make a smashing cone gatherer.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 02:56:32 »

reeves is an inexperienced coach at best and should not be given managerial responsibility of the first team. as an assisstant he could be good, but again, a lack of true coaching qualities may be detrimental
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 14:06:48 »

Everybody starts somewhere. I think by the end of next season he could have gained the experience to take charge of a football team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: