Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looks like it's true  (Read 7610 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:34:14 »

King a town legend?! Are you taking the piss? In who's eyes?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:39:19 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

My eyes.  Year-on-year improvement and bringing in players who have put Swindon on good footing for the future qualifies him for this.  He's a nice guy to boot.

He guided the club through administration, and through tricky times when some other managers may have jacked it in.  He's a good bloke, and done a very good job.  Legend may be a strong word, but I do fully appreciate what he's done for Swindon.
Dazzza

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:43:43 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I wonder if they have these "pre" announcement  stories  to increase hits to their website.Its pointless , annoying  and invites stupid rumours in my opinion.

Fully agree.

Reading a few posts, notably the Adver, it's been taken as a gospel that King is off upstairs to the attic and Harford is stepping in.

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 07:53:02 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

My eyes.  Year-on-year improvement and bringing in players who have put Swindon on good footing for the future qualifies him for this.  He's a nice guy to boot.

He guided the club through administration, and through tricky times when some other managers may have jacked it in.  He's a good bloke, and done a very good job.  Legend may be a strong word, but I do fully appreciate what he's done for Swindon.

wow! didn't expect that from you, but its all true!
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 08:44:39 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

Well said walrus.  I am of the same opinion  Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:43:39 »

i think if king did get moved upstrairs he would have earnt it. i've slated him in the past - but let's face it - unless you play like chelski week in week out, you're entitled to grumble now and again.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:50:38 »

Yeah I wouldn't begrudge King a Dir. of football role, means he can go out scouting for other players, meeting his old mates in the process and getting wasted without having to turn up at training.

I've got a nasty feeling about the shuffle though, Iffy and Woan to take care of Youth and Reserves, Reeves and Walsh first team coaches.  Nightmare!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 10:14:12 »

it could just be the same staff with different roles/job descriptions. that would be exciting wouldn't it?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 10:18:33 »

That would be the worst outcome possible.  Rather stick with the current set up, than promote Reeves & Walsh.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 10:19:37 »

there might not be any change in control...just a change in job description if you know what i mean
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 12:53:07 »

The more I think of it the more I'm convincing myself that the reshuffle will result in Reeves being more closely linked to the first team.  The amount of interviews he has done recently have significantly increased, he's had quite a bit of the spot light.  I just hope I'm not right.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 12:54:45 »

King going nowhere!!
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Listing/0,7759,1811,00.html
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 12:56:35 »

i hope your wrong to! i dont reeves to be manager! i wouldnt mind if he is just assistant though
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: