Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emile Heskey is the new black  (Read 7947 times)
Lumps

« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 12:48:31 »

Three questions that you might want to ask yourselves:

That qualifier in which England demolished Germany, who played up front with Owen?

Have you played as well since?

Who does Owen want to play alongside?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:25:38 »

i like emile heskey. i think he is ace. people with a very tunnel vision view of football think hes shit.

tunnel vision means your thick as pig shit.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:27:45 »

I quite like Heskey. Yes, when he first left Liverpool he did turn into an absolute donkey, but last season he nearly single handedly carried Wigan.

I've got him in my fantasy football team this season  Cool
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:27:57 »

I'm undecided.

Initially I though oh dear however based on form then give him a go, deserves a shot.
neville w

« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:33:00 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"
Quote from: "herthab"
McClaren, genius or disaster,.....discuss.

He's a fuckwit.

End of.

I was impressed with your essay.  The sentence is grammatically correct, and involves no ambiguity.  The use of words is economical, no syllable is wasted.  You make a logical and forceful argument, with limited opportunity for rebuttal.  Nice use of the present tense, clearly implying that the situation is here and now.  You are awarded 100%, for excellent content and appropriate use of the English language.

I'd argue that  "End of. " , as a sentence, is not grammatically correct.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:36:02 »

Heskey, is very much like David James.

He performs much better when he isnt at a big club and in the media every week.
McLovin

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:44:04 »

I think it's going backwards a bit... Maybe if McLaren used friendlies properly and actually tried some people out, he wouldn't have to revert to players who are probably past their best on the international scene.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:48:07 »

I think he's the best option available and deserves his go on that basis.  It does however show up the myth that we are world beaters when we have players such as him in our team.

Has Lampard been ruled out yet?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 13:56:24 »

They said on the BBC Lampard is pretty certain to miss this one and V Russia but hopeful Gerrard will be fit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 14:08:14 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
They said on the BBC Lampard is pretty certain to miss this one and V Russia but hopeful Gerrard will be fit.

Good good.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 14:48:18 »

Problem with Heskey is that he used to run through defences and barge people out of his way. Now when anyone gets so much as a pinch of his shirt he goes to ground.

Not saying that it's not a foul, but he's a much better player when he carries on regardless.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 16:44:45 »

Quote from: "neville w"

He's a fuckwit.

End of.

I was impressed with your essay.  The sentence is grammatically correct, and involves no ambiguity.  The use of words is economical, no syllable is wasted.  You make a logical and forceful argument, with limited opportunity for rebuttal.  Nice use of the present tense, clearly implying that the situation is here and now.  You are awarded 100%, for excellent content and appropriate use of the English language.

Technically, I would agree but, some license is appropriate.  The author could have stated "This is the end of the argument".  However common usage of "End of" captures that meaning, but with greater finality.   On the one hand, technically it is not grammatically correct, but on the other hand there is efficiency in use of words, without loss in meaning.  A very precise and thorough critique of McClaren has been made.  Full credit should be given for both style and content.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 16:55:53 »

He's a fuckwit.

End of.

Technically, I would agree but, some license is appropriate.  The author could have stated "This is the end of the argument".  However common usage of "End of" captures that meaning, but with greater finality.   On the one hand, technically it is not grammatically correct, but on the other hand there is efficiency in use of words, without loss in meaning.  A very precise and thorough critique of McClaren has been made.  Full credit should be given for both style and content.

Yeah but license is American.....licence is English, so undermines credibility as an arbiter of the English language.......and Heskey is shit.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 17:30:03 »

An on form Heskey would be a major boost for England, when he stays on his feet he's probably one of the forwards defenders least like playing against, OK he's not a goalscorer but he's a fucking menace.

I'd have tried him a while ago.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 17:33:21 »

He's a fuckwit.

End of.

Bollocks.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: