Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Birchall  (Read 45162 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:18:03 »

I think it's a fear of the unknown. As fans we like to get ourselves worried thinking about scenarios in our past where it's not gone to plan and more-or-less expect it to happen again.

Although it amuses me when I read people cooing over players that we had never heard of a few weeks ago and still haven't seen play.

I think this sums it up perfectly. Reports from fans of the British based acquisitions are they will give 100%, which is great if they are a Cox, less useful if they are a Dossevi.

Meh, we'll see in a month or two. Roll on a week Tuesday and Supermarine!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:18:59 »

Although it amuses me when I read people cooing over players that we had never heard of a few weeks ago and still haven't seen play.

I don't think there's been too much of that. I've done a bit of cooing over Birchall I will admit but I have seen him play and I am confident my cooing will prove to have been fully justified....if we sign him Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:22:10 »

I don't think there's been too much of that. I've done a bit of cooing over Birchall I will admit but I have seen him play and I am confident my cooing will prove to have been fully justified....if we sign him Wink

If we sign him and that cooing is unjustified I'll be disappointed in you OST, bordering on the disgruntled in fact.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:30:47 »

If we sign him and that cooing is unjustified I'll be disappointed in you OST, bordering on the disgruntled in fact.

Trust me. I don't just coo for anyone you know Cool
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:30:52 »

I think it's a fear of the unknown.

After last seasons disaster I'm actually much happier with unknown than tried and failed players.

Di Canio knows what he wants and these unknown players will at least have to have the right attitude and commitment, otherwise they'd be gone already.

Not getting excited over Birchall - tried and fail. He might have changed, he might have got his act together and improved his game - but not so long ago everyone said the same thing about Leon Cunting Knight!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:33:07 »

not so long ago everyone said the same thing about Leon Cunting Knight!
Maybe he has changed but we just didn't give him a chance Hmmm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:39:03 »

Any way, back to the gift of coo....

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 22:12:42 »

Knight ranted on twitter again. It's safe to say he will never change
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 04:37:13 »

I must stop reading that football rumours website, someone has posted SSP is set to make a sensational return.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #144 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 07:19:37 »

I can understand the apprehension of the unknown, I doubt there's a town fan that isn't experiencing it so some degree.

But some of you need to have a fucking word with yourselves.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 07:38:32 »

No problem with the clear out....had to be done, but the replacements seemingly based around one or two agents.  The lack of a gun striker.  Goalkeeper still looks a problem area to me. Think it will take a while for di Canio to come to terms with the job, and we may struggle initially....do our fans have any patience?
I understand the concerns as we know nothing about these players or how Di Canio will fair as a manager. My take is that there is no point worrying about things I know nothing about and, more importantly, have no control over. Yes, we may struggle and it could get ugly. Or we could get off to a flyer. No one has the slightest idea.

Therefore, I am just hoping for the best for the time being. If, after the Crewe game there are 4 or 5 players who are clearly off the pace and not up to it then I will be concerned. Until that time, I am just trusting in Di Canio as that is all I can do.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #146 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 07:43:36 »

We could have a team full of players whose names we all know, people would still be whinging about something else.
Highland Robin

« Reply #147 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 07:44:21 »

I agree with OST for what its worth....  We have to giver PdC the benefit, since almost everyone is saying how much they like what they are hearing from him.  The problem is we have somehow been led to believe there is a 'blow yer socks off' signing just round the corner.  Maybe, maybe not, but what PdC seems to be saying is that it has to be a team which goes out to win the season, not an individual or a team of individuals.  We all want (footballing bit of) Austin, or a great star of yesteryear; but actually what will count more is whether the team really play for each other - whether winning or losing.  And I am happy to believe, from what I've heard so far, that PdC can achieve that.  (And that's from a PdC doubter, for non-footballing reasons.)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 07:59:59 »

Will he choose Wimbledon or us i wonder then! To be honest it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if he goes for Wimbledon!
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 08:01:16 »

Just posted a Barnet view on their former striker on The Washbag, with a view on his strengths, weaknesses, why he was released by Barnet and more - http://thewashbag.com/2011/07/11/a-barnet-view-on-potential-swindon-signing-adam-birchall/

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: