Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 542133 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3360 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:50:50 »

Can some of us bulk the squad out until we get chance to sign some more pros?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3361 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:55:30 »

This. Redevelop the rec and put a couple of boozers there too. Nearest pub at the moment is either the Dolphin or the runner.
Let's contact Bath to find out who their bleacher supplier is!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
daddyo4624

Ignore
« Reply #3362 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:00:25 »

If as stated the club owes the council a substantial amount of unpaid rent, plus a substantial amount to HMRC, plus possibly others, isit not correct to assume that this has all come about under the ownership of a certain individual whom I do not even want to mention his name for fear of throwing my I pad against a brick wall in anger, then it must be that individuals responsibility to pay such sums surely. Forget debentures owing to him,transfer monies inexplicably lost in the mists of time etc etc. Surely he is not going to get off with not paying what he should have done, therefore leaving it at Clems doorstep.
If taxes have not been paid for the last year whilst he was in control of the finances,and he chose not to pay them, that is not Swindon Town football clubs problem, nor Clems. Is that illogical to think that.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3363 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:00:33 »

We at the Trust apreciate and feel the same frustrations as you all, after all we are avid town fans just volunteering for the Trust to try and keep our club afloat and flourish in the future. Apreciate the updates we give are sometimes just repeating previous ones. We get our updates direct from the Axis lawyers as they apreciate they and Clem cant comment until it's all done . I can assure you everyone wants this done yesterday but we are only passing on information that we take at face value direct from the Axis legal team. Let's all stay positive and it will happen but agree it is like waiting for Christmas,  but Christmas will come as soon as the EFL complete their fit and proper process (and there are no issues as LP suggested there was today), and then Clem will pay LP and then get his shares and if LP is to his word today then he will do that immediately..  keep the faith.
But we shouldn't be taking info from Axis legal team at face value; in the same way we shouldn't take info from Power at face value. For example, what has been the cause of delay in the transfer of shares to Axis and what are the comments from Axis on the 300k running costs that Power claims he can't access. I don't mean this to sound like a dig at the Trust because it isn't.  You all are doing a fantastic job and I am grateful for all you do.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3364 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:06:20 »

We are not going to be a Phoenix club.
Leave it to the legal experts who know what they are doing and it will be done.
Talkshite was a disaster.

I can decode the legal stuff because I know what it all means. 

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #3365 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:07:25 »

Can some of us bulk the squad out until we get chance to sign some more pros?

The bulk probably isn't what's needed

Nothing to see here
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #3366 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:08:02 »

If as stated the club owes the council a substantial amount of unpaid rent, plus a substantial amount to HMRC, plus possibly others, isit not correct to assume that this has all come about under the ownership of a certain individual whom I do not even want to mention his name for fear of throwing my I pad against a brick wall in anger, then it must be that individuals responsibility to pay such sums surely. Forget debentures owing to him,transfer monies inexplicably lost in the mists of time etc etc. Surely he is not going to get off with not paying what he should have done, therefore leaving it at Clems doorstep.
If taxes have not been paid for the last year whilst he was in control of the finances,and he chose not to pay them, that is not Swindon Town football clubs problem, nor Clems. Is that illogical to think that.

That's the way companies work.  The owner's liability is limited to the amount purchased for shares.
If he's broken the law in some way then the debt can become personal but that can only be done through the courts.

He's not going to agree to wipe the slate clean so the liabilities stay with the club and new owner.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #3367 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:09:28 »

You need to understand how companies work

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #3368 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:28:03 »

I can decode the legal stuff because I know what it all means. 

Which makes you so much worse than the ITKer's that you continually lament.

Some people know stuff but don't say it because they can't say it.

You know stuff but you don't say it. You can say it but you don't because you would rather just make snidey remarks instead.

*waits for a smarmy emoticon*
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #3369 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:32:27 »

Which makes you so much worse than the ITKer's that you continually lament.

Some people know stuff but don't say it because they can't say it.

You know stuff but you don't say it. You can say it but you don't because you would rather just make snidey remarks instead.

*waits for a smarmy emoticon*

I can't help feeling disappointed by the terms of your post. I previously held you in high regard.

Nothing to see here
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #3370 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:41:20 »

But we shouldn't be taking info from Axis legal team at face value; in the same way we shouldn't take info from Power at face value. For example, what has been the cause of delay in the transfer of shares to Axis and what are the comments from Axis on the 300k running costs that Power claims he can't access. I don't mean this to sound like a dig at the Trust because it isn't.  You all are doing a fantastic job and I am grateful for all you do.
You cant buy shares until the EFL process is completed. In the EFL charter it says that this process can take a variable amount of time, it depends on multiple factors in terms of the person applying and the situation of the football club. For example if the person applying has multiple companies globally and is turning over 200-300m a year like clem is then there are lots of things to look into for the EFL so it takes longer. If the local businessman with a single business applies its due to be simpler. The length of time the approval is likely to take is variable and like a piece of string and the lawyers from the feedback they have been given from the EFL are confident of no issues and EFL approval. You might argue n the past some current chairman were passed too soon and therefore issues have occurred .. I am not naming any names here but there are lots of examples of chairman that you could argue are not fit and proper to run clubs having passed the test.  In terms of the 300k, i cant unfortunately comment in details on that one for sake of getting myself into trouble, lets just say though that the court ordered Axis to do this and put money in the account for 300k and that was completed as per the judges request, i will let you make your own judgement on that one and who has done the right thing.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3371 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:47:06 »

Thanks for the additional explanation Jan. Helpful to me and appreciated.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #3372 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:48:00 »

Did the EFL have any regard to the trust's written representations?

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3373 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 20:57:39 »

Did the EFL have any regard to the trust's written representations?

Who are you asking?
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #3374 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 21:01:24 »

All and sundry. If you can help with this, I am sure that your input would be gratefully received.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: