Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 541940 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3345 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:05:03 »

Whilst relegation from Div 4 would be rubbish, I’d rather that happen than the club fold and do a ‘Phoenix’.

I’m still holding out that we’re not ‘fucked for next season’ yet. I’ll leave that until after the transfer window (if we get that far).
I don't know, a phoenix club has appeal for me should it come to that. I am done with shit owners and want to be watching football at a well run sustainable club. If it takes a clean break then so be it.
Flashheart

« Reply #3346 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:13:55 »

I don't know, a phoenix club has appeal for me should it come to that. I am done with shit owners and want to be watching football at a well run sustainable club. If it takes a clean break then so be it.

How would becoming a phoenix club do away with the shit owners problem?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:19:17 »

I’d prefer continuity with all the successes and failures it brings. ‘AFC Swindon 2021’ doesn’t appeal.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3348 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:20:56 »

Because it is started by fans that care.
Flashheart

« Reply #3349 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:25:33 »

Because it is started by fans that care.

So you mean a 'fan owned' phoenix club?

You'd still have stuff like competence to worry about, and where's money going to come from to progress?

It sounds to me like a romantic idea but one that lacks oomph.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3350 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:40:19 »

Yes FH., I meant fan led phoenix. I am sure it's a romantic notion. But with each passing he said, she said and it'll be done in two weeks or its imminent, I get closer (in my head) to the fuck this go nuclear option
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3351 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:51:03 »

You could start a new club regardless - something akin to FC United of Manchester

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 18:53:31 »

Where would we play home games

So, give no fucks
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:11:41 »

Mannington Rec

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #3354 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:34:34 »

We at the Trust apreciate and feel the same frustrations as you all, after all we are avid town fans just volunteering for the Trust to try and keep our club afloat and flourish in the future. Apreciate the updates we give are sometimes just repeating previous ones. We get our updates direct from the Axis lawyers as they apreciate they and Clem cant comment until it's all done . I can assure you everyone wants this done yesterday but we are only passing on information that we take at face value direct from the Axis legal team. Let's all stay positive and it will happen but agree it is like waiting for Christmas,  but Christmas will come as soon as the EFL complete their fit and proper process (and there are no issues as LP suggested there was today), and then Clem will pay LP and then get his shares and if LP is to his word today then he will do that immediately..  keep the faith.
Hunk

« Reply #3355 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:38:05 »

We at the Trust apreciate and feel the same frustrations as you all, after all we are avid town fans just volunteering for the Trust to try and keep our club afloat and flourish in the future. Apreciate the updates we give are sometimes just repeating previous ones. We get our updates direct from the Axis lawyers as they apreciate they and Clem cant comment until it's all done . I can assure you everyone wants this done yesterday but we are only passing on information that we take at face value direct from the Axis legal team. Let's all stay positive and it will happen but agree it is like waiting for Christmas,  but Christmas will come as soon as the EFL complete their fit and proper process (and there are no issues as LP suggested there was today), and then Clem will pay LP and then get his shares and if LP is to his word today then he will do that immediately..  keep the faith.

They are very encouraging words indeed. Thankyou
Flashheart

« Reply #3356 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:44:28 »

I've got the faith.

Just a tad impatient.

Are we there yet?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:48:34 »

Mannington Rec

This. Redevelop the rec and put a couple of boozers there too. Nearest pub at the moment is either the Dolphin or the runner.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:48:40 »

For me, if the end of June clem had the opportunity to buy the shares, what's been the delay?

I am still worried on the efl process. Surely if there were no issues, it wouldn't take this long?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 19:49:34 »

We are not going to be a Phoenix club.
Leave it to the legal experts who know what they are doing and it will be done.
Talkshite was a disaster.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: