Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 542176 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 12:05:35 »

the trust:

Events of the last couple of days suggest a transition of ownership is underway. In the circumstances, this could be very rocky, as yesterday's resignation of the manager and assistant manager shows.  

Lee Power has said he cares deeply for the Club. We plead with him to demonstrate this by transferring control of STFC as quickly as possible, to give the Club as much time as possible to prepare for the new season.

We understand that Clem Morfuni and Axis had no hand in the mutual termination of John McGreal and Rene Gilmartin's contracts.

Rest assured, we're monitoring the situation very closely, and will communicate with our members and through social media accordingly. As a Trust, we won't be commenting on rumours. #STFC
Heel dragging?
Flashheart

« Reply #1936 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 12:07:41 »

Just to be clear so I am not taken out of context again – no, I am not expecting us to be promoted.

But.

It’s obvious that a takeover is imminent in the next few days. If the new guy can’t/won’t do the following then we’re in for another shit ride. But going on the assumption that Clem is who he says he is, then:

We should expect a good manager for this level. I know that all managerial appointments are a gamble, but the same could be said for any season. Regardless, the budget and the intention to hire a good manager should be there. If not, the new owner is a dud.

We should also be looking to recruit players who can get us out of the league. I know the manager will start with a handicap that makes promotion more challenging than usual, but the budget and the intention to sign the right players should be there. If not, the new owner is a dud.

With a good manager and good players relative to the league they’re in, any club should expect to be competitive. If they’re not, then something is wrong. Again, I know it will be unreasonable to expect promotion, but the intention and the budget should be there to at least give it a go.

And I know there's a lot wrong at the moment, but I'm quite sure the intention will be to get these things fixed pronto. I mean, there is a takeover happening after all and unless the new guy is a dud, I don't see why people expect these problems to continue. These things should be fixed and they should have fuck-all to do with the manager and team anyway. It's not as though managers have to deal with court cases and accounting and what-not. Give him a budget and staff and let him get on with his job.

Aim for survival? Mid-table at best?

Fuck that.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1937 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 12:08:33 »

Good post  Clap

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1938 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 12:08:39 »

If that's the case then good riddance, bloke was only here five minutes and trying to dictate his own terms, he can fuck off.

Yeah, fuck him.
Imagine a manager dictating to the owners that he wants to sign players. What the fuck...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 12:10:01 »

Going to write to the justice secretary Robert Buckland to try shift the court case on quicker. Not sure what power he’ll have but it’s worth a shot

I can’t imagine he’ll do anything about it. Par for the course really.
He might send an email if there’s a chance he can get his picture in the paper though
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1940 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 12:17:12 »

I can’t imagine he’ll do anything about it. Par for the course really.
He might send an email if there’s a chance he can get his picture in the paper though

I can say with certainty that it won't achieve anything

Nothing to see here
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 13:06:51 »

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the weekend.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 13:08:11 »

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the weekend.

Is the new manager actually going to be any good?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 13:26:07 »

Just to be clear so I am not taken out of context again – no, I am not expecting us to be promoted.

But.

It’s obvious that a takeover is imminent in the next few days. If the new guy can’t/won’t do the following then we’re in for another shit ride. But going on the assumption that Clem is who he says he is, then:

We should expect a good manager for this level. I know that all managerial appointments are a gamble, but the same could be said for any season. Regardless, the budget and the intention to hire a good manager should be there. If not, the new owner is a dud.

We should also be looking to recruit players who can get us out of the league. I know the manager will start with a handicap that makes promotion more challenging than usual, but the budget and the intention to sign the right players should be there. If not, the new owner is a dud.

With a good manager and good players relative to the league they’re in, any club should expect to be competitive. If they’re not, then something is wrong. Again, I know it will be unreasonable to expect promotion, but the intention and the budget should be there to at least give it a go.

And I know there's a lot wrong at the moment, but I'm quite sure the intention will be to get these things fixed pronto. I mean, there is a takeover happening after all and unless the new guy is a dud, I don't see why people expect these problems to continue. These things should be fixed and they should have fuck-all to do with the manager and team anyway. It's not as though managers have to deal with court cases and accounting and what-not. Give him a budget and staff and let him get on with his job.

Fuck that.

Fair enough, but think you're in for a tough year ahead (well, all of us are)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 13:33:43 »

There is a enormous difference between an owner who is the real deal in the sense he won’t run the club into the ground and lie, 
cheat and steal from it & an owner who is the real deal because he can & will throw billions of pounds at it.

Clem, from where I am certainly seems more of option A then option B.

Will he steady the ship? Probably
Will he move the club forward? Probably
...but...at what speed and what pace?

Could well be wrong but I’m expecting a slow grind over the next 3 to 4 years just to steady the ship and face the right direction.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:03:53 »

There is a enormous difference between an owner who is the real deal in the sense he won’t run the club into the ground and lie, 
cheat and steal from it & an owner who is the real deal because he can & will throw billions of pounds at it.

Clem, from where I am certainly seems more of option A then option B.

Will he steady the ship? Probably
Will he move the club forward? Probably
...but...at what speed and what pace?

Could well be wrong but I’m expecting a slow grind over the next 3 to 4 years just to steady the ship and face the right direction.

but we are swindon in league 2. with the fans behind the owner, management and players we will have a good budget to work with to expect success. we can live sustainably and still expect a successful season.

3/4 years to steady the ship I don't see the need. if things take a month or two to sort this may take a season to settle worst case. but after that it's all speeds ahead and look to progress and get out this terrible league yet again
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:06:14 »

But.

Fuck that.

Not being confrontational here, but who would you consider to be a ‘good’ managerial appointment?

I’d love to think that things will be stable enough for Town to complete this coming season but I’m currently in a camp that sees not going bust and avoiding relegation = a successful season (+ nice home and away kits would help😉).

I’m very much looking forward to being able to renew my season ticket in the expectation that it’ll contribute to a new, positive era. Hopefully this can happen sooner rather than later.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:09:42 »

our attendances will produce a good enough budget for league 2 push.if clem is clever with his marketing/ promotion and signings we can very easily recreate a dicanio era buzz. swindon fans have shown that there is enough hiding in the wood work when needed if there is success on the pitch
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:14:15 »

but we are swindon in league 2. with the fans behind the owner, management and players we will have a good budget to work with to expect success. we can live sustainably and still expect a successful season.

3/4 years to steady the ship I don't see the need. if things take a month or two to sort this may take a season to settle worst case. but after that it's all speeds ahead and look to progress and get out this terrible league yet again

You have no clue what our budget will be.
You have idea how many season tickets we will sell.
No of us do. It’s a bit simplistic to just think out attendances will bring in enough for us to have good players and be sustainable - if it was that easy why haven’t we done it in the last 30 years.

Plus, who knows what outstanding debts the club will have to pay on top of all the usual operating costs.

Obviously a lot of guess work involved but think your view here is too simplistic.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:29:14 »

You have no clue what our budget will be.
You have idea how many season tickets we will sell.
No of us do. It’s a bit simplistic to just think out attendances will bring in enough for us to have good players and be sustainable - if it was that easy why haven’t we done it in the last 30 years.

Plus, who knows what outstanding debts the club will have to pay on top of all the usual operating costs.

Obviously a lot of guess work involved but think your view here is too simplistic.

I have nothing to go on except our previous visits to league 2. we are naturally too big for the majority of league 2 clubs.

I did state that if we have fans behind the club it is a recipe for success, budget wise at least.

ofcourse I have no clue, and neither do you. but again if you look back at history if the fans are engaged our attendances are always one of the heights in the league and that translates to budget.

I don't want to get in the mindset or escaping relegation to non league and nor should anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: