Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: stunning  (Read 3858 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 21:48:43 »

I like stadiums where the rooves of the stands meet in the corners if that makes sense. Makes for a mush better atmosphere and feels like a more enclosed space. Deepdale and Genoa are both good examples of this.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 22:01:07 »

Southamptons is quality also.....Stoke also holds in the atmosphere.
Doore

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 22:12:18 »

I loved Stoke's ground as well.  Worst atmosphere I've ever been in was Wigan in Division Two (obviously now league 1) three seasons in a row.  0-0, 1-0 defeat and 2-0 defeat.  270 mins and not one sound from the 42 home fans.  Awful. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 23:22:46 »

I'm quite a big fan of having separate stands, even if it's just one. The whole "bowl" thing just seems overdone and bland. If we were to build a new ground, I'd want it to have some sort of distinct feature to make it stand out from the rest, instead of looking the same as Derby, Soton, Reading, Middlesborough, Leicester and all the rest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 23:25:27 »

I'm quite a big fan of having separate stands, even if it's just one. The whole "bowl" thing just seems overdone and bland. If we were to build a new ground, I'd want it to have some sort of distinct feature to make it stand out from the rest, instead of looking the same as Derby, Soton, Reading, Middlesborough, Leicester and all the rest

That's why I like Villa Park. Traditional and great.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 23:34:55 »

I'd like a slightly better version of Loftus Road.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 23:44:39 »

That's why I like Villa Park. Traditional and great.
Good shout. I've only been once and was sat right at the top of the Holt End, but even from there you can't deny it has character
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 20:27:07 »

I'd like a slightly better version of Loftus Road.

Agreed. Cant beat that intimacy with the game.

Nothing worse than something like the scum has got, miles from the pitch!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 21:15:53 »

Went to the Giuseppe Meazze / San Siro last week to watch Inter v Siena. Stunning ground and experience. Despite being very near the top row of the top tier, the view of the pitch was excellent. Fab design for a big capacity club stadium.

It was great confusing the locals by wearing my old black and blue striped Town away kit.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 23:48:44 »

Went to the Giuseppe Meazze / San Siro last week to watch Inter v Siena. Stunning ground and experience. Despite being very near the top row of the top tier, the view of the pitch was excellent. Fab design for a big capacity club stadium.

It was great confusing the locals by wearing my old black and blue striped Town away kit.

I went to the San Siro about 9 years ago to see Inter. Cost me about £7 to get in....It was when Seedorf was playing for them. They were playing Reggiana (sp) who I think had been promoted the previous season. Finished 1-1. The best bit was after the game there were about 400 Inter fans waiting and chanting outside the players entrance....we thought they were after autographs and photos...turns out they wanted to vent their anger at only drawing with Reggiana.  Huh?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: