Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: arkells refugees  (Read 4250 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:03:22 »

Today i went to a meeting at the County Ground expecting to be able to put some ideas across/questions to Ben Lambert and Brian Powell (Box Office Manager), i left work early to get to Swindon at 7 from Basingstoke to be told Ben has had to rush off to a meeting, in his place Sarah Mildenhall came in who seems to be the person lumped with all the crap at the club, I genuinely feel sorry for her.

When I got to the boardroom there were 4 other season ticket holders who haven’t yet been relocated in the Arkells, in total there are 9 left who haven’t been relocated, from the off it was quite obvious that we where sat in a room with the wrong people, both Brian and Sarah don’t have any the authority to discuss any ideas we put through.

The main idea was to move the netting from the homes fans side to the away section, the only club for the rest of the season that will bring 1000+ is probably Walsall, most other clubs have struggled to bring more than 500-600, why do the club insist on inconveniencing the week in week out fans when they would be far better off restricting the away end, but I get the impression this fell on deaf ears.

By the end of the meeting I found myself thinking why the hell did I make the effort to drive 60 miles straight from work to have a meeting with 2 people who couldn’t offer a response. Its not their fault, they just weren’t the right people, maybe if Ron Topp had been there he might have been able to offer an answer or two we were told he lives in Reading so couldn’t make the journey (well I did, its only 10 miles further up the road).

Once again I’m left felt a bit lost and bewildered about the whole situation, the Rovers game was a once off and the trouble flared up when the stewards and Police went to the car park to prepare for the fans leaving the ground, coming out of the meeting 2 of the guys in there are considering handing back there season tickets, one of them has been coming since 1972. It’s a shame its gone like this, looks like the atmosphere in the Arkells has died for another few years.

They took my phone number so you never know I might get a call but I’m not counting on it.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:07:24 »

Takes teh piss Whits, this club havent a clue how to treat people

Spud

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:07:24 »

Sounds like the usual day in day out shambles of STFC.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:07:45 »

and they wanted me to travel up from brighton for this!?!
i feel so let down by this club, i am planning to ask for a refund on the remaining games on my season ticket and i will only be attending away games from now on. i have finally had enough of being treated this shoddily.

the phrase testing my patience comes to mind and the straw that broke the camels back.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:08:14 »

Cant see why you dont just move right a bit to be honest I think its making a point for the sake of it.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:09:08 »

I think your point about moving the netting to the away side is very valid. It's never going to happen though.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:09:35 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
i feel so let down by this club, i am planning to ask for a refund on the remaining games on my season ticket and i will only be attending away games from now on. i have finally had enough of being treated this shoddily.

the phrase testing my patience comes to mind and the straw that broke the camels back.

Winners on sat mex?

mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:10:28 »

devils advocate Cool

the point is why send letters telling us this meeting is going ahead to air our greivances and no cunt with any authority shows for it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:11:40 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Quote from: "mexico red"

Winners on sat mex?

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:11:59 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Cant see why you dont just move right a bit to be honest I think its making a point for the sake of it.

i understand where your coming from but i'm just intrigued to know why they didn't take the same size out of the away end instead...the space they have created is tiny, i'm bringing 4 people on saturday and i'm not 100% sure i can get them tickets in the same area now.

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:13:22 »

Ive given up on them.  When I called Sandy gray about a house we could rent to Sturrock I said Id take less rent and wouldnt charge any fees.  Showed her house on net as had every room pictured, she then said I will call you in morning as I agreed to clear diary in morning - Not 1 call.

Wont deal with club again

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:14:17 »

Whits

Crying

:toppost:  mate .............. I feel for you bunch I really do

You are absoloutly right and I salute you for coming all this way to give your views.

Walsall is not until 5th of May so there is no reason at all why they should noy be given the bank.

The "sterile area" should encroach on the away side NOT our side, simple as that.

Imagine being reallocated and for 99% of the remaining home games seeing a next to empty away section in the Arkells.

Bloody criminal !!!!

However, from a business point of view, STFC would not be able to charge 20 quid a ticket for away fans to sit in the SB would they ?  

Wink
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:15:30 »

But frankly you know and I know that you will.You can bring 10 people and with a bit a moving about be able to all sit together.Sure it sucks whats happened,they bought you dinner though didnt they...move on

/
W56196272
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:17:19 »

yeah but if its a big game, they would fill the home side, the away end in the arkells is 1300, i can't think of anyone left this year apart from walsall that will need close to that

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 22:17:28 »

if someone wants to buy my season ticket they are more than welcome £100 for 9 remaining games after wrexham (already made arrangements) thats £11 a game in the arkells.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: