Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: looking ahead...  (Read 6830 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 12:48:55 »

so, the general consensus yesterday is that wilson started with the wrong team and/or formation which led to all kinds of nonsense.  we have another game imminent where we can make things right, so what team would you pick?

operating on the assumption we don't get another striker in by tuesday.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:00:37 »

4-4-2 with O'brien and macca on the wings and Macklin up front with paynter. Everything else more or less the same as I reckon he just tried a particular system and it didn't work out.

flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:02:32 »

I think we should go with the well known Asymmetrical Inside Out Christmas Tree
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:06:34 »

How zany.

I think we should try one of the other goalkeepers Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:07:56 »

How zany.

I think we should try one of the other goalkeepers Smiley

Up front?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:09:46 »

4-4-2 with O'brien and macca on the wings and Macklin up front with paynter. Everything else more or less the same as I reckon he just tried a particular system and it didn't work out.

I'd go with that - dropping Cuthbert for Macklin.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:12:32 »

4-4-2 with O'brien and Macca on the wings and Macklin up front with paynter. Everything else more or less the same as I reckon he just tried a particular system and it didn't work out.

What Wilson appeared to be trying to do was accommodate Macca, while at the same cobbling together a couple of strikers.  With 4:4:2, there has to be someone alongside Paynter to hold up play and stop the ball being send straight back from whence it came.

I would play 4:5:1 to minimise hoofball, with Macca on the wing with the extra midfielder slotting in behind Macca when he gets forward to make up for Macca's defensive frailties.  If the alternative is 4:4:2, I think you would have to drop Macca.  
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:17:01 by Crozzer » Logged
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:16:42 »

4-4-2

Big Kev at right back for Cuthbert.

O'Brien right wing, Macca left. Paynter and Macklin up front.

I might be tempted for Kennedy in for Lescinel too.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:22:35 »

Kennedy behind Macca might be a bit light weight on the left.  4:5:1 going to 4:3:3 when attacking (formation a la King) might be a better option, a midfielder playing in position is probably better than a makeshift striker.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:40:35 »

wasn't a lack of pace in defense an issue yesterday?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:49:15 »

Lack of pace or half asleep, these players weren't that bad last season.  Shirtliff's supposed to be the defensive guru, maybe they didn't know their jobs.  Would not be surprised to see Ifil in for Morrison.  I have no problem with Kennedy, but don't like the idea of Macca in front of him.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 13:56:03 »

I wouldn't go changing the players too much, even the best players in the league would have struggled with the wrong system and/or mentality.

Keep the more more or less the same but get the system right but maybe consider bringing in Ifil for pace at the back. Having said that the correct positioning and use of the offside trap should counter lack of pace if used properly.

I am doubting it is the players, rather the tactics where all pete tong.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 14:41:39 »

Has everyone forgotten just how shit Ifil was last season and the number of times he was directly responsible for gifting goals to the opposition? Morrison hardly put a foot wrong last season, yet he has one bad game (along with the rest of the team) and everyone is saying he should be dropped for Ifil.

Complete and utter bollocks if you ask me.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 14:45:28 »

And how many people have forgotten just how good Ifil can be when on form?

I don't think that many, if any, are suggesting dropping Morrison because he is crap but because maybe we need a bit more pace at the back.
JPC82

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 14:58:57 »

Has everyone forgotten just how shit Ifil was last season and the number of times he was directly responsible for gifting goals to the opposition? Morrison hardly put a foot wrong last season, yet he has one bad game (along with the rest of the team) and everyone is saying he should be dropped for Ifil.

Complete and utter bollocks if you ask me.

im always saying this, people annoy me when they say who ever isnt playing should be in the team, when we had zaaboub and roberts, which ever 1 played out of the 2 and was shit u hear fans around u saying that the other 1 is much better and should be playing, but they say the same when its the other way round!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: