Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players  (Read 31349 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:48:25 »

Yeah I bet league one let out a collective sigh of relief when we let Williams go.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:52:29 »

I really don't rate him but if his role is simply to hold the ball up, provide some strength as a battering ram and bring others into play then fair enough but we need to hope that we'll get lots of goals from out wide.

Although, similar to Ranger he's mostly at a higher level so his record might not be much to read into - he did score 4 in 7 at Charlton in L1 a couple of years back.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:59:23 »

I'm going to make a guess and say Danny N'Guessan will be a Swindon player on Tuesday morning. Providing he can make his way through all these twisted knickers strewn throughout Swindon.

Do you know that for a fact or are you just N'Guessan?

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 11:13:19 »

A lot of people are looking at players goal scoring records and of course for a striker this is pretty important!! However with the way we play I think goalscoring isn't the be all and end all. Yesterday gills pushed up giving fods no option but to punt it long. This is where ranger comes into his own, winning headers to try and win possession, if storey was up front we'd have given the ball to gillingham every time.

Ranger had no clear cut chances yesterday, however Nathan Thompson who scored also had 2 or 3 good opportunities. I'm not sure  goalscorers are that important in this style of football.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 11:24:45 »

I agree, we'll see a few from Pritch, Luongo and Mason. Who knows, if Byrne adopts the more advanced role maybe he'll get a couple more, he was getting into positions around the box yesterday. Plus I'm sure Reis will provide assists and Ranger will score a few. The one effort he did have that was blocked for a corner certainly looked goal bound from where I was sitting, plus a sharper, fitter Ranger probably wouldn't have fluffed his touch in the box on the odd occasion he did.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:23:57 »

We should sign Heskey.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:35:07 »

We should sign Heskey.
We are going to sign an Emile - is that good enough?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:35:30 »

My knickers are twisted many miles from Swindon then as I think N'Guessan would be a fairly poor signing. Our strike force of Ranger and N'Guessan would boast a massive 35 goals in 257 league appearances (141 starts, 116 sub apps).
N'Guessan is not a striker..he has always been a winger and a good one at that.

He would be very good for this level, quick and powerful. Far more direct than anyone we have got.

I'm not sure why people think he is a striker?
Flashheart

« Reply #158 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:39:57 »

We are going to sign an Emile - is that good enough?

Yes

Because it will always remind me of this:

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 20:40:43 »

N'Guessan is not a striker..he has always been a winger and a good one at that.

He would be very good for this level, quick and powerful. Far more direct than anyone we have got.

I'm not sure why people think he is a striker?
I'm sure that I've only seen him play as a forward... if that's the case then I retract my comment regarding his goalscoring record.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:12:50 »

I'm struggling to get my head round Frank Nouble and Chris Martin playing in the Championship with the latter unable to stop scoring goals... Suicide

Roaming the land while you sleep..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:15:11 »

Oh...and Ben Hutchinson scored a screamer yesterday!!

Also, when did Gary Roberts become so prolific?!

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:30:23 »

Pretty much his whole career he has had a reasonable goalscoring for an attacking midfielder.

He is apparently running the show at Chesterfield and tearing a hole in League 2, no surprise, would have loved to have kept him if we didn't have to dump his wages.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:36:27 »

Pretty much his whole career he has had a reasonable goalscoring for an attacking midfielder.

He is apparently running the show at Chesterfield and tearing a hole in League 2, no surprise, would have loved to have kept him if we didn't have to dump his wages.

I remember when he signed for Chesterfield....their chairman said he was the best winger outside of the Premier League.... Girl Giggle

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 23:51:17 »

I'm sure that I've only seen him play as a forward... if that's the case then I retract my comment regarding his goalscoring record.

The only time I can remember seeing N'Guessan play was when he was at Boston...we played them in Div 4 under Wise, and he scored a very decent late equaliser....cutting in from the wing and slotting... not really a striker. I took a dislike to him...finding being unable to beat Boston at the CG a bit embarrasing
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: