Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Billy Bodin  (Read 3285 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:42:31 »

Is he a left winger? The report of today's reserves game said he is a forward. I have noticed he gets on the scoresheet quite a lot for the ressies, is he anywhere near first team standard?

Reserves beat Swansea 3-0 by the way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:49:21 »

Is he a left winger? The report of today's reserves game said he is a forward. I have noticed he gets on the scoresheet quite a lot for the ressies, is he anywhere near first team standard?

Reserves beat Swansea 3-0 by the way.

I've never seen him play in the flesh, but maybe a couple of years back he was playing for the sheepshaggers on the box in an U 18 thing.

He then looked about 14, and very lightweight....I did worry he might be our next Alan Young.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:53:29 »

When I've seen him he normally plays left wing.

He still looks and sounds about 16. Its quite funny hearing him call for the ball during a game as his voice is so squeaky

Decent player but personally I dont think he will make it. Very very lightweight.

Although, he definitely had a growth spurt in the summer, he was alot bigger in the pre-season games that he was last time I saw him play, so maybe he has finally hit puberty aged 17 or 18 or whatever.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:54:39 »

a perfect case of not what you know, but who.
better lads than him were released from the club.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:57:09 »

Not sure about better, who do you mean? He's done well all through the youth groups, top scorer in that milk cup thingy, done pretty well for Wales, and looked pretty skilful on that sky soccer am thing. Proof of all that will be in seeing i guess.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 17:00:28 »

No doubt having your old man as the youth team coach means you get favoured but I've never once watched Billy play and thought he's only here because of his dad.

He never looks out of place, infact usually one of the better performers in my limited experience

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 17:06:44 »

not saying he's shit,but i dont think he'd be here if he wasn't bodins son.
being his lad will only get him so far, so lets see if he can deliver the goods.i hope he can as it will be a success story for our youth set up.got my doubts though
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 10:53:25 »

Hang on, he's 17 and playing for Wales u21 and scoring for the ressies, what more do you want from the kid? Every time I've seen him he's looked quick, tricky and can really finish, and Budgie picks the ressies, it's nothing to do with Zippy above u18
REDBUCK

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 10:57:33 »

iT'S OK, you just have to be aware that there are clueless people who support the team
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 11:01:51 »

worth a try out for the first team IMO .. not as someone who will start a game this season but as a late impact player who might grab a goal?

Not where he is because of his old man ... except of course the fact that his old man was quality and he seems to be following in his footsteps

I used to be Fatbury
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 11:10:38 »

iT'S OK, you just have to be aware that there are clueless people who support the team

such as ?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 11:17:41 »

Seemed too selfish whenever I've seen him play, the last time was pre-season so he may have developed his game since then. Given that Macklin isn't near our first team I doubt Bodin is mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: