Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official JPT Matchday Thread  (Read 17402 times)
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:22:26 »

Dossevi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!

Big Vinny played well Saturday and scored, what more do people want?

Dossevi plays some nice stuff, but when he gets in front of goal he turns to shit.

Dont get me wrong, I am not knocking Pericard at all.  It is just that I would like to see Dossevi get a full 90 minutes in.  But then I can see your argument with playing Pericard to keep his run of form from Saturday going.
Panda Paws

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:23:06 »

I still think we should use Dossevi in a wider role.

This.

Dossevi is not a striker, he's a right winger and should be competing with JPM for that role. After JPM's performances this season (I didn't go Saturday, mind), I'd give Dossevi 90 mins wide right.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:29:07 »

This.

Dossevi is not a striker, he's a right winger and should be competing with JPM for that role. After JPM's performances this season (I didn't go Saturday, mind), I'd give Dossevi 90 mins wide right.

In fairness to JPM he's hardly been played on the wing this season!
He was Saturday and his performance was much, much better.

Barring injuries, I think DW should go with the same 11. Whether he will or not.....

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:33:46 »

JPT's usually viewed as a good chance to give the more fringey players like Dossevi a chance to show what they can do
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:34:40 »

3-0 loss on the basis that this prediction saw us win 4-0 on Saturday Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:54:01 »

This.

The one instance that really sticks out for me was the Brighton game, he got the ball down the right,facing our goal and in one movement he spun two players and broke away down the wing. I don't see him as a slow player either, although I get the impression some people think he lacks pace.

I'm not saying he should be brought in now, I'd keep the same team now. But when we do use him, I don't think it should be as a striker.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 11:56:18 »

Bullshit competition, home win.

Real big one is on saturday, three away games on the bounce after that could shape our season going into december/christmas period

Thing which pisses me off the most about this joke trophy is that they've put this fucking ridiculous rule in about fielding 7 first team regulars or something. Utter wank who the fuck are they to tell the manager who to play, thats the point of a fucking squad.

Also how are they defining a first team regular? what is regular anyway? is ALANNNN a first team regular? not in my team he aint

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:01:19 »

Your point is irrelevant.  Our board take it seriously so demand that the Manager picks a team to win, hence one of the reasons Malpas went in the end.

The rule is around ensuring x amount of the last league team is picked, provided they are available.  That was done to ensure fans weren't short changed in the way the League Cup can be by the bigger teams from time to time.

Personally not fussed by it, but our club is, so even if the league said we could play the youth team, we wouldn't.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:06:26 »

Is that what it is, 7 from the last league game? thats more tangible but still pointless, what would you rather see, a team of kids out there trying for the shirt or a team of senior players trotting around not giving a fuck? (you get to see that most league games, I know)

Our club might be fussed by it but the fans aint, hence gates of less than half of league games. No point having a squad if you can't rest players for joke trophies like this one. What next the west wilts shield demanding 7 first teamers are picked?

etc,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:08:15 »

What next the west wilts shield demanding 7 first teamers are picked?
Wouldn't matter to us, we're North Wilts
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:08:29 »

The point is, we do take it seriously so we wouldn't want to rest players anyway, and we will have a strong team taking it like a proper match.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:11:09 »

Wouldn't matter to us, we're North Wilts

haha cunt
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:55:59 »

haha cunt

Cheesy
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:57:05 »

I would like to see the same team as Saturday, see if we can build up a bit of momentum. I'm glad the club take the competition seriously because there is a big prize at stake and it's one we have the ability to win.

That said I think tonight will be a tough game as Brentford are on a good run, they may be more inclined to rest players though with an FA Cup replay next week, so that could help us.

Interesting that Brentford have already been involved in 3 penalty shoot-outs this season, wouldn't bet against another one tonight.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 12:59:12 »

It looks like pretty crappy conditions for the game, we don't always seem to do well when that's the case.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: