Pages: 1 ... 2231 2232 2233 [2234] 2235 2236 2237 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9076290 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33495 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:41:58 »

Who says replacement, we need a third striker as we don’t want to get into a similar position in attack as we are in defence.
Minded to agree. And I don't think anyone can replace Doyle in terms of the chemistry within the team, that's very hard to recreate.

Meanwhile, Grant has added "Swindon Seedorf" to his twitter bio, which I'm choosing to read as a positive sign Smiley
https://twitter.com/Anthony42Grant
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33496 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:43:03 »

Nixon reckons be either one of those, or Doyle
Very similar backgrounds to Doyle. Similar age, history of scoring plenty in the right team, presently not pulling up trees with their clubs.

Much like Doyle at Bradford - which is why they wanted rid in the first place. Any half decent striker would score regularly in our side - maybe not at a goal a game, but even half that rate would see us fine.
Flashheart

« Reply #33497 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:43:15 »

Let’s be honest, he’s as hit and miss as most rumour sites.

I've found him to be quit reliable over the last few windows.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33498 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:44:15 »

Minded to agree. And I don't think anyone can replace Doyle in terms of the chemistry within the team, that's very hard to recreate.

Meanwhile, Grant has added "Swindon Seedorf" to his twitter bio, which I'm choosing to read as a positive sign Smiley
https://twitter.com/Anthony42Grant
He did that Friday night and went on a liking spree liking everyone’s comments to him over the last 3 months. Some journo is saying Mansfield and Grimsby also want him so only danger would be the Mansfield wages.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33499 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:45:50 »

I've found him to be quit reliable over the last few windows.
I don’t think anyone knows much when it comes to us, we seem very good these days at keeping our signings very secret. Donohue signed from nowhere for example.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #33500 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:54:04 »

Let’s be honest, he’s as hit and miss as most rumour sites.

Not so sure. Just because a rumour doesn’t materialise, doesn’t mean there isn’t substance to it. His seem to have substance, rather than just being dreamt up by a bored teenager. Pitman would be superb. McNulty very good for this level. Still want GP.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33501 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:56:48 »

I was told we were after Pitman in the Summer, so wouldnt be shocked to see him coming.

Also I see that Luton are now willing to get rid of Danny Hylton, Plymouth have made an offer for him.

All of course conjecture if Doyle doesn't re-sign.

My Pompey supporting mate says Brett Pitman has been told he is "no longer wanted on voyage" at Pompey by Jackett.

With the Portsmouth connections we already have in Rose, May and Hunt he may be a viable alternative to Doyle.

Could do worse, same age as Doyle at 31 and a proven goalscoring record of 1 goal every 3 games (1 in 2 games at Pompey).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #33502 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:59:38 »

It does add an extra dimension to negotiations. Bradford obviously think they have us over a barrel, whereas we can just make Doyle their issue and go after another target.

We would all obviously like Doyle to stay, however Bradford need to realise they don't hold all the chips and we shouldn't be desperate enough to just go along with whatever they want.

If we said fine take him back, they are the ones that have to fit him in the team and pay his wages.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #33503 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 14:02:19 »

It does add an extra dimension to negotiations. Bradford obviously think they have us over a barrel, whereas we can just make Doyle their issue and go after another target.

We would all obviously like Doyle to stay, however Bradford need to realise they don't hold all the chips and we shouldn't be desperate enough to just go along with whatever they want.

If we said fine take him back, they are the ones that have to fit him in the team and pay his wages.
Absolutely,  so is this another famous Swindon Town smokescreen ??,   who knows,  but love it if it paid off.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33504 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 14:02:47 »

It needs to be sorted now. Doyle needs to know where to go for training this week.

Anyhoo, it’s all sorted and just needs announcing.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33505 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 14:05:50 »

Relax!

What will be, will be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33506 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 14:06:16 »

Doyle comes to us for training unless/ until Bradford recall
Panda Paws

« Reply #33507 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 14:20:22 »

Doyle comes to us for training unless/ until Bradford recall

Yep, Swindon player until we're told otherwise.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33508 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 15:01:26 »

Of course, McNulty is yet another striker who played for Bradford, did fuck all, went to Coventry and scored a hatful.

The same could be said of Billy Paynter.

Bradford have plenty of previous is messing up strikers.

They also had Wanker John McGinlay.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33509 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 15:11:32 »

No coincidence that McNulty and Pitman's names have emerged in the press at this stage.

Town playing this about right.
Pages: 1 ... 2231 2232 2233 [2234] 2235 2236 2237 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: