Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4th Test  (Read 15971 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 12:23:56 »

Its the best proof weve ever had, and these 7 players need to banned for life. I will never ever pay to watch Pakistan play again myself.

I agree Spencer. I think Mikey Holding's response on Sky thinks they are banged to rights. I think the pictures are pretty damning, with the 'fixer' saying the balls which will be no-balls, and the fact that the bowlers were way over, making sure they were no-balls, especially with the commentators comments at the time.

Pakistan's batting performances during the Test series were woeful. England have bowled them out for 72,72 and 80 during this Test series, and without Akmal's innings yesterday, they would've had another sub-100 innings, which is woeful for a senior Test playing nation.

If I was the ICC, I would also look into the Pakistan v Aussie test match a few months ago also. They were serenely 100-2 chasing around 400, and they collapsed due to the might of Marcus North's part time bowling, who Anderson and Panesar easily faced at Cardiff last year.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 17:31:47 »

To be honest I should say I was at the Oval test match when Pakistan forfeited that game. And the subsequent farce involving changing the result really put me off paying to watch Pakistan.

Test match tickets are extremely expensive now and the British public deserve better than this.

People have said this could destroy cricket in Pakistan for 2 generations and we cant afford to lose another test playing nation. I dont give a shit.

Remmember their loss to Ireland in the world cup? hmmmmm!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 17:46:10 »

Bad timing as well given a vast majority of people have just lost everything in the floods.
Anyone who plays test cricket for Pakistan will end up very rich...........why give up everything for a few dodgy quid..........Greed.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 17:50:53 »

I agree Spencer. I think Mikey Holding's response on Sky thinks they are banged to rights. I think the pictures are pretty damning, with the 'fixer' saying the balls which will be no-balls, and the fact that the bowlers were way over, making sure they were no-balls, especially with the commentators comments at the time.

Pakistan's batting performances during the Test series were woeful. England have bowled them out for 72,72 and 80 during this Test series, and without Akmal's innings yesterday, they would've had another sub-100 innings, which is woeful for a senior Test playing nation.

If I was the ICC, I would also look into the Pakistan v Aussie test match a few months ago also. They were serenely 100-2 chasing around 400, and they collapsed due to the might of Marcus North's part time bowling, who Anderson and Panesar easily faced at Cardiff last year.

North bowled two overs against Anderson and Panesar.

It's a shame that this will drag the whole game into disrepute, mistrust and suspicion
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 17:59:16 »

Remmember their loss to Ireland in the world cup? hmmmmm!

I don't think the game in '07 against the Irish was thrown, as the game was played on a seamer friendly pitch, which levelled the playing field, but as I said previously, there is no doubt in my mind that the games against Bangladesh in '99 was thrown.

There is no doubt that this will affect attendances at any matches involving Pakistan. Who in their right mind will pay upwards of £100 if they think the game is fixed. Counties are already counting the cost this summer due to the low attendances, as they now have to bid for international matches with the ECB, and the counties have to get that money back somehow. Who is in their right mind going to bid to hold a game against Pakistan?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: