Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Central Ward Councillor's view of CG redevelopment......  (Read 4741 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:09:34 »

...published in the free paper that does the rounds in the area.

To precis it says that she Sinead Darker (Lab) has in no way been involved in any consultation on the matter, and is totally opposed to any development on the basis that it will remove oxygen from the air of central Swindon.

She then goes on to say that all her efforts to see any plans have been unsuccessful and she recommends people e-mailing the club or writing with their views.

She wants people to let her know what they think of the CG redevelopment by phoning 337591 or e-mail sinead@swindoncentral.org.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:12:16 »

Give her a piece of your mind Reg!
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:23:00 »

"Will remove oxygen from the air of central swindon"  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

y wings are like a shield of steel!
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:23:25 »

I am going to e mail her telling her I am gonna kick her in the cunt
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:24:13 »

You go birdy!  Soapy Tit Wank

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:25:23 »

I think its incumbent on all forum members to point out to her that, the no redevelopment option is most likely to lead to the loss of professional football in Swindon.....and the likelihood of an even more dense development on the CG site.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:35:49 »

Or maybe just tell her that she's a sad bitch with no friends!

I'll e-mail her later and tell her I'm a voodoo expert with a doll with her name on it. :twisted:
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 11:21:37 »

Quote from: "Titch"
"Will remove oxygen from the air of central swindon"  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

:roll:  :roll:

taht would be funny if it was another club in another town
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 11:22:24 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I think its incumbent on all forum members to point out to her that, the no redevelopment option is most likely to lead to the loss of professional football in Swindon.....and the likelihood of an even more dense development on the CG site.

very good point, well made Reg.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 13:08:45 »

http://www.swindon.labour.co.uk/ViewPage.cfm?Page=9389

County Ground Developments

At a recent meeting of a group considering the latest Swindon Local Plan some changes were proposed, to clarify the development position of the County Ground Extension.  It is no secret that the Football Club want to improve the facilities at the County Ground.  Indeed, the Council supports their aim to improve the facilities at an appropriate site.  However, to my mind that does not include the Extension.

Residents in the area have little enough open space available to them, without suggestions that the Extension can be developed.  The arguments in favour of development rely on the fact that Sport England will insist that the facilities be replaced somewhere, but where in Central could that be?  I’m open to suggestions, but honestly cannot think of a suitable alternative.

So, along with my Ward Colleague, I say “hands off our extension”.  And I’ll continue to say it until the provision of open space for the area is secured.

Take a look at the bit abouth the CG, though it pretty much says what the OP said.

Hope the OP doesn't mind, but I am going to tout this a bit on other sites in the hope we can start lobbying now. I will also email them but feel that my view will be diluted by not being a Swindon resident.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 13:32:34 »

totally opposed to any development on the basis that it will remove oxygen from the air of central Swindon.

What the fuck?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 14:34:37 »

The arguments in favour of development rely on the fact that Sport England will insist that the facilities be replaced somewhere, but where in Central could that be? I’m open to suggestions, but honestly cannot think of a suitable alternative

I still don't know why the council can't do something with the old BR ground. I know Slattery owns it, but the council aren't letting him build on it and it's just a been redundant space for 6 years.
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 14:36:06 »

Quote from: "dogs"
The arguments in favour of development rely on the fact that Sport England will insist that the facilities be replaced somewhere, but where in Central could that be? I’m open to suggestions, but honestly cannot think of a suitable alternative

I still don't know why the council can't do something with the old BR ground. I know Slattery owns it, but the council aren't letting him build on it and it's just a been redundant space for 6 years.

They cant do that! I park there for free!  Cheesy  :--
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 14:39:54 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
totally opposed to any development on the basis that it will remove oxygen from the air of central Swindon.

What the fuck?

What a tard! Bet she really meant to say "open space" but is obviously so angered by the redevelopment plans she wuddled her mords
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:36:13 »

That's bad news. She says she's seen no plans but haven't they had open discussions about it?!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: