Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 87397 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 07:01:26 »

That’s the problem with shenanigans. They invariably come to light when it’s already way too late.

Gut instinct said Power was a wrong ‘un from the outset.
Good judgement. 

I was probably more swayed at the time by his "Not Jed" characteristic.

I shall probably be a sucker for the next owner (please God there is one soon) on his (or her) "Not Power" characteristic
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 07:03:56 »

The eternal problem. Just think of Bristol Rovers who, only a year or so ago, we’re jizzing over their owner being a mega rich Arab that will build a new ground and propel them past Shitty.

Reality inevitably bites the arse of football fans.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 07:12:34 »

Last season apart, Reality has certainly been a bitch recently. F knows where it's about to take us.  It's an interesting journey for sure.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 08:58:01 »

PaulD hot take: its the fans fault.
Not quite what I meant, but you're right my tone was way harsher than I meant it to be. Apologies to Nestor Lorenzo's Head. Nonetheless, I still think it would be helpful for fans to be more knowledgeable of how the football regulatory regime works and how little protection it actually offers clubs and fans. If they were, they might be more engaged in trying to change it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #754 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 09:11:33 »

The eternal problem. Just think of Bristol Rovers who, only a year or so ago, we’re jizzing over their owner being a mega rich Arab that will build a new ground and propel them past Shitty.

Reality inevitably bites the arse of football fans.
Ah the old "mega rich property developer" buys lower league football club says he will invest in the team and does anything but that, what could posisbly go wrong?

Oh wait that sounds like the potential deal with ABLE, hey maybe they really are just out to get the development rights after all....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 09:22:40 »

Judging by previous experience during my 32 years of following the club, I hope we get a fan owner.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 10:08:08 »

Judging by previous experience during my 32 years of following the club, I hope we get a fan owner.

Sir Seton Wills seemed to be a fan owner, for what's it worth, and look how that ended...

Also, there haven't exactly been many Lansdown-esque Town fans lining up to take the club to new heights through all the shit we've seen here the last 25 years, why would they pop up now? Tongue

Peter Venkman

« Reply #757 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 10:15:03 »

Sir Seton Wills seemed to be a fan owner, for what's it worth, and look how that ended...

Also, there haven't exactly been many Lansdown-esque Town fans lining up to take the club to new heights through all the shit we've seen here the last 25 years, why would they pop up now? Tongue
I think if there were any Town fans with enough money to buy the club then they would already have made themselves known.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 10:25:42 »

Is he still with us, must be getting on a bit, just googled and this popped up things really never change do they https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/headlines/953708.sir-seton-will-tell-all-to-fans/
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:23:48 »

I think if there were any Town fans with enough money to buy the club then they would already have made themselves known.
I think the odds of that happening are about 1 in 139,838,160 every Tuesday and Friday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #760 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:24:40 »

Is he still with us, must be getting on a bit, just googled and this popped up things really never change do they https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/headlines/953708.sir-seton-will-tell-all-to-fans/
Hes only 81 and still going strong.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:42:35 »

Hes only 81 and still going strong.

Bloody hell, I assumed he was that sort of age when all the shit was happening at the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 13:02:20 »

Bloody hell, I assumed he was that sort of age when all the shit was happening at the club.
I suspect owning Swindon Town may not be conducive to looking young and sprightly
Peter Venkman

« Reply #763 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 13:03:23 »

I suspect owning Swindon Town may not be conducive to looking young and sprightly
Supporting it takes its toll too.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 13:04:39 »

Supporting it takes its toll too.
Tell me about it, this is the selfie I took after the Wimbledon game

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: