Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 56399 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 10:16:04 »

Not tomorrow
Wrong Wink

this looks like one of those days where a hard fought 1-0 win is a good result. I would settle for that now and am optimistic we can get a narrow win.
Spot on!
Very quiet on here this morning. 1-0 to the Town. Doyle scoring to keep us top of the league

I would be more than happy with this result.
I was happy!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 10:48:27 »

Game of 3 thirds!

First 30 minutes we were very good - probably the best at the CG this season.

Last 30 minutes were very good for a different reason. Defended very well, no - or very little - ‘all piss and panic’, Broadbent and Rose inspired subs by Wellens, especially Broadbent. Pleased for him.

Middle 30 minutes Mansfield could and should have scored at least once. Got in behind us very easily - not the only team to do so either.

All in all a very good 3 points to have won. Now onto 6 and 7 wins on the spin!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 12:31:51 »

The debate re how essential keeping Doyle is for us is a microcosm of the wider question of are we good enough to still be in the autos come May.

We're stringing together wins in a division where other clubs have tended to flounder as soon as they start to look like potential champs. 

On the other hand we are winning each game by narrow margins which is a difficult trick to sustain for a whole season.

I'm going for the former.  It won't alter the outcome so why not think positive and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 12:42:55 »

It’s not as if Doyle leaves and that’s that. We’ll get a replacement - probably not a goal a game replacement.

I’ve just realised that EFL rules allow for a loan player to be made permanent at any time - not just in the Transfer Window.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 12:43:56 »

The debate re how essential keeping Doyle is for us is a microcosm of the wider question of are we good enough to still be in the autos come May.

We're stringing together wins in a division where other clubs have tended to flounder as soon as they start to look like potential champs. 

On the other hand we are winning each game by narrow margins which is a difficult trick to sustain for a whole season.

I'm going for the former.  It won't alter the outcome so why not think positive and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

I suppose the conundrum being, 1st with aplomb, 3rd by the skin of our teeth or happy with the play off roulette wheel? I have a hunch that the cheque book will suddenly open up in January. As I have mentioned once or twice, ok maybe more. Power needs to generate cash for the purchase of the club and investement to get the training facility over the line. To do that on field investement needs to happen. He will not make anything trying to sell a package of club and training ground while languishing in the second division. He has had as we have, five years of fannying about and making errors of judgement that put us where we are. He needs to step up to the plate now as the owner and as it stands he is in my humble opinion standing in front of an open goal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 12:46:04 »

I still don't think Doyle will keep this up all season. obviously. but he'll provide enough to keep us in it.

But I don't think replacing him is likely. we've waited seasons for a goalscorer. My flabber will be ghasted if we pick one up in January
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 13:05:56 »

Not sure FGR are that bothered given that they are effectively a village team punching massively over their weight.
We need to be very hostile at the game next month, with our form I’d imagine we’ll have many in the home ends as well so won’t be far off a 50/50 split. But after Cooper’s antics yesterday he deserves some real sustained abuse for once as he is one of the more idiots individuals around.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 13:13:18 »

We need to be very hostile at the game next month, with our form I’d imagine we’ll have many in the home ends as well so won’t be far off a 50/50 split. But after Cooper’s antics yesterday he deserves some real sustained abuse for once as he is one of the more idiots individuals around.

For those of us who don't follow what goes on at Forest Green very closely, what happened, please?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 13:21:25 »

For those of us who don't follow what goes on at Forest Green very closely, what happened, please?
Well his latest is yesterday calling the Orient manager “an imposter for Justin” referring to their late Justin Edinburgh to try and rile their manager up. Their manager threw his chewing gum at him in disgust and was sent off as a result. Since Vince the FGR owner has issued a whitewash statement purely blaming the Orient manager and complete denial.

The orient manager is Embleton who is obviously a good mate of Luke Williams both of whom we know Cooper didn’t get on with so this sounds borderline premeditated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 13:34:09 »

Thanks.  Cooper keeping it classy, I see.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 13:39:08 »

Thanks.  Cooper keeping it classy, I see.
Apparently in their last home game against Plymouth he shouted abuse at a disabled Plymouth fan that was forced to sit in the home area and celebrated their win. He’s giving the likes of Evans a run in terms of odious individuals.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 14:15:45 »

Apparently comedian and town fan Ivo Graham was being filmed at the game doing a piece for the EFL show on Swindon.

It wasn't on last night programme so should be in the near future.

Yes he was in the Arkells Stand with a film crew at the end of the game.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 14:25:12 »

Video clips look good

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/11868455/swindon-1-0-mansfield

ust be the oldest
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 17:35:41 »

maybe Robinson if Doyle is recalled
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 18:27:18 »

Good angle for Caddis effort.