Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35585 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:35:04 »

On the game I thought there was room for improvement, but we were the better team and probably deserved a one goal win.  If we can add one or two and people gel then we might be in for another fun season.  I could be wrong, but don't see us struggling.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:37:41 »

The players are all tweeting its a disgrace so they'll probably all get done by the FA now as part of a cover up...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:38:00 »

On the game I thought there was room for improvement, but we were the better team and probably deserved a one goal win.  If we can add one or two and people gel then we might be in for another fun season.  I could be wrong, but don't see us struggling.

Agree with this. We won't struggle. Should have enough in us for mid table.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:39:39 »

My understanding of it was whoever hand balled (Branco?) thought the referee had blown his whistle to stop the corner for the treatment of BOO? No excuse to handball but my first thought was the whistle was to stop play I assumed that's what he thought too...

On the game I thought we were way too slow in midfield, we NEVER run into space just always look to pass, Williams especially frustrated me tonight, yes he keeps possession, but he never looks for another outlet, it's always back to the defence and more slow build-up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:42:45 »

Brendan Malone is the fat fucker, and even his pictures online have him a few pounds lighter than he was tonight.
Sent Sakho off for Wolves last season for getting pushed:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/wolves-watford-sako-red-card
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:43:29 »

This compared to the Bradford game - in the second half v Bradford we were far better. But today we were far more consistent for 90 minutes.

I think that's an improvement!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:47:53 »

Malone used to ref me in the salisbury league a few years back...

Disappointed sat watching the box in Cornwall..... Thought we had the points in the bag...

Clems Army!
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:48:04 »

Unbelievably shit refereeing. How can you allow a corner whilst the defending team have an injured player lying on the pitch? We didn't particularly deserve to win but thought we had done enough to kill the game for 25 minutes to do so. Rarely seen a player lose his rag as much as Vale's number 6 managed to do about 3 times. Happy with Robert's performance tonight. Classy goal and some real stand out moments of skill and vision.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:48:30 »

This would suggest that the Ref is indeed a cunt:

Injured players
The referee must adhere to the following procedure when dealing with injured
players:
• play is allowed to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in the
opinion of the referee, only slightly injured
• play is stopped if, in the opinion of the referee, a player is seriously injured
• after questioning the injured player, the referee may authorise one, or at
most two doctors, to enter the field of play to assess the injury and arrange
the player’s safe and swift removal from the field of play
• stretcher-bearers should only enter the field of play with a stretcher
following a signal from the referee
• the referee must ensure an injured player is safely removed from the field of
play

Given play had stopped and BOO requested help he has a duty of care from that wording to ensure he allowed to be removed from the field for treatment.

The linesman was also flagging for play to be stopped, but the referee ignored him.  As he's clearly not adhered to any of the above, can the club put in a complaint to the FA? Not that it will give us 2 points back, but might stop the overweight twat from refereeing at this level for a while.

He was completely inept from the start.  Vale's no 9 should have been booked far earlier than he was, too many niggles weren't dealt with yet he stopped play for Vale play acting.  Disgraceful.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:57:36 »

Cooper suggests that the ref will be sent to Winchester until all of this has blown over.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 21:58:27 »

It was almost as if he was acting out of spite at the time, and I'd say the same as a Vale fan because he was equally easily wound-up by their players.  I can fully imagine them being full of rage had he not had the final minute that he did.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 22:00:57 »

Cooper suggests that the ref will be sent to Winchester until all of this has blown over.
I presume that's THE winchester? What else did he have to say?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 22:03:08 »

Well no, the quote was that he'd be reffing Winchester Town next week, but it amused me to change it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 22:05:53 »

He thought we did tremendously tonight and the young players are gelling well.  

He also said we have the lowest budget in League 1.  Is that really the case?

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 22:14:42 »

He thought we did tremendously tonight and the young players are gelling well. 

He also said we have the lowest budget in League 1.  Is that really the case?

It's possible we are down there - our revenue is limited as we sold off the catering and unlike a smaller club such as Fleetwood we don't have someone pumping in equity.  I'd imagine we've lowered our expected revenue as well this season with even more Northern teams and no games like Bristol City to increase the average gate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: