Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Tranmere Rovers FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21785 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:05:38 »

The atmosphere was pretty good.  Probably got something to do with half the crowd being sloshed!

Apart from the last 30 minutes, when the Tranmere fans sang 5-0 up and you still don't sing. I guess it was a combination of shock at the score and taking our foot off the gas.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:06:38 »

The signal of intent which indicates we are going to destroy everyone. Totally mental result Clap We won't be cannon fodder anymore, the dark days are over, this is our day in the sunshine. Take us on and we will rip you apart.

Can you hear us Oxford, you snivelling non-league scum? It's all gone yellow over there, the colour of sick, the throw-up envious cunts. We swagger, we cavort, we schmoozle, you twats, you just wallow in your sick muck. Tommorow is ours, today is ours, the future is red. The armeggeddon did happen yesterday, it struck an already near dead club called Oxford Utd.

We are going to make you ashamed.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:28:15 »

What a great night, started at 4.30pm with a beer or two on the train then straight into a few pubs in town. got into the ground just before we scored our 1st, only had to walk up Manchester road but it's a long way when your not walking in a straight line ! Glad I got to see the goals again this morning as it was a bit blurry last night  Pint a great way to start the busy Christmas fixture list.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:31:53 by Notts red » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:31:53 »

Apart from the last 30 minutes, when the Tranmere fans sang 5-0 up and you still don't sing. I guess it was a combination of shock at the score and taking our foot off the gas.

I didn't hear them singing that. The Town End was class last night. It's been a while since the atmosphere has been that good at the start and before a game. I do think a few people had been on the booze throughout the afternoon evening though which certainly helped.

Maybe this Friday night football isn't a bad idea at this time of year. Pretty decent crowd in terms of numbers last night as well. Well done board.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:37:22 »

Friday night and the gates aren't low!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:44:31 »

Maybe this Friday night football isn't a bad idea at this time of year. Pretty decent crowd in terms of numbers last night as well. Well done board.

Bit of luck really, because last night was ideal for football in December, whereas today's a bit grim. Scum game gone and they're supposed to have a state of the art pitch...shame the egg chasers have ruined it  Smiley

Sometimes things just work out....
adje

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:46:18 »

...well,amazing!My first game of the season which will be closely followed by my second at Orient.Every single player in the first half looked totally comfortable with the ball-Ritchie outstanding.Ferry was the orchestrater and we were less effective after his removal but the biggest change for me from last season is De Vita.Totally assured and confident his improvement is substantial and Ward looks irreplaceable now.Hope its not a case of big gameitis tho!Cheers Herthab,I owe you.Good to see Spacey and to meet JGIAA
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:48:28 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kerry red

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:46:46 »

Yep - Robots bottom of the Football League and hopefully Scum hurtling down to join them

Happy days!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:53:51 »

Cracking first half from Town. I haven't seen us play that well since the opening few week of the season. Truly brilliant at times. We won everything in midfield, we were clinical upfront and solid at the back. They really had no answer. We took our foot off the gas after we missed the penalty and rightly so given the tough Christmas schedule which is coming up. Could easily have been 7 or 8 tonight for us . Ferry going off saw us lose our attacking edge in midfield. Can't complain about any player in red tonight. Even Roberts looked half decent when he came on.
In a nutshell IOB. Now, if we can grab the next two weeks by the bollocks and squeeze, we could be unassailable, in form and confidence if not in points, come January.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 13:15:38 »

...well,amazing!My first game of the season which will be closely followed by my second at Orient.Every single player in the first half looked totally comfortable with the ball-Ritchie outstanding.Ferry was the orchestrater and we were less effective after his removal but the biggest change for me from last season is De Vita.Totally assured and confident his improvement is substantial and Ward looks irreplaceable now.Hope its not a case of big gameitis tho!Cheers Herthab,I owe you.Good to see Spacey and to meet JGIAA

You off to Colchester and crawley?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 13:45:35 »

Excellent night...

Loads of beer .....two pints for every goal!

Roll on orient.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 14:04:27 »

Just seen 2 Mallards and a Heron on Oxford's pitch.

Sorry just realised this is not the birds thread posted earlier in the week.
Phew then I realised it could be .........

Tinpot ..... even the rain can beat the Scum now.
Coca Fola

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 14:38:32 »

Remember there's a planned tube strike for the Orient game - Doesn't mean you can't do it, you just need to take that into account.
Going on a minibus for that one.  Smiley
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 16:20:03 »

Friday night and the gates aren't low!

Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right football, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king

PAOLO, PAOLO!!!!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 16:25:42 »

Just seen 2 Mallards and a Heron on Oxford's pitch.

Sorry just realised this is not the birds thread posted earlier in the week.
Phew then I realised it could be .........

Tinpot ..... even the rain can beat the Scum now.
ha ha, just waiting for the Lady of the Lake to emerge from the puddle in the centre circle and anoint Constable as the new Arthur Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: