Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Brentford Offical Matchday Thread  (Read 18985 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 09:55:05 »

I know we like to take Premiership players down a peg, but Nouble could end up doing it next week.

It should be nothing but support from now on.

There was a coach of Brentford taken away as the game kicked off. They didnt look like they were taking their early exit very well.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 10:05:15 »

From what I saw of it standing in the queue for the burger van, it was all handbags about nothng. About 10 Swindon "lads" ran up towards the coach full of Brentford as it arrived, then promptly legged it when the coach stopped.

Well taken goal from Billy for the first, but the cross field ball from JPM in the build up was superb.

Looking forward to Millwall next week now. Would be fucking ace if results go our way and we end up going up automatic.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 10:16:17 »

It would be decided on the 2 games Leeds & Millwall played.  Millwall would go up as they beat Leeds Home & Away

Just done a quick bit of digging.

First decider is Goal Difference. If they are matched then Goas Scored. if they are matched it then goes down to what happened in the games between the two teams.

I wonder WTF would happen if two teams finished on same points with identical goal difference, goals scored and matched each other when they played.......... All hypothetical I know but I'm a bit strange like that Insane
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 10:17:46 »

Just done a quick bit of digging.

First decider is Goal Difference. If they are matched then Goas Scored. if they are matched it then goes down to what happened in the games between the two teams.

I wonder WTF would happen if two teams finished on same points with identical goal difference, goals scored and matched each other when they played.......... All hypothetical I know but I'm a bit strange like that Insane

It always comes down to the toss of a coin doesn't it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 10:58:29 »

I pretty much agree with you Paul. But lets face it, hes just not up to it and there is no room in the team for him. As I said before, Darby, Ward and Sheehan are all young and have slotted in with quality no problems. Its the business end of the season now and we have no time for passengers. Definitely 4th choice...I dont particularly rate pericard but he is a big strong lump who you can stick in the middle to mix things up.
At the risk of turning the whole thing into an agreeing with each other love-in, yes. I can't work out what it is with Nouble whether:

a) He's just a bit shit
b) He's struggling to adapt his game to League One from Prem reserves/fringes of 1st team
c) He's a bit contemptuous of even being down here at all and so can't be arsed

I'm inclined to think it's b as West Ham and Chelsea must have seen something about him and he's not seemed to have had that Hutchinson style "I'm too big for this League" about him. But tbh it doesn't matter much which it is as at the moment, some flashes aside, he's not producing.

For all those reasons, I'd be pretty disappointed/worried if he started next week at Millwall. But if he does, I'll be cheering him on like a loon along with the rest of the team.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:01:47 »

He won't start at Millwall!! Not with the position we're in now.

It has got to the point with Nouble where I doubt he will ever score a goal in a town shirt.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:05:37 »

It has got to the point with Nouble where I doubt he will ever score a goal in a town shirt.

The same could be said for Pericard
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:09:32 »

Yeah. It's great we have two great strikers on form, cos behind them the other strikers are shit.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:13:28 »

He needs quality passes over the top of defenders he can run onto,thats his game....we dont play like that,we play mainly a short passing game and his first touch is lacking..you get less time on the ball in the lower divisions.....Austins first two touches yesterday were brilliant and shows the difference confidence adds to your game....was nice to see Paynter offer Nouble praise after his goal because his headed goal came from his top draw cross.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:15:38 »

I didnt hear (m)any people getting on Nouble back, infact I thought the atmosphere was rather positive for a change.

I did like his chest control that went about 10ft away from him though.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:18:45 »

Pericard will come good, he has yet to play for us fully fit.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:23:15 »

ward's control on his chest to set up the first goal was class
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:27:42 »

ward's control on his chest to set up the first goal was class

A really good pass to him too.  All round a cracking goal.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:33:35 »

The finish by Paynter was brilliant,on his weaker foot as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 11:44:00 »

I didnt hear (m)any people getting on Nouble back, infact I thought the atmosphere was rather positive for a change.
So did I, which is why I said so. Apart from the vocal minority who were getting on Nouble's back. I heard it, mate who sits next to me was going bloody mad about it and delta did too so I wasn't hallucinating! That said, IIRC from previous posts I think delta sits either in my block or block next to me so maybe it was limited to just the centre area of the DRS.

I did like his chest control that went about 10ft away from him though.
Smiley The perils of playing football with spring-mounted nipples
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: