Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Bristol Rovers Matchday Thread.  (Read 14948 times)
dell boy

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 19:21:00 »

oh and i reckon kuffour could play off paynter next season.their best player today
Annoying little bugger, he gave Greer and Ifil a torrid time today.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 20:25:08 »

Not a great game .... numerous examples of the lack of class & respect from our chav scum neighbours 1) their reserve players continuing to play around the band in the warmup 2) we clapped byron anthony off with his injury - none of them showed the same respect for kanukya.
Good to see the burberry brand is alive & well amongst their teenage inbred mob on the stratton bank

ewsham Robin
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 08:24:11 »

Annoying little bugger, he gave Greer and Ifil a torrid time today.

I though they dealwith him well !
Rich Pullen

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 09:30:30 »

Kuffour has well over 280 appearances in the bottom 2 tiers with Torquay, Brentford and Bournemouth (including his 11 with us under Roy Evans (?)) but everytime I've seen him he's been nothing more than decent at best. He worked quite well with Leon Constantine and Ade Akinfenwa when we couldn't beat them in 2004/05 though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:13:30 »

I feel better already. Relieved. This season has been a strain. When I look back I think of Cheltenham away (players strutting around on the pitch after a defeat to a team that were clearly the worst in the league). And I'll think of Histon because that proved that we were a shit cup team as well as a shit league team.

Weve had major problems with the motivation of our players. Some of Sturrocks old guard showed us who they were really playing for last season. Fans also very unmotivated and quiet.

Yesterday was a typical example. Just not as good as it should have been. Play was sloppy, sometimes a bit lazy. South stand was very quiet. No roar behind the team at all.

Well done Coxy, possibly the league's best player?

Looking forward to a more normal season next season? Season ticket sales will fall. Some of the people who got them just because they were cheap wont be there. Too many fans in the south stand who would rather have been somewhere else. If they dont play well next season then the fans wont come, simple as that. Keeps the pressure on players who didnt look to have a care in the world at times this season. Ive got every faith that Wilson can sort the club out. Greer would be a great start. Wilson will do what he thinks is best, not a puppet of the board like Malpas was.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:16:14 »

south stand is loud down our end closest to the town end
Spencer_White

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:28:59 »

True.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:30:12 »

south stand is loud down our end closest to the town end

Agree with that I thought we sang quite a lot down that side yesterday.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:30:37 »

You can definitely hear pockets of fans in the South Stand, just that the rest of the people won't join in Sad
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 12:05:09 »

I was in the Arkells..abit of singing..could hear both ends of the DRS singing at different times and of course the Town End.....of course when your away all these pockets have to sit together hence the better atmosphere.....must say though was nice to see a near full DRS it looks good sitting opposite in the Arkells....though i did wince abit when the Town End started singing Let him Die, Let him Die to the Rovers player after the early collision........as i was sat close to the soldiers who were helping the Heroes activities!....good atmosphere yesterday though and i for one would love to see it like that every week and of course in the Championship it would be.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 14:44:56 »

Some people have said it was a crap game yesterday, but I think the lads did what was needed. It was a game we had to win in any way possible, and we went out there battling for the ball, finally looking like our survival depended on it. The football wasn't top quality but we created more than Rovers.

Smithy had a great game in goal, and you have to give credit to the defence too. They made mistakes, but Kuffour looked dangerous all afternoon and Lambert has a great goalscoring record, yet neither was given chances without having to work hard for them. Ifil had a very dodgy start but defended very well in my opinion, and that last ditch tackle in the second half was very important.

As for the midfield, the lads in the middle battled well. McNamee was so-so, getting at defenders at times but fristrating us all at others, whilst HRK looked quite disinterested, and at times a bit lazy. Thinking back to the incident where he didn't go and get the ball back against Orient, you have to question how much he cared about winning games. JPM came on and looked lively, no complaints there.

Cox had a decent game, even if he did spend too much time on the floor. He was in the right place for both goals and you can't really argue with a brace. Paynter was on top form, getting at the defence from the off. He deserves a lot more credit than some give him, and was my MOTM yesterday.

Posh away should be a cracking day out. I'm also really glad I don't have to worry about an unlikely Swindon win gifting Franchise 2nd spot!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 16:38:40 »

What a bitch you turned out to be, no bloody coffee at half time as promised. I will be at Peterboro, it's your round!!

I forgot all about that!

Mind you, considering I haven't got a clue what you look like, it was a tad difficult to pick your face out in the crowd! Cheesy

I'm probably not a boro, so it will have to transfer to next season.  I am getting my ST this week so I'll be in the same place next season.

Next time wear a hat with Dell Boy written on it! Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 17:10:24 »

Not a great game .... numerous examples of the lack of class & respect from our chav scum neighbours 1) their reserve players continuing to play around the band in the warmup 2) we clapped byron anthony off with his injury - none of them showed the same respect for kanukya.
Good to see the burberry brand is alive & well amongst their teenage inbred mob on the stratton bank

In fairness, none of them sang "let him die" when Kanyuka came off, and they did give the kids at half time (and the band) a good reception.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
dell boy

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 19:14:38 »

I forgot all about that!

Mind you, considering I haven't got a clue what you look like, it was a tad difficult to pick your face out in the crowd! Cheesy

I'm probably not a boro, so it will have to transfer to next season.  I am getting my ST this week so I'll be in the same place next season.

Next time wear a hat with Dell Boy written on it! Wink

Row M on the centre line is not hard to find!!!
Have a great summer Berni - I will also be in the same seat next season.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 07:33:12 »

Just watched the highlights of the Rovers game on STFC World this morning, and on reflection, did Billy Paynter actually foul the goalie for Cox's first goal?

He does seem to go in with his arm raised and 'look' for the keeper...

I dont really give a fuck whether he did or not, Phillips deserved his pain for being a total wanker plus I think its rather pleasing that it couldve been a foul and we got away with it.

Anyone else got a view?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: