Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Barnet Matchday Thread  (Read 16850 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:58:02 »

I used to go to college with a guy called Pete who followed Barnet home and away every week while in teh lower parts of the conference.  Need to look him up as he was a fan I respected.  Barnet have done it the right way, lot of respect for that club

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:49:15 »

There were a fair few Barnet fans on my train heading back after the game, one of whom wouldn't stop going on about how Barnet had been robbed.

I've nothing really to add to what has already been said, other than to say that today has reminded me why I never want to see us in Division 4 ever again.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 22:51:54 »

Quote from: "SY"
i thought we played well but lacked the killer touch.in fact i think we'd have won by two or three goals if we had cox and corr up front. the build up was good but we couldn't finish

Hmm, true of the first 30 mins or so where we did some lovely build-up play (had some really neat triangles and pass-and-go stuff going on to the extent that Ken and I discussed complaining to the League about football being played at this level) but then as all the neat build-ups faded into nothing the spark seemed to go out a bit. We should have been comfortably 2 up by the break, but we weren't and shoulds don't win games. If we'd held on to the 1-goal lead, I'd have happily put it down to a bad day at the office/tiredness from Tuesday; as it was we never looked comfortable about holding on and once they equalised I was a lot more worried about losing than I was in any way confident we could get a late winner. Meh. The consolation I'd take is that the players do seem to have their pride back, they know that wasn't good enough and hopefully will know they have a point to prove for the replay, irrespective of who we draw. I know the comparisons have been drawn with Notts County a couple of seasons back but this is a very different team with a different morale
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 00:01:09 »

Nice to see the goals on MOTD today.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 00:02:16 »

literally just the goals though, i wanted to see teddy's run again. Sad
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 00:05:47 »

hell of a run, forgot that, 'Blair Sturrock is an extremely important player for swindon' or something like that  Cheesy

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 00:06:41 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
'Blair Sturrock is an extremely impotant player for swindon' or something like that  Cheesy

couldn't agree more.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 00:20:24 »

they missed out the word reserves from that sentence
deltaincline

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 01:28:53 »

Fitton needs to sort the fucking takeover out once and for all. We can't fanny around much longer with the basics of a decent side that so obviously lacks a cutting edge.
mattboyslim

« Reply #219 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 08:55:40 »

Only good to come out of the replay, which is thus far unmentioned is that big Bazza only now misses one league game for us and two cup.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 15:16:09 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Only good to come out of the replay, which is thus far unmentioned is that big Bazza only now misses one league game for us and two cup.

That's the only good thing to come out of yesterday, so Corr will be back for the Forest match.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
lebowski

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 16:15:12 »

phew, i'm now glad again that we clapped corr off for his red card.
red macca

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 16:29:19 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Fitton needs to sort the fucking takeover out once and for all. We can't fanny around much longer with the basics of a decent side that so obviously lacks a cutting edge.
what part of january the 11th dont you understand
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 17:22:26 »

As I said to Ardiles yesterday at the game (good to meet you btw), it's a waiting game and I'm sure Fitton will concede to HMRC at the last minute if he has to.

He wants this to be a long term project, so rushing about is never going to happen. In fact it sounds like the work in finding a new manager has been done in the interim.

If it all goes tits up then we should get angry, but not at Diamandis et al, but in fact Fitton for fucking around. Not that it has happened and not that I will expect it to.
deltaincline

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 23:51:31 »

what part of january the 11th dont you understand

How about only 20 days being left open for us to sign new players after the 11th Jan?

I don't expect Fitton to go throwing cash around on paying off our old debts, but I think the begging-bowl mentality needs to be fucking ditched. Even if he's doing deals like this in the background, I don't want to hear about it. Thats all we've had to listen to from Diamond mike and the cunting Wills family. I thought all that shit was supposed to be behind us!

Fitton probably could just wipe out all the debts with a couple of hefty cheques. I understand why it doesn't make commercial sense for him to do that, but I don't want to contemplate a future of more financial engineering and rearrangement of our perenial fucking debts.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: