Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rovers  (Read 17496 times)
Spud

« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 16:04:54 »

1-0

STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 16:22:41 »

A win tomorrow may mean they hang around for longer- especially if they see pound signs from a third round tie

just a thought
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 16:24:58 »

Quote from: "Spud"
1-0

Only 2K odd Swindon fans?!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 16:25:10 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
A win tomorrow may mean they hang around for longer- especially if they see pound signs from a third round tie

just a thought

That's the way Bart. Every Cloud..........................................

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 16:33:23 »

I wonder if Fitton will be at the game tomorrow?

I dont think its by any means certain he will be, but possibly under the circumstances he will be there.

Just curious really.

Still in talks at this moment according to the radio so if talks break down overnight I very much doubt he will be there and I dont think there will be any statement from the club if it has broken down.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 17:31:24 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Quote from: "Spud"
1-0

Only 2K odd Swindon fans?!

Ooops! didn't realise FG were bringing that many.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 17:32:46 »

Do Forest Green even have 1000 fans? I thought they all supported us?  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 17:54:16 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Do Forest Green even have 1000 fans? I thought they all supported us?  Cheesy

Its interesting to read on their website, how many have been Town fans at one time but have lapsed and taken up supporting FGR.  I've always assumed we must have lost some historic support from areas like Stroud Stonehouse to other clubs.
Stroudred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 19:09:33 »

You can change your wife but you can't change your football team , or so they say. My late father & my uncle followed Town but after having season tickets for years they got moved when we played Sunderland one year so ST could sell more away tickets !!! that was it they started watching FGR. Definetly got a few ex-town fans up there but still plenty round here supporting the Town. Been listening to local radio today and the've been plugging the game by asking FGR fans to phone in, first calls were from Town Fans !!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 19:15:31 »

Quote from: "Stroudred"
You can change your wife but you can't change your football team , or so they say. My late father & my uncle followed Town but after having season tickets for years they got moved when we played Sunderland one year so ST could sell more away tickets !!! that was it they started watching FGR. Definetly got a few ex-town fans up there but still plenty round here supporting the Town. Been listening to local radio today and the've been plugging the game by asking FGR fans to phone in, first calls were from Town Fans !!!

I've had a lot of connections with Stroud down the years.....used to drink in the Vic...I always liked it when on a football special to play some norvern monkeys and the train would stop at Stroud and hoards would board, then Stonehouse for a few more  Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 21:45:38 »

I predict a crowd of around 7,000

Swindon to win but probably make it as difficult as possible

FGR fans to be total happy clappers and not know any of their own songs

Oh and rain. Lots of rain.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 21:53:05 »

It may be windy, which gives me Stevenage flashbacks.

2-1 to us
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 21:54:24 »

Well lose 1 or 2 nil

/
W56196272
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 03:46:12 »

Tom finally decides to take a vacation. He books himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeds to have the time of his life - until the boat sank.

He found himself swept up on the shore of an island with no other people, no supplies... Nothing. Only bananas and coconuts.

After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to him. In
disbelief, he asks her, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"

"I rowed over from the other side of the island," she says. "I landed here when my cruise ship sank."

"Amazing," he says. "You were really lucky to have a rowboat wash up with you."

"Oh, this?" replies the woman. "I made the rowboat out of raw material found on the island. I whittled the oars from gum tree
branches; I wove the bottom from palm branches; and the sides and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree."

"But ... but ... that's impossible," stutters Tom. "You had no tools or hardware. How did you manage?"

"Oh, no problem," replies the woman. "On the South side of the island, there is a very unusual strata of alluvial rock exposed. I
found if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into forgeable ductile iron. I used that for tools and used the
tools to make the hardware." Tom is stunned.

"Let's row over to my place," she says.

After a few minutes of rowing, she docks the boat at a small wharf.

As Tom looks onto shore, he nearly falls out of the boat. Before him is a stone walk leading to an exquisite bungalow painted in
blue and white. While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, he can only stare ahead, dumbstruck.

As they walk into the house, she says casually, "It's not much, but I call it home. Sit down, please. Would you like to have a drink?"

"No, no thank you," he says, still dazed. "Can't take any more coconut juice."

"It's not coconut juice," the woman replies. "I built a still. How about a Pina Colada?"

Trying to hide his continued amazement, he accepts, and they sit down on her hand-woven couch to talk. After they have exchanged
their stories, the woman announces, "I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and
shave? There is a razor upstairs in the cabinet in the bathroom."

No longer questioning anything, Tom goes into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet, is a razor made from a bone handle. Two shells honed
to a hollow-ground edge are fastened on to its end inside of a swivel mechanism. "WOW! This woman is amazing," he muses, "what next?"

When he returns, she greets him wearing 'nothing but vines' strategically positioned, and smelling faintly of gardenias. She
beckons for him to sit down next to her.

"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, "We've been out here for a really long time. I know you've been lonely.
There's something I'm sure you really feel like doing right now, something you've been longing for all these months. You know..."

She stares into his eyes. He can't believe what he's hearing!

"You mean ...", he swallows excitedly, "We can hear the second round FA cup tie on Radio Swindon?"
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 04:13:41 »

it was worth the wait.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: