Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39726 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #165 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:06:20 »

Sorry i should have made it clear that I meant to protest about how the club is being run with regards to the football side and the fact Williams has not been replaced. I.e protest to get Williams out. Power as a owner I don't have a huge issue with. Yes i disagree with his policy eapecially when he then doesn't allow our own youngsters a chance but you only need to look at Orient to know we could be a lot worse. My only criticism this season is not dealing with the Williams situation in January as it is clear to everyone that we wouldn't be in this situation now if he did.

Part of me wonders if Williams has told Power that he will leave at the end of the season if he can't keep us up as otherwise I don't know why there is just silence from Power

If Williams wasn't manager we'd still be shit, less shit, but still shit. The majority of players are fucking crap, physically and mentally. With very few exceptions they could not give a shit. If these cunts were in the trenches wed have lost 2 world wars
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:10:32 »

Rightly or wrongly, I see it similar to brexit. I don't know what the future holds as a result of getting rid, but I'd sooner see the back of the cunt. How does anyone know if/when he states his intentions to sell up that there wouldn't be someone 'reasonable' to want to get involved? Have you looked around at the average age of most of our fans? What is noticeable to me is that supporting STFC is a dying trend. If people are interested in the future of our club then it goes beyond us. We need to get kids excited and enthusiastic again by going to football and that ain't happening anytime soon with what is currently being served up under this regime.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:10:51 »

It is very difficult to see how Power will be able to make the necessary changes required to maintain our league status next season.

We know, he plans to run the club sustainably, but with anecdotal evidence of large numbers of season ticket holders not bothering next year, the budget just won't be there, to make the necessary recruitments of management and playing staff.

This will probably mean Luke and Embers being retained, with numbers of out of contract players, getting reduced offers as no-one else will be interested. Hence we'll be looking at another side unsuited for the league it is playing in. The only good thing is that only 2 drop from Div 4. If only 2 dropped from Div 3 we'd be in it next season.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:16:05 »

If Williams wasn't manager we'd still be shit, less shit, but still shit. The majority of players are fucking crap, physically and mentally. With very few exceptions they could not give a shit. If these cunts were in the trenches wed have lost 2 world wars

I can't help but look at Oldhams and Shrewsburys squad and as bad as you think ours are, its better than theres
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:22:26 »

Those clubs probably realised they needed to win games to get out of trouble not just go on hoping every other team helps them out.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #170 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:36:17 »

I can't help but look at Oldhams and Shrewsburys squad and as bad as you think ours are, its better than theres
Disagree. Ours is total shit. Vigs mom in nearly every match until Ince came along. I'd take their squads any day of the week. They've both got one thing we haven't - fight and they will probably both stay up.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 21:25:54 »

I blame Donkey.

Sorry.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 22:27:57 »

Disagree. Ours is total shit. Vigs mom in nearly every match until Ince came along. I'd take their squads any day of the week. They've both got one thing we haven't - fight and they will probably both stay up.

This. So many players not cut out for League 2 in our squad, let alone League 1.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 07:28:23 »

No. Without a plan we could end up with Power mark2 in charge, or worse. (Jed mark2). Even worse than those scenarios we could end up with no interested buyers, which would mean administration and folding. I'm less than happy with how this season has gone and would love to see the back of William, Embleton and Sherwood (whatever the fuck he does). I'd also like Power to change his recruitment policy. And if someone appeared, with the funds and desire to buy the club and see it progress, I'd happily join in to urge Power to sell up and fuck off. But the truth, at the moment, is there isn't anyone. As much as people dislike Power, don't be mistaken into thinking he's the worst option...
This is exactly how I feel about the situation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 08:07:17 »

So, you would rather Power stay, knowing all the things that have got us in this position will continue, leading us to God knows where instead of taking a chance on the club finding a more sympathetic owner?

That's why so many fans are turning their backs on the club - they can't stomach 'more of the same'.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 08:19:32 »

So, you would rather Power stay, knowing all the things that have got us in this position will continue, leading us to God knows where instead of taking a chance on the club finding a more sympathetic owner?

That's why so many fans are turning their backs on the club - they can't stomach 'more of the same'.
Did you not actually read what Herthab said? or have you just read over it and decided he said he wants Power to stay?

Panda Paws

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:01:05 »

I'd happily see the back of Power if there's a feasible, trusted and moneyed alternative. Until that happens, I see no reason in trying to "smoke him out" because it could be a whole lot worse, and the alternatives are terrifying. Jed mk2, BEST holdings... be careful what you wish for.

We're going down. It happens (about once every 5 years, like clockwork). This summer is huge though, and will be a big indicator of what Power wants this club to be.

If we have the budget we had this year, we'll be top 7 financially, and should compete if we recruit well. I appreciate that's a fucking humongous "if".
Peter Venkman

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:11:42 »

I'd happily see the back of Power if there's a feasible, trusted and moneyed alternative. Until that happens, I see no reason in trying to "smoke him out" because it could be a whole lot worse, and the alternatives are terrifying. Jed mk2, BEST holdings... be careful what you wish for.
Exactly.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:18:07 »

We're going down. It happens (about once every 5 years, like clockwork). This summer is huge though, and will be a big indicator of what Power wants this club to be.

If we have the budget we had this year, we'll be top 7 financially, and should compete if we recruit well. I appreciate that's a fucking humongous "if".

It is just about possible to see this one as a "footballing" relegation.. which as you say can happen in the scheme of things.

What it is has done though is to destroy Power's main selling line, namely as an ex pro he's got an insight into the game, lacking in other owners.

As such it may be he feels he's rinsed the model for as much as he can. 

My own feeling was earlier in the season that he should sell up..... now though I've changed my mind. The club is in such a parlous state, that we need some stability.

Hopefully our slide might bottom out, somewhere around 17th/18th in Div 4....even Blackpool, have managed to creep into the PO zone
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:39:15 »

Point is there appear to be plummeting season ticket sales, so forget any league two top 7 budget

Not sure who might be responsible for that?

Oh, us of course Doh

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: