Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: An opposing view - Barnet  (Read 14358 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 07:55:49 »

also - impressed by their fans - i wasn't expecting more than a token effort but they seemed to turn out in reasonable numbers and got behind their team well.

They were also largely complimentary about us on their web forums too. I feel a bit sorry for them, not enough not to want to go to Wembley, but we are fortunate in that we do have the resources to yoyo around the bottom leagues with Championship football not an unrealistic goal in the medium term. Poor old Barnet won't get the same opportunities to get success. Then I remembered their manager was Lawrie Sanchez, and all sympathy vanished.

Obviously we'll be wanting those 3 point on Saturday too !
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 08:01:35 »

Was with you all the way there! Its hard to forget whats gone before!!!!
Even if you are Real Madrid or AC Milan let alone Swindon, one goal is never enough though. It doesn't matter how good you are or how much better you are than the other team or how poor they might be. The opposition can always sneak one out of nowhere through a momentary lapse of concentration, bizarre refereeing decision or total flook.

It was an extremely comfortable victory in hindsight but at the time all of those above factors are on your mind which did make things pretty nervous towards the end.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 08:09:11 »

It was an extremely comfortable victory in hindsight but at the time all of those above factors are on your mind which did make things pretty nervous towards the end.

I refused to sing "Wembley...Wembley" until the final whistle. Was convinced we had 5000 or so jinxes. But thankfully Barnet didn't seem to have self belief and we didn't let them bother our goal.
BeeArmy

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 09:01:48 »

Crying

Well done guys. I'd usually be bitter about a defeat but I have no complaints about the game. You were easily the better team on the night and you quite clearly deserved to go through. We hardly turned up and it wasn't helped when Charlie f*cking Taylor makes a challenge like the one he made.

good luck at Wembley....

Bye
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 09:09:46 »

Crying

Well done guys. I'd usually be bitter about a defeat but I have no complaints about the game. You were easily the better team on the night and you quite clearly deserved to go through. We hardly turned up and it wasn't helped when Charlie f*cking Taylor makes a challenge like the one he made.

good luck at Wembley....

Bye

Cheers BeeArmy, see you Saturday for the 3352512526262nd time this season  Wink

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 09:09:52 »

Bee Army, just like to say well done to the Barney fans. It looked like there were about 600 or 700  there last night which is about 40% or thereabouts of your normal home support. Not bad for a freezing tues night, 110 miles or so away.
I am personally glad you never really turned up, didnt make a good specatacle from what I hear from the guys who wathed on tele, but I was happy, was nervous enough as it was...
anyway, good luck for rest of season, stride on now and push the pox out of that last play off place...apart from sat obviously..
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:07:16 »

Crying

good luck at Wembley....

Bye

Clap Clap

Tidy little outfit are Barnet,though didn't think the goalie was Brill Wink

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:08:10 »

Their goalkeeper is a waste of a shirt, and Kamdjo is the worst professional footballer I have seen in my entire life

Things get better but they never get good
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:11:05 »

Bee Army, just like to say well done to the Barney fans. It looked like there were about 600 or 700  there last night which is about 40% or thereabouts of your normal home support. Not bad for a freezing tues night, 110 miles or so away.
I am personally glad you never really turned up, didnt make a good specatacle from what I hear from the guys who wathed on tele, but I was happy, was nervous enough as it was...
anyway, good luck for rest of season, stride on now and push the pox out of that last play off place...apart from sat obviously..

[url width=286 height=500]http://images.wikia.com/lyricwiki/images/5/50/Barney-the-dinosaur.jpg[/url]

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:17:00 »

Kamdjo is the worst professional footballer I have seen in my entire life

Kamdjo is comfortably comparable to Ricky Shakes in his ineptitude with a football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 08:27:16 »

Kamdjo is comfortably comparable to Ricky Shakes in his ineptitude with a football.

I have spent most of our previous two games with Barnet laughing at this performances at right back.

I laughed pretty loud when I saw him in at centre mid on Tuesday.
barnetboy1986

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 11:38:12 »

Saturdays game is now called off.

No complaints about tuesday night, the movement of your front 3 was different level and we couldn't cope. Good luck in the final, enjoyable evening nevertheless. We looked solid, but offered nothing in the final 3rd, with izale always isolated. Kamajo has been pretty decent this season believe it or not! Few more bees turned up than expected (good considering it was freezing cold and on sky!!) and your away bar is class (was tempted to sod the game off and carry on the banter with the bar maid).

good luck for the rest of the season (apart from at Underhill ofcourse!)

ps Di-canio is an annoying pr*ick! but you just can't help liking him!!!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 11:46:25 »

He'd probably be less annoying if you spent less time watching him...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
barnetboy1986

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 11:56:11 »

He'd probably be less annoying if you spent less time watching him...

you sir, are an absolute genius  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: