Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Window Licking  (Read 5359 times)
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 23:54:07 »

Wow, you really are a fucking moron.
Paedophile.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 23:55:47 »

Ok then, I find it amusing that someone is so affronted by a fascist managing our club they won't attend games, will choose to use language that has been widely used to take the piss out of disabled children
Not the way I understood the phrase, I've only heard it as a general term for "thick bastard" tbh. If it does have it's origins in taking the piss out of the disabled then I wish I hadn't used it, but it certainly wasn't what I meant.
red socks

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 23:58:23 »

Not the way I understood the phrase, I've only heard it as a general term for "thick bastard" tbh. If it does have it's origins in taking the piss out of the disabled then I wish I hadn't used it, but it certainly wasn't what I meant.

That's  fair enough then, and I was surprised and angered when I saw you use the term some time ago. I should have raised it then. Matter closed I think.
red socks

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 23:59:33 »

Paedophile.
Good spelling. Got anymore cunt chops?
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 00:00:57 »

It's the correct spelling..
red socks

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 00:03:17 »

It's the correct spelling..
Yeah, it was, well done,  have a gold star and fuck off to bed.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 07:18:43 »

Who let this fucking window licker in then?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 08:10:05 »

What an thisis ''i'm telling mum'' stitched up thread. Move on Red socks, stopped trolling.

embarrassing.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:16:15 »

I'm with you Paul, I have never linked Window lickers with the disabled and the fact that Red Socks has taken offence to it says more about him more than anything else.  For me Windows Lickers equated to unique people who need to get out more like the stereotypical train spotter wearing his kagool.  In fact I don't see how you have managed to equate Window Lickers to the disabled.

Just my opinion of course.  Maybe it's a generation thing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:24:31 »

Do people really not think that the term window licker is a derogatary term for a disabled person?

For me, window licker is less insulting than 'spastic', but still pretty horrible.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:27:16 »

I always though it was for somebody that's a bit thick, like red socks.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:27:47 »

Bit of digging suggests it's the third most offensive term for a disabled person.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/aug/27/george-galloway-criticised-window-licker-tweet

In 2003, the term was voted third most offensive that could be used relating to disability in a poll run for the BBC's Ouch! disability talk show.

But the bigger reason not to use it is George Galloway thinks it's funny.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:30:49 »

I always though it was for somebody that's a bit thick, like red socks.

Smiley

Personally I think its offensive, but i wouldn't have gone into such a big song and dance about it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:33:31 »

Nope, maybe I am naive on this one.  Mind you I don't use the term, wouldn't contemplate making a joke out of a disabled person or hang out with people that would so perhaps understandable.

Like I said maybe it's a generation thing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:35:04 »

Nope, maybe I am naive on this one.  Mind you I don't use the term, wouldn't contemplate making a joke out of a disabled person or hang out with people that would so perhaps understandable.

Like I said maybe it's a generation thing.

In other words, you are an old bastard! Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: