Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96924 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:32:20 »

Doing very well mate has a few things lined up been doing a bit of work at spurs i believe.

I will probably get shouted down yet again, but isnt Bodin doing a great job identifying talent and bringing them through ? NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, apart from Luci's boyfriend Billy, buts that just pure nepotism
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:35:36 »

A bit early to say that Fred, he's been here two years. Youth Team people have a bit of a time lag before you can judge their success or otherwise, and he'll only have been in charge of recruitment since Byrne left, before that his job would have been coaching rather than talent identification- in fact, I'm not even sure that's his job now.
santasdead

« Reply #452 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:35:38 »

I will probably get shouted down yet again, but isnt Bodin doing a great job identifying talent and bringing them through ? NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from his son. He should have more sons.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #453 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:37:04 »

Probably being biased mate but yes i agree.
Spencer_White

« Reply #454 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:40:04 »

The thing Byrne did well was that he was looking at other teams youth systems, and not just our own. He was on the pulse when a promising player was released from another club's youth system.

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:41:37 »

didn't the players byrne bring in come from plymouth?
i think he got lucky to a point.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:43:21 »

A bit early to say that Fred, he's been here two years. Youth Team people have a bit of a time lag before you can judge their success or otherwise, and he'll only have been in charge of recruitment since Byrne left, before that his job would have been coaching rather than talent identification- in fact, I'm not even sure that's his job now.

great succession planning then ?
Spencer_White

« Reply #457 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:45:16 »

didn't the players byrne bring in come from plymouth?
i think he got lucky to a point.

Yeah, but I remmember him saying Nile Ranger was a good player when he was released from Southampton.

Even if he is a scumbag.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:45:48 »

I dont see why it matters.

Any decent young player will be long gone from Swindon way before he plays and long before he's old enough to sign a professional contract so we will get bugger all 'tribunal' money anyway.

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:57:27 »

I don't think people have forgot how close we were to going bust but i also think they don't forget when they are told about 3 year plans and that we don't have to sell. I been trying to put my finger on what is going wrong for some time and think i know the problem.

We have no genuine real prospects coming through that we can pin our hopes on apart from Miles Storie so we are buying fringe players like Caddis Ferry Cuthbert and Ritchie in the hope that they perform and we can make a few quid but as soon as they perform they are off and we replace them with simalar players who won't just fit in.

I see someone say earlier that this season is a rebuilding process but i am afraid with this buy young and sell for profit policy we are just going to have a rebuilding process every fucking season.

If people are pissed off with Morrison leaving best of luck with when Cuthbert fucks off next

I see what your saying but every club is a selling club if the offer is sufficient and the player wants to go. Obviously the lower down the leagues you go the more often its likely to happen.

But I see your point entirely, every season with this type of policy you will have to expect the big players to leave and as we know its not always easy to replace them, and if and when we do replace them and the player is successful then its only a matter of time until we sell the player on again. What you will have to expect is seasons like these when the successful players who have left haven't been replaced and your in a period of transition. Fans aren't patient.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:58:39 »

Or what you could expect is the manager to do his job and replace the players who leave.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 23:02:07 »

Or what you could expect is the manager to do his job and replace the players who leave.

Its not always possible though is it.
Reeeeeves

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 23:16:20 »

Personally I'd rather we took our time and brought in quality rather than go back to the days of signing people for the sake of it.

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 23:25:47 »

Personally I'd rather we took our time and brought in quality rather than go back to the days of signing people for the sake of it.

what like dossevi,pericard,obrien,caddis,prutton,etc,etc?Huh??
Reeeeeves

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 23:30:34 »

Cuthbert, Ferry, Sheehan, Caddis, Douglas and Ritchie would be good signings imo that would fit into the quality category, it's impossible to always get signings right but the club's policy means we should get it right more than we get it wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: