Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96915 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:18:42 »

I do not see Charlie going during this transfer window:

1. He's under contract for another 18 months and we don't have to sell our biggest asset to pay the tax man as we have had to do so often in years gone by.

2. Andrew Fitton, as far as I can tell, is not an idiot. Why flush the season down the toilet now when we can get just as much, if not more money for him in the summer?

You hear people saying, "Oooh, it's inevitable Charlie's going to go during the Window" and so on and it's just fucking bollocks. I can't see it happening.

That is all.

Oh yeah, just one more thing. I have a feeling (no sauces involved) that we're going to get Danny Ward in on loan for the rest of the season to play up front with Charlie. Write it down Wink

Totally agree. I've been saying this for while. We should remember that we don't have a bunch of twats running the club now. The people in charge now have made real money themselves & as such know how to maximise their assets. It would be madness to sell him now when it makes more sense to keep him at least until the summer. It's not like his contract will run out then as with Paynter, & the likelyhood is CA will extend it. He should continue banging in the goals benefiting the club AND increasing his value. The only thing that would upset this senario is an offer NOW that is too good to ignore, & I would put that at about 2.0 - 2.5 million. (Which is what I think we would get in the summer minimum)

From the Dark Side
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:20:12 »

Well if he scores a treble today its going to be interesting.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:21:03 »

Totally agree. I've been saying this for while. We should remember that we don't have a bunch of twats running the club now. The people in charge now have made real money themselves & as such know how to maximise their assets. It would be madness to sell him now when it makes more sense to keep him at least until the summer. It's not like his contract will run out then as with Paynter, & the likelyhood is CA will extend it. He should continue banging in the goals benefiting the club AND increasing his value. The only thing that would upset this senario is an offer NOW that is too good to ignore, & I would put that at about 2.0 - 2.5 million. (Which is what I think we would get in the summer minimum)

An awful lot of people seem to be having a hard time grasping this concept  Yes
Barry Scott

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:21:44 »

It's not like his contract will run out then as with Paynter

Don't start him off again... He's not mentioned this for a few weeks. Cheesy
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:41:00 »

Only reason I could see for selling him now would be if they were worried that if he didn't sign an extension and then were to pick up a bad injury that ruled him out past the start of next season that it would then become hard to recoup fair value for him.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:54:07 »

I hope you're right! Best case scenario for us imo.

Unless someone comes in with a £2+ million bid in this window, I will be right. Trust me.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:54:58 »

What does bother me is that a large offer will come in on deadline day and we will not have enough time to go out and sign 1 or 2 replacements
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:57:53 »

He'll sign a new contract, stay 'til the summer, then move on for a hefty fee that satisfies all parties.

Insider knowledge ? Wink

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 16:17:04 »

although celtic were interested,they are now looking elsewhere.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 18:00:07 »

QPR may well step up their interest now that Jamie Mackie has a broken leg, Warnock wasn't very happy with Diouf was he!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 08:32:19 »

can i just say, austin has been pretty shit last few times ive seen him, a bit like paynter at the back end of last season. is he already thinking of loftus road?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 08:46:20 »

If QPR come knocking I wouldn't expect Charlie to be around for much longer...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #237 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 09:32:39 »

If QPR come in with a £2m bid for him this month he'll be gone I'm afraid. Trust me.

jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 09:33:10 »

If QPR come knocking I wouldn't expect Charlie to be around for much longer...
Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that they have no money to spend in January they will have some in the summer though, supposedly the owners are like Mr Fitton in that they won't spend money needlessly, he will need to bring in someone on loan rather than buying.
shaw_red

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 13:18:49 »

Im not sure if it has already be mentioned but has anyone picked up that charlie has conceaded two pens in three games?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: