Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall......Matchday Thread.  (Read 35413 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #315 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 09:41:14 »

really? from a walsall fan?

I was thinking exactly the same day. I think when we went to their place, they had a simmilar ticket promotion, and they were thrilled with their biggest crowd of the season, 4400. What their papers didnt say was that we had over 900 fans, so we provided the improved gate. That game in 2007 was 1st vs 3rd, on the last game of the season, its rediculous to expect a relegation scrap to have the same atmosphere as that game. When we went to Millwall last season the atmosphere was 5 times better than anything Ive heard there before, and Ive been there about 5 times over the last 10 years.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 09:44:43 »

I was mainly referring to our good hiding from last week and maybe that's the reason why we had our back four playing on our 18yard box most of 1st half.as for grella not getting his head up if you're making reference to when our midfield were stood on the halfway line and then last-minute.com decided to join in then u can hardly knock him for that.
Spencer_White

« Reply #317 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 09:48:26 »

Very good point lambourn and this is the thing that worries me most. No reflection on Hart, he's only had two days to work with them, but you usually expect some reaction from the players from a manager being sacked even if it quite often turns out to be a dead cat bounce of 2-3 games before they revert to type. And I'd looked to that at least to help us chalk some points up over the next week. But when you see so little improvement in quality and attitude, it starts to look like a lost cause. Hope I'm wrong - if Hart can keep this lot up, he's a fucking miracle worker

In some ways I think the changeover between Wilson and Hart was a bit too quick.

Dave Lucas' friday interview in the Adver, he was still clearly in 'mourning' at the end of the Wilson era and Im sure some of the other players were too (probably with the exception of Simon Ferry).

Anyway, I thought it was exactly the same as the last few months. We kept ourselves in a close game, didnt to get any luck, and failed to win again.

For me this result does relegate us, Dagenham and Walsall will battle it out for the 5th from bottom spot. Which poses the question, which manager would you rather have for a League 2 promotion campaign next season? Paul Hart or Danny Wilson? Anyway, he's history.
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:01:32 »

Not Wilson.
This is his side almost propping up the third division. A division that AF referred to as a weak division at the start of the season.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:04:01 »

Not Wilson.
This is his side almost propping up the third division. A division that AF referred to as a weak division at the start of the season.

Agreed. I don't want Wilson within 100 miles of the County Ground.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:28:54 »

Have'nt looked back through yet...

Well that was piss poor (again)...in my view we have played better and lost this year.

Negative formation..

Swindon Pish...Walsall trying to match them.

Its over...Walsall and Daggers to fit it out.

We could finish bottom below a side who have been fined 10 points.

I wanted DW

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:31:44 »

cont....

to do well but it wasnt going to work but we held on....and this has cost us now....Hart has no chance.

See you at Plymouth...

Only a biblical style chain of events can save us now.

Lets all look forward to the POX next season....and Hereford on a Friday night...

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:33:10 »

Wasn't a bad day, I somehow managed to pull.. Result!

Fingers in the till?

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:48:59 »

cont....

to do well but it wasnt going to work but we held on....and this has cost us now....Hart has no chance.

See you at Plymouth...

Only a biblical style chain of events can save us now.

Lets all look forward to the POX next season....and Hereford on a Friday night...

Maybe we should bring Moses back then.
Spencer_White

« Reply #324 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 10:56:24 »

Not Wilson.

Wilsons side was sold from under him.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:25:37 »

Wilsons side was sold from under him.

Side?

One player = a side?
Spencer_White

« Reply #326 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:34:28 »

Side?

One player = a side?

2 of our 3 most important players. Only Douglas remained.

I dont have to explain myself to you mate. Ive seen it with my own eyes up and down the country.

Good football teams are delicate.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #327 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:36:16 »

Sorry for the length of this post and I can't be bothered to read through all the rest of this thread!

My first home game for ages so I will outline what I saw, also added in a few comments that my Liverpool supporting mate saw as a neutral too.

451 was probably wrong to play at home but we are lacking forwards of quality to play 442, we passed the ball on the ground really well at times, very few hoofed balls up the front, difficult to break down a team with 9 behind the ball at pretty much all timesa and just wanted to waste time to get to the 90 minute stage.

The wierd thing was we played so narrow in the first half, with both Ritchie and JPM playing almost as floating midfielders down the middle and not as wingers, with the only width first half coming from Rose and Caddis, 5 midfielders going through the middle...not the best attacking wise but it snuffed out any chances by Walsall to attack, 2nd half we played out wide much more and looke dmore threatening to the defence but without creating many chances, I think it was about 70 mins before we have a shot actually on target.

Mike Gorilla is technically a brilliant player, great control and deserved MOM today his running and passing was excelent, but he is shot shy and maybe that will come with confidence or maybe he just doesn't like to have a shot, looked very good in a holdng role up front but just needs to try his luck a little more. More of an very attacking midfielder/link man than a target man IMO.

Gray was a real handful but stroppy as fuck, control your petulance and temper and you can be a good player at this level, otherwise....total twat.

Rose was 2nd MOM for me his running and passing was excellent as was his late shot.

Lucas didn't put a foot wrong, Frampton looked slow and his passing was a little off the mark but mostly solid, didn't get caught out often but badly lacks pace.

Cuthbert was outstanding for me, barely put a foot wrong all game, good passing, tackling and reading of the game too.

Caddis looked pretty good going forwards but not so good defensively, poor end product in his cross for the most part though.

JPM ran around a lot but looked off the pace and was not given the ball to enable him to create chances for us, Douglas looked slow first half but got back into the game in the 2nd half and looked a better player but still not the player he was last year, Ferry ran around a lot too, made a couple of forward runs but his final ball was pretty poor by his standards.

Ritchie looked like he didn't really want the ball first half but the 2nd half he came alive and tormented their right back Lescott all the 2nd half.

Prutton looks to be a good player 1 minute and the next he looks fed up and not interested, good passing, not a bad tackler but its on his terms, if and when he can be bothered, so much more to come from him which he is onbviously capable of.

Timlin when he came on didn't contribute to much and then even less when he was pushed out wide left.

Obika is the most dissinterested and lazy player I have ever seen in a Town short, truly not fit to wear our shirt, I have a feeling he has been told by Spurs he will be given a free at the end of the season and has lost heart, it is the only possible option for his lack of running and chasing after the ball and actually wanting the ball, if he had followed in the shot bu Rose at the end I truly feel he could have scored the rebound but he wasn't bothered....send him back please.

The next 2 games are still vital for our survival, if we can win a couple of games then we can springboard, and we are capable of it we just need a better strikeforce and a willingness to take a pop at goal instead of walking it in.

Shame with such a large crowd that we didn't get behind the team, disappointing.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 12:42:05 by jjedmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #328 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:39:07 »

2 of our 3 most important players. Only Douglas remained.

I dont have to explain myself to you mate. Ive seen it with my own eyes up and down the country.

Good football teams are delicate.
Side?

Two players = a side?

And who's the second you are referring to who was 'sold'?
Spencer_White

« Reply #329 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:39:17 »

Shame with such a large crowd that we didn't get behind the team, disappointing.

Yesterday was some of the best home support weve managed all season.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: