Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGM  (Read 4243 times)
Power to people

Ignore
AGM
« on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:10:16 »

I see it reported that the AGM will be held on Friday 20 July at 10am - if I am correct they can hold the AGM at whatever day and time they desire as it is only a formality for the shareholders to be able to ask questions as Wray, Fitton & Co hold the majority anyway and for them to go through the accounts.

Just wondered why it was a friday at such an early time when most people are working and are unable to attend.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:26:41 »

Obviously a cunning stunt!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 14:38:30 »

Anyone know the name and email address for whoever deals with shareholder type stuff at the club?

Pretty certain I've still got some shares but haven't seen any paperwork for years.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 14:40:40 »

My AGM notification e-mail came through from joanna@swindontownfc.co.uk (Joanna Scott, club Financial Controller).
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 15:01:14 »

Anyone know the name and email address for whoever deals with shareholder type stuff at the club?

Pretty certain I've still got some shares but haven't seen any paperwork for years.

I'm pretty sure about 2/3 seasons ago you had to buy more to still be a shareholder, I remember my Dad paying £100 to increase the value of his shares or else his shares no longer meant anything or something like that.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 15:06:07 »

Just wondered why it was a friday at such an early time when most people are working and are unable to attend.

Want our £245m debts to be kept quiet.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 15:15:32 »

I'm pretty sure about 2/3 seasons ago you had to buy more to still be a shareholder, I remember my Dad paying £100 to increase the value of his shares or else his shares no longer meant anything or something like that.

I think all they did was convert the 1p shares in to £1 shares, so for every 100 shares you had you were left with 1 and if you had less than 100 you were left with 0. Either way I'm pretty sure I was left with some.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 29, 2012, 15:22:31 by jonny72 » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 16:59:46 »

The trust purchased 11,000 shares, & will be attending the AGM. Members can ask for there views to be represented by the trust, obviously the majority view will prevail.
Past events involving the former "General Manager" of the football club & his failed court battle should serve to remind us of the perilous state of the football club, until the current owners took control.
Whilst the Trust fully supports the current owners of the football club, we are very aware of the fact that things can change in the future.
We believe that the best way to help guard against any future change to the detriment of the club is to build up a shareholding in the club. This both shows support for the current regime & also gives supporters a say in the future.

We therefore ask that supporters consider the following
JOIN or renew your membership of the Trust.  As a member you will have a say in the way use our votes with the shareholding
We are aware that there are some supporters who already currently own shares in their own name.  You can either donate these to the Trust or you could give the Trust proxy over the voting rights of the shares you hold. This would mean your shares would both strengthen the voice of supporters & reduce the clubs admin costs.
Make a donation to the Trust towards the purchase of further shares. 
Should you wish to purchase a significant amount of shares in the club we can arrange this with the Trust taking the proxy rights to that shareholding (which remains in your name).

Thanks

From the Dark Side
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 10:23:43 »

I know this is a dopey question, but I would like to buy some shares for my fathers birthday.  Who can I speak to to sort this out?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 14:01:37 »

I know this is a dopey question, but I would like to buy some shares for my fathers birthday.  Who can I speak to to sort this out?

Not aure if you can as you would need someone to sell you some shares and it may depend on how much of an outlay you are looking at as to whether it would be in their interests.

But email joanna@swindontownfc.co.uk she is a very nice lady and will advise you right.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 15:03:13 »

The trust purchased 11,000 shares, & will be attending the AGM. Members can ask for there views to be represented by the trust, obviously the majority view will prevail.
Past events involving the former "General Manager" of the football club & his failed court battle should serve to remind us of the perilous state of the football club, until the current owners took control.

Past events also involved me voting against every proposal the board made (obviously under our previous 'leadership'), and Sandy Gray giving me evils...I enjoyed that agm.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:55:20 »

All very routine this morning. All resolutions passed unanimously and not very many questions to the board who were represented by Jeremy Wray, Nick Watkins, and Russell Backhouse.

Wray seemed very hopeful that work on the stadium development would be underway this time next year but was coy about revealing any precise details about the plans before they have been before the council. The intention is to extend the lease.

The one thing that will probably be of interest to fans is that the Town End will be shut during the reconstruction so current Town Enders may have to relocate to other parts of the ground for the 2013-14 season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 14:07:51 »

Can you explain what the share split resolution was about? I couldn't figure it out from the letter, something about 1p and 99p shares with some being deferred?
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 15:40:49 »

Can you explain what the share split resolution was about? I couldn't figure it out from the letter, something about 1p and 99p shares with some being deferred?

Existing £1 shares are being split into 1p shares and 99p deferred shares. To begin with it changes nothing. If you owned 1% of the club before you'll still own 1% of the club after the split. Where it will change, is if / when new investment comes into the club, the new investors wont have to stump up as much cash per share as they would have otherwise. At that point, existing shareholdings will be diluted further.

Basically its a device to allow future investors to get a decent percentage of the shares without having to put up a ridiculous amount of money which would make it much more difficult / impossible to attract additional investment.

Its neither here nor there to the ordinary small shareholder since the holding company already owns 97% of the club so what they say goes.

To my mind its a good indicator of the sort of people we have running the club now because they are essentially saying they are prepared to weaken their hold over the club in order to attract new investors on board. I can think of plenty of previous owners who would have happily seen the club suffer through lack of investment rather than weaken their own control.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: