Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42168 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 15:29:54 »

Regulation of the banks should have been left with the Bank of England. If any one has dealings with the FSA you will now what a waste of time they are.

I can't speak for banking regulations, but in my line of work the FSA are certainly not a waste of time. You have to jump through plenty of hoops and umpteen layers of red tape before carrying out most basic transactions - all due to FSA rules & regs which ultimately protect the customer.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 15:33:59 »

On a slightly different track, I like the look of this Great Repeal Bill thing (although I've not dug into what else they're planning on repealing) but getting rid of ID cards is a good start:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/12/tory_libdem_id_scrappings/

If they roll back some of the other authoritarian crap successive Labour Home Secs brought in under the guise of "anti-terror laws", I'll be chuffed at that.

Go LibCams!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 16:01:46 »

The BBC have done an interesting summary of the con/lib deal concerning different policies...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8677088.stm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 16:27:18 »

The BBC have done an interesting summary of the con/lib deal concerning different policies...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8677088.stm

Have to say I'm surprised that this has been entered into as a seemingly binding coalition. Seems as if the desire for power has  already affected the judgement of Cameron and Clegg.

Seeing the likes of Hague and Theresa May kicking around in high office, really is nauseating...me, I'm off to dust down Ralph Miliband's "The State in Capitalist Society"
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 16:38:44 »

Seeing the likes of Hague and Theresa May kicking around in high office, really is nauseating...me, I'm off to dust down Ralph Miliband's "The State in Capitalist Society"

Also time to dust off and re-read Tressell's  'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jim

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 16:43:34 »

Type

David Cameron Side Profile

into Google and then click on image search.

Open the first image and look at the full sized version.

Is this what he will be doing for the next 5 years?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 16:56:22 »

Type

David Cameron Side Profile

into Google and then click on image search.

Open the first image and look at the full sized version.

Is this what he will be doing for the next 5 years?

I don't mind if he does, as long as he doesn't metaphorically do that to the country.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 18:23:55 »

So Tories wanted Trident....the Libs were really against it..are we going to be getting splinters sitting on the fence thinking about it,only one way to find out if we will get Trident or not........................FIGHT!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 19:04:06 »

So Tories wanted Trident....the Libs were really against it..are we going to be getting splinters sitting on the fence thinking about it,only one way to find out if we will get Trident or not........................FIGHT!!
Cheesy With nukes!
Lumps

« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 19:13:11 »

On a slightly different track, I like the look of this Great Repeal Bill thing (although I've not dug into what else they're planning on repealing) but getting rid of ID cards is a good start:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/12/tory_libdem_id_scrappings/

If they roll back some of the other authoritarian crap successive Labour Home Secs brought in under the guise of "anti-terror laws", I'll be chuffed at that.

Go LibCams!

I'll believe it when it happens.

Unfortunately the first meeting they have with the heads of security they'll be fed the same stuff Labour have been listening to for the last ten years, shit themselves and agree to anything they want.

Unless they want to have a significant change in foreign policy, but that seems unlikely.
Talk Talk

« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 22:06:27 »

The word on the markets is that the UK is next up for financial meltdown. The CDS (credit default swap) traders shed a billion quids worth of UK risk last week (for the third successive week). We are truly fucked, it doesn't matter what Mickey Mouse public spending cuts Cameron and Clegg push through in the next few months. They are going to be toast. Stock up on tins of baked beans and firewood logs me dears.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/cds-traders-beating-uk-death-drums

(With credit to EU Ref)
Talk Talk

« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 23:31:30 »

Here we go!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 00:19:15 »

The CDS (credit default swap) traders shed a billion quids worth of UK risk last week (for the third successive week).
Ha, ha, ha, ha. CDS traders? The arseholes who so spectacularly failed to work out their own risk that they directly caused the 08 financial meltdown? Meanwhile, the bond markets we were all supposed to be so scared of when their was a hung parliament have now apparently got over their attack of the vapours and stabilised now the coalition's been announced. So which markets are right? The fact is, there is no "the markets" - there's a series of separate trading markets, all of which at any given time have an entirely different take on any given political situation, and as we saw in 08 can and do get it so badly wrong that they need bailing out by the very governments you so despise to save their sorry arses.

The whole concept of the "Wisdom of Markets" on which the uber-freemarketeers hang their entire philosophy is utter bullshit. There's no "Wisdom of Markets", there's a lot of stupid, greedy people chasing their next bonus, entirely unable to properly assess risk because they're so blinded by short-term profit they have no idea what's going on. And no need to. They don't need to sustain an economy, people's jobs, pensions etc all they need to do is turn a short-term profit and fuck the consequences. But governments do. And it's thanks to successive governments who've bought your The Markets Are God theology that they can take as many risks as they like, knowing us poor schmucks will bail them out when they fuck up as royally as they just did because of the governments you hate so much having to intervene to protect the rest of us who actually work for a living.

CDS traders my fucking arse.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 07:13:12 »

No, no, no! Let's not let extremist views get in the way of fact now Paul!

(Or is that fact in the way of extremist views? I'm never sure with Alan).

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-13/corporate-bond-risk-falls-in-europe-credit-default-swaps-show.html
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 07:17:19 by Samdy Gray » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 07:25:56 »

They are going to be toast. Stock up on tins of baked beans and firewood logs me dears.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/cds-traders-beating-uk-death-drums

(With credit to EU Ref)

Best head for Shaw Tip/Forest then

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: