Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v STFC 5/8/23  (Read 29924 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:52:57 »

Checked. Although I’m a new ST holder I haven’t been given any loyalty points. Not sure if it’s the club that’s supposed to add them or me - if me, how.

There is some labyrinthine online process where they link your season ticket to your online ticketing account… it’s been years since I did it and I’m always astonished that it seems to carry over each year. I think that may be what you need to do.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:53:53 »

It had nothing to do with Colchester or there gound staff.
It was me....
I brought this bloody weatthrr from Auckland.
Was sharing a few conversations at the ground with some top guys. Thank you Woobly Bob and Dave
Didn't think in my wildess thoughts it was going to be postponed  Fuck fuck fuck soapy tit wank
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:00:34 »

do you see your client reference number in "my account" ?

if yes, i'd assume it's a club end error.

if no then I'm not sure, it has been years since I set mine up.

obviously it's better if you talk to them, but assuming it's open I intend to go in tomorrow to pick up my tickets.

I can ask if I have your info (private message me):

name(s)
seat number(s)/stand
email adresse(s)

(plural in case you have more than one ST).
_---------------
note also - once yours is sorted,  if you want to buy tickets on behalf of other people you need to link accounts.

they basically give you permission to buy tickets on their behalf. Then when you buy you can get there's too and 'assign' their name to their ticket
----------
it sounds a complete ball ache, but it's it is set up properly it's so much easier than getting to the ground/getting through on phone
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:03:21 »

Thanks for the offer Batch. I have a client number - does that cover just me or Mrs Audrey as well as she hasn’t got one. Anyhoo, I’m feeling a tad better now and I’ll pop in Tuesday ( not open tomorrow I think) and rattle their cage.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:07:16 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
[. It rained torrentially, non-stop until 2.30 and beyond and no amount of expensive machinery could have done anything about it. The continual rain was the problem and is what people who weren't there, need to understand.

we get why it had to be cancelled, we saw the ball stop when the ref rolled out on the wing. Dangerous.

It's frustrating that all the countries rain fell between 2 and 3 and only on Colchester's pitch.

sorry, I just think they have shit drainage. it was pissing down all over. My weather station got 25mm of rain recorded.

but it is what it is
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:11:45 »

Thanks for the offer Batch. I have a client number - does that cover just me or Mrs Audrey as well as she hasn’t got one. Anyhoo, I’m feeling a tad better now and I’ll pop in Tuesday ( not open tomorrow I think) and rattle their cage.
no worries. the reference number is  supposed to be per person and should be on the front of the season ticket

however my friend had an issue the first Clem  year where the number was covering all 3 of his.

you'd think that issue would have been sorted by now.
--
you would both need a ticketing account with separate emails if you wish to link accounts.

I suggest you eventually try and do this so you can buy tickets at the same time, as if they are allocated seats you want 2 together.

this sort of explains it

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/step-by-step-ticket-adding-network/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:23:52 »

we get why it had to be cancelled, we saw the ball stop when the ref rolled out on the wing. Dangerous.

It's frustrating that all the countries rain fell between 2 and 3 and only on Colchester's pitch.

sorry, I just think they have shit drainage. it was pissing down all over. My weather station got 25mm of rain recorded.

but it is what it is
We can only speculate on that but the best drainage system in the world won't 100% guarantee that a pitch won't get waterlogged in exceptional circumstances, which is what yesterday was.

As you say...it is what it is...we're on to Peterborough...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:42:20 »

The local radio reported yesterday that the ref had said at 1.45 that the pitch would be playable as long as there were no torrential downpours between then and 2.30. Unfortunately, that's all it did do. It rained torrentially, non-stop until 2.30 and beyond and no amount of expensive machinery could have done anything about it. The continual rain was the problem and is what people who weren't there, need to understand.

I've no idea what point that person who took the pictures is making. The picture on the left, taken 20, 40, 60 miles away or wherever with the sun out...so what? It wasn't like that in Colchester unfortunately, otherwise the game would have gone ahead, no problem...
Completely agree - I went yesterday and as frustrating as it was, no outrage from me. I think I’ve just about dried out…

I expect the away following will be at least 50% down for the re-arranged match given it will be a Tuesday, so Colchester will be impacted quite a bit financially.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:45:21 »

Completely agree - I went yesterday and as frustrating as it was, no outrage from me. I think I’ve just about dried out…

I expect the away following will be at least 50% down for the re-arranged match given it will be a Tuesday, so Colchester will be impacted quite a bit financially.
They wont be though will they as most of those will have bought tickets already so many probably won't bother even looking for a refund they just wont attend but Colchester have had their money already.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:47:08 »

I have a vague recollection from the late '80s that I travelled down to Birmingham City FROM Manchester for a midweek game that was called off for, if I remember, a floodlight problem. Drove to Wolves for their game against Gillingham. Wolves got 6 and there were some Swindon fans there including Ollie from Potterne.

When one of the Bolton semi-finals was called off, there was an England u-21 game at Walsall and Villa were playing Leicester. Both games produced a lot of goals but we opted for Villa (4-3) I think.

Can't forget the debacle at Stockport when the game was called off very late because a crane had churned up the pitch. That was when they were tenants of Sale Rugby. It was only a 10 mile round trip for me but I can only imagine how pissed if if you had come up from Swindon or beyond.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:47:26 »

They wont be though will they as most of those will have bought tickets already so many probably won't bother even looking for a refund they just wont attend but Colchester have had their money already.
I spoke to plenty of town fans yesterday who were all adamant they’ll be seeking a refund - should be easy enough given it was an online purchase so no need to visit club shop etc.

I’ll be taking it - that’ll pay for another away ticket at some point.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 09:49:14 »

Point taken and understood. Although I still feel many wont bother with a refund personally, they will probably wait until a few days before the game to decide if they will go or not and many just wont bother.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 11:16:24 »

Would be typical STFC if he hung up his boots and tore up his contract to go onto a music career!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 11:29:42 »

I've no idea what point that person who took the pictures is making. The picture on the left, taken 20, 40, 60 miles away or wherever with the sun out...so what? It wasn't like that in Colchester unfortunately, otherwise the game would have gone ahead, no problem...

I remember the Scotland v Georgia International game at Hampden Park a couple of months ago was similar. Bizarrely the game kicked off but their was puddles all over the pitch and the ball was just getting stuck and barely rolling. The rain had stopped so they delayed the game by 1.5 hours. It took about 30 people 90 minutes or so with those brooms to sweep the surface water off.

I'm just not sure that was really viable yesterday given the surface water on the pitch. Not sure the sun would have done a huge amount to be honest!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 11:29:51 »

Imagine being Tariq and having to follow that!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: