Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: C'mon RANGERS!  (Read 10024 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #90 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 11:44:00 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"

I think if Rangers and Celtic were ever allowed into English football they would be absolutely monstrous.

Rangers like all Scpottish clubs were allowed into the FA Cup in the late years of the 19th century, as professional football started to overtake amateur.

Queen's Park reached 2 FA Cup Fiinals,  losing to Blackburn on both occasions .....Rangers didn't do much apart from losing to Villa in one semi final.

By the start of the 20th century the SFA had banned its sides from playing in the English FA Cup.

I think that was Rangers chance.....but they probably rightly discerned it would be easier to win things by sticking with the SFA.

Liverpool did nothing until the 1960's. Doesnt mean anything.
Spencer_White

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 12:06:11 »

Quote from: "Croat red"
I dont really understand why alot of English people choose to follow Rangers,its mostly lads and to do with all this "Loyalist" bullshit.Why anyone gives a shit is beyond me.Also why's it alright to have Rangers as a second team but considered a sin to have a second team in the Prem?

Fishing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 17:10:30 »

I think if Rangers and Celtic were ever allowed into English football they would be absolutely monstrous.

Rangers like all Scpottish clubs were allowed into the FA Cup in the late years of the 19th century, as professional football started to overtake amateur.

Queen's Park reached 2 FA Cup Fiinals,  losing to Blackburn on both occasions .....Rangers didn't do much apart from losing to Villa in one semi final.

By the start of the 20th century the SFA had banned its sides from playing in the English FA Cup.

I think that was Rangers chance.....but they probably rightly discerned it would be easier to win things by sticking with the SFA.

The point I'm trying to make is that in the early years of football developing in Britain....the English FA were prepared to allow Rangers and other Scottish sides to play in English football.

For whatever reason Rangers opted not to pursue this option....

Liverpool had won 5 titles before their 25 year hegonomy of the mid 60's to late 80's
Spud

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 18:05:16 »

I dont really understand why alot of English people choose to follow Rangers,its mostly lads and to do with all this "Loyalist" bullshit.Why anyone gives a shit is beyond me.Also why's it alright to have Rangers as a second team but considered a sin to have a second team in the Prem?

My Cat was born in Glasgow hence why i follow Rangers.....hope that clears that up for you.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 18:23:20 »

Whats really winding me me up about all this Manchester thing now is the fucking Rangers fans ringing up the Football phone ins and blaming everyone else,so far ive heard  the trouble blamed on Stoke,Millwall and West Ham.Getting a fucking grip you Scottish cunts.The Scots are notorious violent drunks,I bet everyone on this forum knows a volitile  Jock down their local with a stupidly short temper.

Also if I have to hear one more Celtic /Aberdeen wanker saying "ooh its a Rangers problem we're always well behaved ,we've won awards for being  great dont you know" im going to fucking scream.

/
W56196272
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 18:27:39 »

Whats really winding me me up about all this Manchester thing now is the fucking Rangers fans ringing up the Football phone ins and blaming everyone else,so far ive heard  the trouble blamed on Stoke,Millwall and West Ham.Getting a fucking grip you Scottish cunts.The Scots are notorious violent drunks,I bet everyone on this forum knows a volitile  Jock down their local with a stupidly short temper.

Also if I have to hear one more Celtic /Aberdeen wanker saying "ooh its a Rangers problem we're always well behaved ,we've won awards for being  great dont you know" im going to fucking scream.

Calm down there son. I hope you're not on duty tonight, or there are going to be some shit-scared pilots about........
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 18:29:28 »

Im calm Cool

/
W56196272
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 06:55:10 »

Oh dear, Rangers may not win the league now

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 10:04:19 »

Well done Celtic, it's in their hands now.  Walter's less than attacking philosophy looks like it's lost them the title, although I could be proved wrong if they gub St Mirren 8-0 I suppose.

Very happy for Celtic, they've got some great fans, who've won awards for their fantastic behaviour, "Scotland's shame" get what they deserve.  Nothing.

Come on the doonhamers!!!
dell boy

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 10:59:01 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Well done Celtic, it's in their hands now.  Walter's less than attacking philosophy looks like it's lost them the title, although I could be proved wrong if they gub St Mirren 8-0 I suppose.

Very happy for Celtic, they've got some great fans, who've won awards for their fantastic behaviour, "Scotland's shame" get what they deserve.  Nothing.

That comment just shows how competitive Jock football is, you have already taken for granted that you win away from home you last fixture. :shock:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 14:17:21 »

Quote from: "dell boy"

That comment just shows how competitive Jock football is, you have already taken for granted that you win away from home you last fixture. :shock:

Dell I'm not a Celtic fan, I was fishing for gers fans that's all.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 15:00:31 »

Quote from: "dell boy"

Dell I'm not a Celtic fan, I was fishing for gers fans that's all.

I expect some of them are still in jail

Fishing.

I come from a land down-under
Spencer_White

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, May 18, 2008, 18:33:08 »

The point I'm trying to make is that in the early years of football developing in Britain....the English FA were prepared to allow Rangers and other Scottish sides to play in English football.

For whatever reason Rangers opted not to pursue this option....

Liverpool had won 5 titles before their 25 year hegonomy of the mid 60's to late 80's

They got issued an ultimatum to quit English competitions or be banished from SFA ones didnt they? They were quite keen on things like that. They didnt want to pick Scots playing in England for the national side until they had to pick Dennis Law.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 09:47:58 »

They didnt want to pick Scots playing in England for the national side until they had to pick Dennis Law.

Sorry Spencer, but that is bollocks.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 09:52:47 »

This whole thread is bollocks

Thread Closed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: