Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: champions league final  (Read 10355 times)
DMR

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 11:22:21 »

Oh and Eboue should have walked for booting that chappy in the thigh.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 14:48:40 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Chelsea aren't my gold standard but again their two key players are English and Cole is an important player too. Liverpool and Chelsea both have an English core,  even with Campbell and Cole Arsenal's key player is still Henry. This is another reason I like Spurs, most of their team is Engish.
aah so its not about number of english players its about their position? or if they are 'core'?

i don't know how campbell and cole at the back could have been more 'core'. henry did little after the opening bit and the two english players (cole in particular) were on top form.

liverpool have 3 english starters (carragher, gerrard, crouch), chelsea 2/3. they're all as bad as each other in that respect.

take the blinkers off, its fucking boring.

I'm not just talking about last night and I don't think you get what I mean by core I mean Chelsea and Liverpool have English captains and vice captains, they have foreign players but unlike Arsenal they never field entirely foreign teams.

Fowler often starts for Liverpool too so both Liverpool and Chelsea have 4 regular starters as Wright Phillips started 15 times last year.

I'd prefer Liverpool and Chelsea had more English players too, I think it's good for English football for the English players to be playing at the best English clubs.
Spud

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 16:05:18 »

Personally i couldnt give a fuck about how many English players are playing for a side, if Swindon had 11 Foreigners and were successful then it wouldnt bother me, although neither is going to happen.
el duque

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 20:06:13 »

Moaning about the ref being poor was very disappointing from Henry. He should have conducted the interview with a bit of dignity.

Everyone saw the game, and saw how bad the ref was. He didn't need to go on and on about it, or even mention it once...
McLovin

« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 07:51:28 »

Now Eto'o was offside, apparently. Methinks he's floundering to cover up the fact he missed 2 simple chances on the big stage...
red macca

« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 07:55:35 »

eto was offside..but your right henry should concentrate on his own performance not the refs
STFC Village

« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:16:24 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "DV85"
great interview by Henry afterwards though, well the one on sky sports anyway....
I think he'll stay with Arsenal now \o/
Set to sign a 4 year deal...

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=388363&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title=Henry+decides+to+keep+on+Gunning
red macca

« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:18:59 »

can only be good for english football..although i think eto is better than henry and that goofy chap
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:21:08 »

Quote from: "red macca"
can only be good for english football..although i think eto is better than henry and that goofy chap

Fuck off is Eto'o better than Henry & Ronaldinho
red macca

« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:22:18 »

my opinion mate..you fuck off Cheesy  Cheesy
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:23:19 »

well its fact he isnt, hence Ronaldinho being world player of the year  Soapy Tit Wank
red macca

« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:26:45 »

fair enough,,myself i prefer to go for facts aswell like GOALS have alook and see who has been more effective for barca this season with his goals and assists..did you know this season is the first season that goofy has ever got into double figures,and until henry does it in big big games and away from home ,my opinion will not be changed
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:29:56 »

Eto'o plays up top on his own and Ronaldinho plays left wing, so Eto'o expected to score more goals
STFC Village

« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:30:37 »

Quote from: "red macca"
fair enough,,myself i prefer to go for facts aswell like GOALS have alook and see who has been more effective for barca this season with his goals and assists..did you know this season is the first season that goofy has ever got into double figures,and until henry does it in big big games and away from home ,my opinion will not be changed
Ronaldinho is not a striker, therefore isn't expected to get many goals, so it isn't fair to rate him on goals alone. I'm sure his assist tally is alot higher. Henry has the highest goals-to-games ratio in any of the top divisions in Europe this season (according to Soccer AM). Personally, i'd say Henry is the World's best player
red macca

« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 09:36:41 »

i see what your both saying. i suppose all 3 could be classed as the best at what they do,,goofy with his tricks ,,henrys team play and eto is  better at getting goals
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: