Pages: 1 ... 2650 2651 2652 [2653] 2654 2655 2656 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8999130 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #39780 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 09:55:25 »

With that in mind I wonder if he is also on some sort of appearance money.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39781 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:08:39 »

With that in mind I wonder if he is also on some sort of appearance money.
From what I understand almost every Town player signed by Power is on that sort of deal, the more they play the more money the player (or his previous club) get.

Palmer has always struck me as an unusual signing anyway but many on here shouted me down when I suggested he may not be in Wellens long term plans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39782 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:28:01 »

One thing I did wonder about Palmer, or any player, but prompted by the thing about Wigan only being able to pay part of his wages if they take him on loan: if we are still paying part of a player's wages but the player is on loan to another club, does the part we are still paying still count toward our salary cap? Which would kind of make sense, but equally wouldn't be surprised to find out this is a loophole if the player isn't part of our squad (e.g. Wellens said one the reason why Broadbent doesn't have a squad number is for salary cap, but we're obviously still paying his wages)
china red

« Reply #39783 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:41:14 »

Think Wellen's said they count towards it if they have a squad number.  Assume that means he wouldn't count towards it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39784 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:49:47 »

Think Wellen's said they count towards it if they have a squad number.  Assume that means he wouldn't count towards it

Palmer has been given number 23.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39785 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:04:05 »

Palmer has been given number 23.
I think what China meant (and what I was asking) was that surely him going out on loan (and so no longer being part of our squad) would be the same as if he was still on our wage bill but didn't have a squad number
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #39786 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:05:17 »

Hello again, y’all!  
This all seems unnecessarily and unhelpfully complicated.  In Wigan’s current situation, where because of what’s going on behind the scenes, the Wigan team is effectively fighting for survival, surely the League could come up with a formula that allows the team to function.  Their Administrators have stripped the club of its most valuable players (which I suppose is understandable from a purely assets-based perspective) but the League rules acting to prevent the bringing in of the most modest of replacements is like shooting an already dead horse.  Cruel.  And it doesn’t help us either!  
I think someone at a senior level in the EFL needs to urgently take a step back and look at Wigan from a football point of view rather than just as another Company in financial trouble.  The Wigan team on the pitch is a victim here and needs football-based help. This could be us!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39787 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:10:11 »

I think what China meant (and what I was asking) was that surely him going out on loan (and so no longer being part of our squad) would be the same as if he was still on our wage bill but didn't have a squad number
Yes thats whay I answered that he has a number, he has been given a squad number so would count toward the budget in my understanding of the rule.

Which itself could be off the mark, it often is!

Panda Paws

« Reply #39788 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:27:42 »

If he goes out, we will save however much Wigan are contributing. Anything else would be insane.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39789 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:30:11 »

Its quite a sad state of affairs that the team that won the FA cup just 7 years ago cannot contribute enough of a wage percentage to be able to afford to loan one of our reserve players.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39790 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:30:56 »

If he goes out, we will save however much Wigan are contributing. Anything else would be insane.
I agree it would, but seems equally daft not to count Broadbent's wages in a salary cap just because he doesn't have a squad number. This is Football League regulations we're talking about here remember, "sane" might not be the best criteria to judge by Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39791 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 11:36:12 »

Hello again, y’all!  
This all seems unnecessarily and unhelpfully complicated.  In Wigan’s current situation, where because of what’s going on behind the scenes, the Wigan team is effectively fighting for survival, surely the League could come up with a formula that allows the team to function.  Their Administrators have stripped the club of its most valuable players (which I suppose is understandable from a purely assets-based perspective) but the League rules acting to prevent the bringing in of the most modest of replacements is like shooting an already dead horse.  Cruel.  And it doesn’t help us either!  
I think someone at a senior level in the EFL needs to urgently take a step back and look at Wigan from a football point of view rather than just as another Company in financial trouble.  The Wigan team on the pitch is a victim here and needs football-based help. This could be us!

You need to remember Wigan are in admin, they don't have any money coming in, they have sold lots of players, this limit is probably set to ensure they keep up with bills etc, there is a reason they have stripped out the players that have gone, and some of it was that the club they come from was due money so they have sold them for whatever was owed rather than a profit.
Administrators fee's are racking up by the day also.

They are probably run on a very tight budget, and seemingly there is no saviour on the horizon at the present time.

It might be a case if there are no other offers then Palmer may end of going there until January to give him playing time and get him match fit and then Wellens can decide what he wants to do with him.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #39792 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 14:41:41 »

You need to remember Wigan are in admin, they don't have any money coming in, they have sold lots of players, this limit is probably set to ensure they keep up with bills etc, there is a reason they have stripped out the players that have gone, and some of it was that the club they come from was due money so they have sold them for whatever was owed rather than a profit.
Administrators fee's are racking up by the day also.

They are probably run on a very tight budget, and seemingly there is no saviour on the horizon at the present time.

It might be a case if there are no other offers then Palmer may end of going there until January to give him playing time and get him match fit and then Wellens can decide what he wants to do with him.
I get that Mr P (no relation, I assume). 
However, I’m looking at them solely as a football team.  It seems to me that the way the League’s punishment is working penalises Wigan twice - demoted through points deduction and then being allowed to play in the league but without the players they need even to compete. 
Their owner was a real bastard, there can be no doubt. He shouldn’t have been allowed within a million miles of a football club, and IMHO the League should be taking a considerable amount of responsibility for what has happened.
Flashheart

« Reply #39793 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 15:46:53 »

Jordan Stevens confirmed.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #39794 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 15:49:41 »

Im getting confused.  It may be my age but is everyone called Jordan these days? 

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 2650 2651 2652 [2653] 2654 2655 2656 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: