Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120826 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:44:05 »

It'll be Grant.
Flashheart

« Reply #301 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:44:31 »

Wellens on Doyle: It's a strange situation. The breakout clause is a few days after the Bradford game. Conversations are ongoing and we will see what we can do. If we can't do something then we will have to look elsewhere and Bradford will have to fit Doyle into their team. #stfc
Flashheart

« Reply #302 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:46:16 »

Wellens on Doyle: It's a strange situation. The breakout clause is a few days after the Bradford game. Conversations are ongoing and we will see what we can do. If we can't do something then we will have to look elsewhere and Bradford will have to fit Doyle into their team. #stfc

I imagine people can read into that what they want, but it sounds to me as though Bradford are willing to do a deal. Whether or not that deal is suitable/affordable for us is another matter entirely.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:47:19 »

My worry is, We had a similar situation with Nelson last year, although I think his initial loan expired??  he also wanted to stay with us and it looked likely he would, his contract was also running out but we ended up without him. 

Obviously Doyle can only play for us or Bradford, so they can’t loan him but it all feels a little similar to me, as I think most expecting him to be back with us and it never happened

I certainly did with Nelson (and was pretty certain he would come back). Difference here is Nelson could be loaned out elsewhere, which he was to Tranny. Also Sid was/is much younger. Some may say the right decision was made for him, since he wasn't guaranteed promotion with us. He got that with Tranny.

This time Doyle has been an integral key of our spine, he's older and would like to know where his future is. Seeing as in his mind he was/is here till May, with options in the Summer. Nelson would've triggered tribunal had we tried to get him in the summer (after a Millwall contract offer).

Auto isn't guaranteed but Doyle knows his promotion chances are better in a team he is scoring in and celebrating in the stands with. Nelson of course was more willing to be led/advised by his parent club who he'd been with since 14yrs old. I feel Doyle will engineer his own move/terms via his agent and he has the maturity to do it sensibly.

Eat my hat territory but Doyle will be a Town player by the end of this month.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #304 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:48:55 »

and Bradford will have to fit Doyle into their team.

And that bit seems to be telling us something.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:50:38 »

My worry is, We had a similar situation with Nelson last year, although I think his initial loan expired??  he also wanted to stay with us and it looked likely he would, his contract was also running out but we ended up without him.  

Obviously Doyle can only play for us or Bradford, so they can’t loan him but it all feels a little similar to me, as I think most expecting him to be back with us and it never happened
Big difference being that we weren't likely to challenge for promotion last season. And Nelson wasn't nearly the player that Doyle is. There's a difference between being asked too much for a "nice to have" player and being prepared to go the extra mile for a player who's goals could make the difference in getting promoted. We'll see.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:54:25 »

I think Wellens is saying all the right things.  Doesn't want to sound like he's desperate or too presumptuous that a deal is a foregone conclusion...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:57:31 »

And that bit seems to be telling us something.

As in, can they fit him in? And; does Doyle want to fit into a team that wouldn't utilise him correctly?

I think they (Town) are negotiating (with Doyle and BCFC) as we speak. Likely Doyle happy with our part to him, BCFC understandably maybe pushing for a little more in terms of their compensation. Still think he'll become a Town player.

Also, could be classic Wellens double bluff territory. He likes to play with the media a little. RE: Zeki not available for Plymouth...in you go Zeki Smiley

We'll soon see of course.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 14:23:04 »

Big difference being that we weren't likely to challenge for promotion last season. And Nelson wasn't nearly the player that Doyle is. There's a difference between being asked too much for a "nice to have" player and being prepared to go the extra mile for a player who's goals could make the difference in getting promoted. We'll see.

...not forgetting that Doyle can't be shipped out on loan and have a lovely time elsewhere.

How is Sid doing these days?
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 14:33:46 »

So for the game tomorrow do we change the words to "We want Pelle, The ginger Pelle"   

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 14:42:07 »

...not forgetting that Doyle can't be shipped out on loan and have a lovely time elsewhere.

How is Sid doing these days?

Still at Trannies, last his Dad told me  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #311 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 14:53:24 »

Not necessarilly anything to do with Doyle, but this is from Wellens

“We’re getting more fans than we thought we would get so the money is coming in which might allow us to keep a couple of extra bodies,” he said.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 15:17:09 »

Wellens is a master of the press conference.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 15:21:12 »

Rumour has it that he was at Bradford yesterday,   make of it what you like,  but if true it proves a deal may well be involving Doyles wishes/thoughts.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 3, 2020, 15:23:03 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 15:34:37 »

Their manager is about as inspiring as Paul Hart, trying to do a poor mans Fergie saying we should be more worried about losing Wellens  Zzz
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: