Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120729 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 19:04:29 »

Possibly/Maybe bollocks,  but saying what we want to hear,  no smoke without fire ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:01:20 »

Interesting if true, from the Bradferd forum:

"As I understand it the latest on Eoin Doyle saga, a deal has been agreed between BCFC & Swindon Town, the only thing outstanding is the personal terms of the player with Swindon Town, hopefully resolved by Monday of next week, as the saying goes watch this space Wink"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:36:09 »

If the rumour mill is true, Eoin Doyle is on a lot of money at Bradford.

There will need to be a negotiation.
Flashheart

« Reply #288 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:39:34 »

... some of that would likely come by way off a pay off from Bradford.
Panda Paws

« Reply #289 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:48:32 »

He also seems to value security very highly.

Example numbers, but say he's on £5k a week at Bradford until the summer. We offer £3k a week on a 2.5yr deal and a signing fee of £50k (covering the shortfall between now and the summer). He breaks even and has a good deal taking him to 34.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:51:32 »

He also seems to value security very highly.

Example numbers, but say he's on £5k a week at Bradford until the summer. We offer £3k a week on a 2.5yr deal and a signing fee of £50k (covering the shortfall between now and the summer). He breaks even and has a good deal taking him to 34.

I imagine there will be a fair bit of horse trading like this to build a deal that works for all, I wonder whether a Waterford shaped carrot can also be dangled for the future?
Panda Paws

« Reply #291 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:00:09 »

I imagine there will be a fair bit of horse trading like this to build a deal that works for all, I wonder whether a Waterford shaped carrot can also be dangled for the future?

Not a bad shout that. 30 month deal with us then 12 months with an option at Waterford. See out your career.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:05:51 »

Their journo seems to think Bowyer has been in regular contact and he is likely to be going back.

Didnt Doyle say he hasnt heard from Bradford at all though?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #293 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:07:01 »

Their journo seems to think Bowyer has been in regular contact and he is likely to be going back.

Didnt Doyle say he hasnt heard from Bradford at all though?
No Doyle said he has been in regular contact with Bowyer and the chairman and expressed to them he did not want to return. According to Power last week.

Its Grant that has had no contact with his parent club or manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #294 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:10:14 »

It'd be a huge risk to insist on keeping a player against his wishes - they nearly always get their way. Doyle seems the type to remain professional and work his hardest, but psycology plays a huge role. His heart's just not going to be in it no matter how hard he might be willing to try.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:20:11 »

You’re spot on. Players nearly always get their wish - via their agent. Even the mega bucks clubs don’t let a player who wants away festering with discontent around the place.

Tbh, I reckon if he was recalled there’s more chance he’d derail their season than ours.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:27:54 »

Chuck in unlimited flights Bristol to Dublin, a coaching role at Waterford and a Guiness "retirement" credit card and he's ours  Pint

Think the "discussions" the keep popping up Bradford end are actual between reps of BCFC, Doyle and likely Jewell/STFC in ironing out a package that suits all parties.

At the mo we have BCFC (Package A/current contract), STFC (Package B/current loan), Doyle/Agent (Package C/What they want). All those will be putting forward deals that suit them individually. Negotiations ensue, compromise is met (eg. Doyle wants £5k, BCFC say they'll only pay that if promoted; STFC say we'll pay you £4k, 2.5yr deal. Get to 30 goals £4.5k, get to 40 goals £5k, get promoted as champions/L1 rise/score 15 goal in L1, raise to £6k.)

Think c£600k max for two years Doyle has already earnt that kind of contract with his goals already. Say Doyle scores 35gls for us this season and we get auto. With promotion being worth a minimum of £1.5m then Doyle's potential 'contract' would be worth c£17k per goal. A cheap return when pitted against the £1.5m promotion bounty as 35gls would equate to nearly £43k per goal. I know you don't blow your budget on one player but we're talking one revenue strand for promotion and repaying the faith in obtaining said promotion. Well worth it.

Hopefully Doyle agrees that's the kind of contract that not only is generous but keeps him motivated to score too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:29:42 »

My worry is, We had a similar situation with Nelson last year, although I think his initial loan expired??  he also wanted to stay with us and it looked likely he would, his contract was also running out but we ended up without him. 

Obviously Doyle can only play for us or Bradford, so they can’t loan him but it all feels a little similar to me, as I think most expecting him to be back with us and it never happened
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:38:17 »

Regarding Granty:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2019/12/14/dont-expect-big-shrewsbury-town-changes-in-january/
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 13:39:31 »

Wellens on signings: "We think Paul Caddis is going to sign a contract extension this afternoon. We are close to turning a loan signing into a permanent deal. It will help us massively but I won't say it is yet." #stfc #efl
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: