Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northern doomed v Southern doomed. RAFC v STFC  (Read 28723 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:50:37 »

For once I agree with you.
As I agreed with you for once earlier, what the fuck is happening? its a wierd season!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:51:01 »

It's Managerial negligence to keep Curran on for the second half based on this 45 minutes.

Any Manager risking survival playing him shouldn’t be managing a football league club.
You put together a make shift defence that doesn’t include him.
So pissed off with this football club.
Panda Paws

« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:51:08 »

For once I agree with you.

Harsh on Hope. Not his fault he's being played at LB.
Flashheart

« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:51:30 »

It's fascinating watching Curran. He's nearly always in the wrong place. So often when they get into the box, they're walking through a gap where Curran should be and he's off at the side somewhere watching.

They should draw a circle around his position and tell him to not move out of it. Fucking chain him in place if needed.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:51:37 »

I'd say Kim Heiselberg was worse, but at least he was sent away after one game to do something more suitable to his skills.
Nah, Sunderland signed him before us so must have had something. No football league or even national league club would go near Curran under normal circumstances.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:51:45 »

I burst out laughing at our mistakes/play three or four times during that half. I think that's me done for the foreseeable.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:53:16 by Broadbents Tackle » Logged

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:52:27 »

I enjoy that our comms are keen to make it clear that Keohane's cigar is metaphorical, as if it might be genuine.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:52:48 »

I know it's a team game and there are plenty of players to point fingers at right now, but Curran is creating all manner of issues for the team.  It's not mistakes, he just doesn't have it, he can't play any better and the players know it.  Grant is spending the entire game worried about him to the point where they are within a few yards of each other at times.  Caddis is petrified of leaving him exposed and Palmer has to keep running to within 5 yards of him when he gets the ball as they know his passing is atrocious.  Any chance of putting together a team performance is ruined.  Most of what Sheridan does is clearly incompetence, this is pure spite, it can't be anything else - there is no reason to keep him on the pitch.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:54:00 »

Camp has made 3 or 4 excellent saves.

Grant has been playing CB and CM at the same time.

The rest are devoid of any quality.

Payne and Palmer have pressed but have no threat anywhere near the goal.

Twine....A shot. Some lightweight stuff.

Pitman. A nice header and one flick. Being a limp and bullying.

Hope anonymous

Grounds no quality

Missilou mostly missing

Curran.....Curran!

Caddis...should have had a penalty. Would like to say some good things, but, can't.

Anyone I've missed ?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:54:45 »

We are going to finish bottom aren't we. Has a current champion ever finished bottom the following season?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:57:11 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:56:57 »

Curran must dread fans ever being let into a stadium. Imagine if it affected his game...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:58:43 »

In fact, if I am one of the coaches, you'd ask Sheridan to be relieved of his duties at half time if he doesn't take Curran off.  Assume command and stop him from being allowed back out.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:59:11 »

They should draw a circle around his position and tell him to not move out of it. Fucking chain him in place if needed.

Totally agree. Quite apt IF his family are involved with horses. Just tether him with a stake n chain like several travellers do with their Shire horses. Definite "Subbuteo player".

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 18:59:29 »

In fact, if I am one of the coaches, you'd ask Sheridan to be relieved of his duties at half time if he doesn't take Curran off.  Assume command and stop him from being allowed back out.

If only we had that type of leader at our club..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 19:02:26 »

This is not a reaction to just today, and not a knee jerk but over the season so far (or what they have played) I would keep Camp, A Grant, Payne, Twine, Odimayo

Possibly keep Hunt, Broadbent, Lyden and Conroy.

No future at our club Hope, Pitman, Grounds, Curran, Missilou, Palmer, J Grant, Baudry, Fryers, Iandolo and Caddis (though I love him hes past it now).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: