Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Teachers..  (Read 14293 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 22:24:48 »

I hated school, generally I just knuckled down and got on with it though, in the grand scheme I knew it was never forever.

You get the odd prick of a teacher and the odd great one too. The decent ones were the ones that respected you and you them.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 23:05:23 »

I had one good teacher a Mrs Axe,a history teacher.Obviously she was called Battle Axe and she was a formidable big nosed fat woman.But her she brought her lessons to life and gave me a life long love of the subject, she only taught me from 12 to 14.I tried history again as an adult and it wasnt the same.

/
W56196272
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 06:54:13 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "bennett"
my best teacher was my english teacher, he was proper old school and had a witty put down for whenever someone tried to be clever

Mr. Cobb?

yes indeedy

a true legend

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 07:17:14 »

my best teacher was my english teacher, he was proper old school and had a witty put down for whenever someone tried to be clever

Mr. Cobb?

yes indeedy

a true legend

I went to the same school as both of you and don't remember any of you lot!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 07:38:25 »

I think the best teacvher I had at Churchfields was the typing teacher - Bristo - if you didn't want to turn up to the lesson he wasn't bothered and if he kicked you out the lesson you could clear off out of school and he never reported you....I was a good boy at school  Cheesy
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 07:53:11 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"

Schooling nowadays isn't like it was 7/8 years ago.

You're on the money with that statement. A friend of mine has matured into a teacher, he says the kids are fatter, lazier and extremely disruptive and disrespectful. The disruptive pupils don't get kicked out or even suspended, because the stats the schools have to work towards are hurt by expulsion.

He has lads and lasses in his lessons that refuse to do work and even sit there and call him a cunt and a prick in front of the whole class. He then has to get another pupil to fetch a "teaching assistant", who has to remove the pupil from the class. He/she will then go to the head teacher's or head of year's office, get told off and then be back, as usual, in the next lesson as if nothing has happened. This cycle repeats over and over and clearly hurts those there to learn.

Some kids want to be excluded, but no matter how hard these kids try the school can't remove them, as it will ruin the pathetic targets they have in place. It's a good illustration of exactly what this country is a becoming.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 07:56:42 »

Tis very true. The 'bad kids' now get treated if they're 'good' for a week.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 08:28:46 »

yup, my mum teaches kids that have been expelled or are school-phobic, if they behave for a month they get a day trip out somewhere, they've been to some pretty cool places (as well as some shitty ones too)

i kinda understand the carrot and the stick rule that they're using, but its still not exactly fair.

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 09:45:12 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
i went to kingsdown, woop.

my DT teacher was nice, cant remember her name tho. she was well into motorsport and she was gonna take me to watch the silverstone qualifying one year with her fella, but it rained really heavily and we couldnt go Sad

my maths teacher was ace, proper sharp voice but was nice if you worked. Mr cole his name was.

mr edmundson was mental, a colourblind chemistry teacher. used to hold the litmus paper up and ask what the colour was, naturally everyone shouted the wrong ones. heused to put videos on and then fall asleep, his lab coats were really vibrant colours, he always wore the biggest kipper ties ever, he had a purple skoda favorit, and best of all, the window level with his desk was covered in tin foil, to stop the aliens reading his mind. the guy was ace, completely nuts. died of a brain tumour a few years back Sad

Leggett - when were you there ?  

Edmunson was great - was he still calling people "cherubs" when you were there ?

Mr Stewart (Metalwork) and Mr Astin (Maths) were the funniest teachers for me - used to crack me up and Stewart used to let me go in his office for a ciggie during Metalwork which was cool !

Wise men say........
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 09:53:46 »

I went to Matravers in Westbury (same as Sade) - It was a breeze really - I never really liked school but could never complain as I had a trouble free time.

Best teacher was my tutor in Year 9. He was a Town fan too.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 10:06:06 »

Best teacher Mr O'Leary - PE Teacher, left after a short while to go up to County Durham, I was gutted as he was my tutor!

Also special mention to City fan Mr Tucker, legend, the stick he took in 93, every Monday morning we'd go to his class room and stick our Swindon Scarves up in his room as we were on our way up!!!  And City were crap!!

John Bentley was class, brilliant days back then.  Mr Guilfoyle (history) was good, strict Yorkshire man, put the fear of God into me, but did it because he respected you.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 10:19:43 »

I had shit loads of stuff in the Maths department there as well, what with doing maths/further maths/super maths etc. There were some characters in the Maths department at New College, but I never really got on with any of them. Was probably more my fault than there's though.

Maths teachers there are weird. Did you ever have the dude with a green jumper and a massive frizzy fringe?

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 10:21:03 »

I think I know who you mean but I can't remember his name. And yeah.

Edit: Richard Chamberlin or something?
McLovin

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 10:22:06 »

Mr Denley at Greendown was a legend. Born and raised in Bristol so had a think oo arr accent, but was an avid Town fan. He was proper cool and made his lessons fun yet worthwhile. Top bloke.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 10:23:53 »

I think I know who you mean but I can't remember his name. And yeah.

Edit: Richard Chamberlin or something?

He was weird. He does stuff like the cube root of 341 in his head and near enough gets them right every time. the freak

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: