Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31725 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:43:43 »

Agree. That's the difference between 'developing' people and a 'results driven' business. That's the crux of what eveyone is frustrated at.
TBF you don't even develop players by accepting rubbish like that. You have to demand high standards and hold people to them. Williams and Embleton seem to accept very low standards of what is acceptable and are driving them down by the week. It's just lazy, complacent rubbish and making excuses for drivel. And that is reflected by what we see on the pitch - lazy, complacent rubbish
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:45:27 »

White:
- Ajose big miss
- Colkett also a miss in his own way
- Didnt create the chance we had in last games
- Williams will have his work cut out to raise the team
- Would have been a good 3 points with Walsall beating Oldham
- Very difficult. Dont think we got ball into the front 2
- Not enough movement from centre forwards
- Other centre forward needs to spin out
- Ajose dovetails better with Obika
- Lets hope we can get Ajose back as soon as possible
- Running out of games

Not convinced the blame can be laid at the forwards door.
We had 20 attempts yet only 5 on target. I know not all the shots came from the forwards so it isn' only them who mis-fired. You can understand the keeper making saves but 15 attempts off target isn't acceptable from any player, i don't know what infuriates me more. Our lack of ability to hit the target or the fact that the only shot against us again on target and we lose from it. Chesterfield offered no threat at all but you just knew they would score if we didn't.
The performance infront of goal was fucking woeful shooting practice needed all round. I can't see us getting 3 points at Vale and that will make staying up a mammoth task.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:48:11 »

The only positive is that most of the teams around us lost/got a draw. We still have a chance.

I'm usually pretty optimistic when it comes to Swindon, but this team and management suck any positivity out of me. I didn't expect us to go the rest of the season unbeaten, but I did expect a bit more quality that today's offering. If that's all we can muster we are fucked.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:50:49 »

Thomas for Rodgers
and that sums up why we're going down. For 2 teams that needed to win, the first half was like a pre season friendly. The second half was better but due to the total lack of movement up front ( both Obika and Norris were shite) the ball was continually played side to side or back. Any player who got out wide managed to fuck it up. Boo, Barry, Gladwin and Brophy were dross. Other than Vigs who had fuck all to do the only players who come out with any credit were Ince, Thompson and Branco.
Chesterfield were shit and they won and thats why we're going down.
At least the sponsors had either a good sense of humour or were pissed or both. It was nice to see the MOM not bother marking or even getting within 10 yards of the player who scored. .  
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:54:21 »

and that sums up why we're going down. For 2 teams that needed to win, the first half was like a pre season friendly. The second half was better but due to the total lack of movement up front ( both Obika and Norris were shite) the ball was continually played side to side or back. Any player who got out wide managed to fuck it up. Boo, Barry, Gladwin and Brophy were dross. Other than Vigs who had fuck all to do the only players who come out with any credit were Ince, Thompson and Branco.
Chesterfield were shit and they won and thats why we're going down.
At least the sponsors had either a good sense of humour or were pissed or both. It was nice to see the MOM not bother marking or even getting within 10 yards of the player who scored. .  

When your man of the match you get to do what you want and no-one can moan because you must have been the best player on the pitch.... i honestly think Barry would take a MOTM over 3 pounts
@mwooly63

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:55:08 »

what was it

TODAY'S OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE - 6,691 (182)

1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:55:19 »

Only because you can't stop what you haven't started
You see this is the problem for me. There is a complacency, an acceptance of rubbish, a willingness to accept that a point at home against that rubbish would be "OK". It's not, it's fucking rubbish. Williams and Embleton are stealing a living. Fuck off, fuck right off.

100% agree just wish everyone else could see it too!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:21:50 »

The only positive is that most of the teams around us lost/got a draw. We still have a chance.

Problem is they will be saying the same thing about us.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:21:59 »

Worst Swindon team plus management/owner ever.Fans who say at least we're not in debt/going bust open your eyes.We on a rollercoaster horror ride and will be playing on cow fields like Hereford before we Know it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:37:07 »

Worst Swindon team plus management/owner ever.Fans who say at least we're not in debt/going bust open your eyes.We on a rollercoaster horror ride and will be playing on cow fields like Hereford before we Know it.

No. Not being in debt, about to go bust is good.

We just need to accept that the price for stabilty is playing at a lower level.

The question is how much lower? 

Torquay who we've played plenty of times down the years are currently doing a Stockport, another old adversary, heading for Conference South, whereas Rovers and Oxford both bottomed out in the Conference.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:37:51 »

Only because you can't stop what you haven't started
You see this is the problem for me. There is a complacency, an acceptance of rubbish, a willingness to accept that a point at home against that rubbish would be "OK". It's not, it's fucking rubbish. Williams and Embleton are stealing a living. Fuck off, fuck right off.

This 100%. We were absolutely pathetic today and Williams thinks we did well?  It's an insult to the supporters watching.  There were a few moments that caught my eye during the game where Williams showed what an utterly clueless twat he is. The applauding and thumbs up for pathetically over hit balls and applauding players running up and down, but actually achieving nothing. The other was when he called Barry to the touch line during play, kept him talking and Barry was then subsequently so far behind play an attack broke down.

A point wouldn't really have been acceptable, to get nothing is shameful.  Too many of that team looked completely disinterested and too many are not good enough for League football.  As soon as I heard Ajose and to an extent Colbert were injured, I had a feeling we'd struggle to score.

I didn't join in with the cheering when Norris and Rodgers were substituted, but can't help but wonder why Williams thinks either are good enough to start a game we needed to win. And who the fuck does Embleton think he is pouncing around the pitch after the final whistle expecting applause?  They can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned and I won't be renewing my season ticket whilst the current management team are still in charge.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:41:58 »

Why,there are plenty of clubs doing much better than us who are tiny clubs with tiny support but massive ambition.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:48:06 »

It's the price you pay when developing players for sale and profit takes precedence over winning games and club progression
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:52:01 »

It's the price you pay when the owner knows best even when wrong.Pity he used to be a footballer, too much influence on the playing side. For the players  Beers Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap for fucking it up,grow a set will you.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:52:32 »

Ignoring the football side of things totally, the mascot day was great.

Luke Williams took time with the kids, seems a nice guy.

The squad were acommodating before and after the game with autographs and posing for pictures, etc.

George and Brenda are great hosts for this.

Phil king was Phil King!

the food was even nice
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: