Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gabilondo  (Read 8332 times)
Div

« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 26, 2011, 18:33:11 »

Just playing devil's advocate here you understand, but technically, should the goal have been disallowed on account of Gabilondo leaving the field of play and coming back on without the ref's permission?

I'm assuming that's what Calamity James was waving his arms around for. I can't think why else he was doing it (apart from detracting from his own ineptitude of course).

Goal is perfectly legal.

A player is allowed to leave the field of play, and re-enter it, as long as it is momentum that took him off of it. The interpretation of the law which relates to it is basically there to stop players going of to gain an advantage when their team is in the shit - like if a defender decides to step off the field because he's too deep and he wants to play the attacker offside - he's off the pitch  so how can he be playing him on...(even though the bone idol defender wouldn't realise if he does that he'll get a caution and he's taken to be playing on the goal line!)

Very rarely would you see a player be cautioned for leaving and then re-entering without the referees permission, it's usually just the entering/re-entering at substitutions/injuries..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 26, 2011, 18:41:39 »

none when you have forwards in the box waiting for a cross

no.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 26, 2011, 22:41:16 »

Leaving the field of play isn't quite the same as running over the line...

I think David James was appealing for offside, not realising it couldn't possibly be offside in any way, shape or form.
Spencer_White

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 08:55:37 »

If James was appealing for offside then he is a grade A idiot.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 08:57:08 »

If James was appealing for offside then he is a grade A idiot.

If you don't ask, you don't get, I suppose
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: