Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pete Winkleman  (Read 5741 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:01:39 »

oh and anyone calling for macari to return is absolutely insane. he's been out of football for ages and didn't he nearly get huddersfield relegated in his last managerial position?

i'd welcome him back in an advisory role to iffy or anyone else as manager, but not in the role himself. i think that'd be absolutely disastrous.
STFC Village

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:02:45 »

STFCere, do you not recognise sarcasm when you see it? I was merely pointing out that you had used 2 King signings, as examples of decent wheeling and dealing
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:03:33 »

part of me agrees with you youth, hes been out the game for ages

part of me thinks getting him back in would a good idea, because if ever there was a time to return to the 'old school' managerial style, now was the time
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:05:16 »

ooooh i get it! sorry village  Oops

im hungover

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:06:00 »

i don't think the old school style of management works anymore to be honest.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:07:21 »

so sonic who would you have ?

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:08:27 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
i don't think the old school style of management works anymore to be honest.

I dont think the new style works at all either.....

I'd rather be hearing stories of our players being made to cycle to training or being dragged out of bed on their days off to run up and down hills, than stories of which night club they were in the previous night
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:11:29 »

i'd keep iffy for now. in all fairness i don't really know who is available but i'd rather see someone relatively experienced in the lower divisions just to keep us from sliding down into the conference.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 13:04:28 »

They tried getting Macari in 2002 when all the Machin stuff was going on, but Macari refused saying it wasn't the right time. Don't know if he would come back, but surely would be worth a try - couldn't be any worse could it.
lumpimynci

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 15:16:58 »

I know a lot of you are in your early 20's or even younger, so perhaps it's understandable that you might look back on the Macari era with fondness, but a lot of us that supported the club then don't see him through such rose coloured spectacles. (Some do still worship him but I'd guess they are in a minority).

What everyone should remember is that, whether people like it or not, at the root of the current financial position of this club, is the behind the scenes fiddles that were going on during the time when Hillier was Chairman and Macari was manager.

Being denied promotion after winning the play-offs under Ossie, after agreeing big contracts with players, together with the fines that were imposed, fucked us good and proper. We've never recovered from it. And Macari was right at the heart of all those dodgy deals.

I personally never really forgave him for failing to publically support Chris Kamara when he chinned someone for racially abusing him. But that's by the by.

Alongside all that, regardless of the results, some of the football was actually a bit shit. It worked in the bottom divisions, but I never thought we were good enough under Macari to go all the way to the 1st.
McLovin

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 19:24:50 »

I think the fact Devlin went down to the dugout in the second half speaks volumes. I dunno what it says, but i think it means something...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 19:30:46 »

Devlin hasn't found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. He should hand in his resignation  Cheesy
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 18:42:32 »

i hate that cunt who owns that Franchise piece of shite!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 22, 2006, 14:19:36 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Quote from: "sonicyouth"
spending a couple of minutes chatting to you doesn't detract from the fact that what he has done to wimbledon is abhorrent.

although credit to him for talking to you, he didn't have to and there are certain people at this football club who wouldn't do the same.

but wimbledon were fucked anyway. plus it's not my club i don't really care.

It's blinkered, narrow minded rubbish like that ('it's not my club...' that allows slimey club stealers like Winkleman to get away with it.  You're missing the point.  Last time it wasn't our club, but next time it could be.  It's in every fan's interests that Winkleman's Franchise experiment fails horribly, because if it succeeds there will be an incentive for more of his type to try it elsewhere...like Swindon, maybe.

Winkleman is a scumbag and deserves nothing other than the complete contempt of any right thinking football fan.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: