Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pete Winkleman  (Read 5744 times)
DMR

« on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 10:57:07 »

I was speaking to Mark Devlin who to be fair put his arm round my shoulder and told to me to keep my head up... then at the final whistle I was speaking to PW (don't start this enemy of the game shite).

I liked him.

I told him I'd always thought Platt was shit, he smiled and said that's the first time he'd ever done anything like that, at least he's honest. He even told his radio gaggle to wait so he could have a chat with me and Darv. Nice gesture I thought.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:01:54 »

mark devlin is a legend, i reckon hes the only guy on the board who genuinely cares about the club.

dave, could you enlighten me on what carson was up to after the game? thanks. if you confirm the rumours i think its  a complete disgrace and he should be ran out of town :evil:

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:02:21 »

I hope you kicked him in the balls....
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:04:10 »

Carson got surrounded by a load of lads calling for his head which isn't really the root of our problems but you can see their point. I think he was probably a bit overwhelmed and told a few of lads to "fuck off."
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:04:23 »

oh and who is pete winkleman ? sorry  Oops

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:04:27 »

i dont trust devlin,what has he actually acheived for the club?
talks the talk, thats all
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:05:00 »

i heard he tangled with a few of them? a bit of shirt tugging ?

DMR

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:05:13 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
oh and who is pete winkleman ? sorry  Oops

MKD chairman, spoke to me and my mates as equals and didn't tow the party line. Fair play.
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:05:56 »

i heard he tangled with a few of them? a bit of shirt tugging ?

No nothing physical. It all got a bit heated and tbh the lads that surrounded him went too far. Personal abuse isn't necessary.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:06:47 »

Quote from: "arriba"

True, but he spent 70 minutes of his own time outside his car speaking to fans last night, as did Lee Peacock and Migs. The rest bottled it.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:08:27 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Quote from: "arriba"

True, but he spent 70 minutes of his own time outside his car speaking to fans last night, as did Lee Peacock and Migs. The rest bottled it.

credit due to them for that but did they really have a choice or were they surrounded by people wanting answers
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:10:05 »

dave,

ok alots been said etc

but what would YOU change if you could? (within the realms of reality!)

do you think iffy should go?
which players would you keep?
should carson walk?
what do you think of devlin? and other board members? reeves?
what fundamental changes do you think we need to turn our fortunes around?

thanks

STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:16:00 »

or anyone else can answer this! im just interested to hear what people would do if they were in charge

DMR

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:17:45 »

dave,

ok alots been said etc

but what would YOU change if you could? (within the realms of reality!)

do you think iffy should go?
which players would you keep?
should carson walk?
what do you think of devlin? and other board members? reeves?
what fundamental changes do you think we need to turn our fortunes around?

thanks

1. yes, and now. give the new man a few weeks to see who he wants to keep.

2. Realistically I'd keep Peacock, Nicholas, Migs, Ifil, CCP, Shakes, Whalley. I'd like to hang on to a few more (Evans, Sean etc) but I think they'll jump ship.

3. why should he? he's not milking us for a bit of pocket money, quite the opposite. no he's not proactive but he's not doing any harm.

4. I like and respect Devlin and think he's improved PR since his return, see above. Other board members I don't know enough about and won't claim I do so. Reeves is the most passionate man at the club, loyal servant and should've been manager anyway.

5. Nothing fundamental. Do the basics right; reasonable prices, players who care and a relatively experienced boss.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:21:52 »

thanks

so who at of the current pool of unemployed managers would you like to see replace iffy?

some other people claim iffy should be given more of a chance bystill being in charge next season but im not convinced, all of his loan signings on the whole have been shocking which can make or break your season at this level. secondly he hasnt instilled any discipline in the squad and im sure i can roll out a few more reasons why he should go but can be bothered

over to you dave !

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: