Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 44143 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:11:28 »

Good.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:11:43 »

That's what I thought. Maybe even considered quite reasonable when you hear some of the figures Championship players are on.

Yes, but allegedly Hull were offering £15k to £20k so him and his agent obviously think they're worth that.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:16:08 »

To be honest I really don't mind what players are earning nowadays. The clubs can pay players what they want and players, regardless of whether they merit the amount they get or not, are entitled to accept the offer, however much it might seem ''too much'' for the everyday working man. I don't begrudge footballers at all, if we were in the same situation we would accept ridiculous offers if the were made available to us who wouldn't?

The problem arises when you get average players on 45K and 55k a week which is so ridiculous. I remember Graeme Souness once saying on RTE during the World Cup that the top level players, the ones who are winning things, are entitled to the amount they get but the problem comes when you have average players on silly money, it makes them feel as though they are untouchable and are better than what they are and gives them little motivation to improve. He also said that having 18/19 year olds are on 7k 8k a week in the Premier League just breeds complacency and arrogance which I think is spot on.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:20:43 »

bullard was a very good prem player 2 years ago so it's not a surprise that he warranted such a contract. when hull bought him it was to keep them up, which is worth about 40 million so 45k a week in comparison to that is small-fry.

can't really argue with charlie ('s agent) wanting to hold out for as much money as poss - he's 21 years old and being asked to relocate to the other side of the country, not to mention the fact that 10ks going to be about the going rate for anyone half decent in the championship
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:23:15 »

bullard was a very good prem player 2 years ago so it's not a surprise that he warranted such a contract. when hull bought him it was to keep them up, which is worth about 40 million so 45k a week in comparison to that is small-fry.

can't really argue with charlie ('s agent) wanting to hold out for as much money as poss - he's 21 years old and being asked to relocate to the other side of the country, not to mention the fact that 10ks going to be about the going rate for anyone half decent in the championship

I agree with the majority of that but at 21 the last thing that should be on your mind is ''where am I going to make the most money'' its should be ''where is the best place where I can improve myself''.

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:24:01 »

What's that got to do with it? No one is MAKING him go there. In these tough times many many people have to relocate to even get a job, earning nowhere near that much.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:27:07 »

He'll need a fat signing on fee to pay for all the petrol he's using whilst galavanting up and down the country
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:46:38 »

Now in talks with Burnley according to BBCRS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/9378506.stm
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 10:55:00 »

What's that got to do with it? No one is MAKING him go there. In these tough times many many people have to relocate to even get a job, earning nowhere near that much.
of course but when you have four 'big' companies after you then as a businessman or a footballer you have leverage. it is his choice to use that leverage to get more money. you would as well
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:01:03 »

Could just be he never really fancied going to Ipswich cos he can manifestly do better but decided to go talk to Ipswich on a "may as well hear what they have to say" basis. And when he got there, they didn't manage to say anything that made the picture of an arse-end Championship club managed by Paul Jewell look any more rosy. And in the meantime, Burnely presumably have been spurred into matching the valuation. Which also may have been the point of yesterday's trip to Suffolk - we've already seen Charlie's agent is on the sledgehammer end of the diplomatic scale

It's not necessarily about the money, he could genuinely be maneouvring for the best move
Panda Paws

« Reply #235 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:12:00 »

Which most of us agree is Burnley right?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:14:11 »

Please not Burnley, I work with a Burnley fan and he would piss his pants and cream on my face
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:20:39 »

Please not Burnley, I work with a Burnley fan and he would piss his pants and cream on my face

I work with an Ipswich & a Burnley fan who sit next to each other. They are winding each other up about why he will reject one and sign for the other. I just keep telling them he will reject both & sign for Blackpool Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:46:25 »

With,say,half a million to spend on a striker,who would people like to see here?Maybe Le Fondre?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:48:38 »

With,say,half a million to spend on a striker,who would people like to see here?Maybe Le Fondre?

Half a million for Le Fondre?? Double it and you might be a bit closer for him. Championship sides are also chasing him.

God knows who will come in.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: