Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Budapest - Anyone been?  (Read 1411 times)
Dazzza

« on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 19:05:01 »

Planning the next jaunt and Budapest seems to be the general concensus for the end of Feb.

Anyone been and any recommendations for drenk and hotels?

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 21:11:30 »

wahey budapest is ace!

went just before xmas try this hotel its called radio inn, its in pest, get one of the apartments they can sleep 4 and its £13 each, its a 10 minute walk from the opera and 15 minute walk from river. if you are knackered it pretty much next to the tube station on andrassy utca. the whole area there is full of embassies and its dead nice, also its very close to heroes square which is ace and the best thing about budapest the szecheyni baths in the park fuckin lush.

its more expensive than prauge but there are loads of little bars which are ace, what else do you need to know?
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 23:03:49 »

Cheers mate.

What's the overall score with the cash situation out there?

Price of a pint?

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 00:20:12 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Cheers mate.

What's the overall score with the cash situation out there?

Price of a pint?

Someone should do a travel guide with the price of a pint in every country in the world.Who cares about the other stuff . Cool

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 09:48:40 »

Budapest, or Pest-Buda as it was originally called, rocks.  Not only does it have a quality, cheap night life, but also the best dentists in Europe, apparentely.  Funny cos I was there in 97, with severe tooth ache, and only found that out about 2 years ago.

Very pretty city, much greener than Prague, beer and food is slightly more expensive but nothing to scare the pound sterling carrier off.

I stayed at the Backpackers Hostel, a brightly coloured building about 5 mins bus ride out of the city centre, it was a quality hostel, but I'm sure there must be plenty other decent ones slightly closer to the action.

You'll have a quality time mate.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 10:07:24 »

the currency is the florin, coins are called stinky! handy if you speak german, pint of lager is between £1.50-£2, without a doubt check out the szecheyni baths they are fabulous.

if you are into old communist stuff there is a statues park with all the old stalin/lenin statues pretty cool.

be careful of gyppo pickpocket on trams, and when travelling on tube/trams you shouldnt have to buy a ticket saying that its only 20p fine is only a fiver.

walking up andrassy utca is ace up to heroes square, when you thinking of going because its fucking roasting in summer.
Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 15:22:53 »

I'm going with a couple mates we aint arranged when yet proberley june ish
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 15:24:07 »

I went in July 97, as Mex says that city gets kinda stuffy in the summer, brass monkeys in winter, extreme weather, nice.
Dazzza

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 01:10:14 »

Was going to go end of Feb but after checking the old finances after the New Year binge it's probably going to be March now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: