Poll
Question: Should The Trust Support/Organise a Protest?  (Voting closed: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 18:12:41)
Yes - 36 (80%)
No - 6 (13.3%)
Unsure - 3 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should The Trust Support/Organise a Protest?  (Read 3613 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 16:28:16 »

Let’s hope that those who buy an early bird ST. Are not asked to fore go that money and purchase another one in August… Lightening does strike twice doesn’t it.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 16:51:31 »

It's not as simple as that though, for some people it is the most important part of their week, some people have kids that they don't want to disapoint, for some people it might be the only time that they see their grown up kids during the week - this is not a simple black or white decision, in a lot of cases the decision is emotive.

If people are renewing or not based on how they think it will effect the ownership then you are right, this is the time to take a stand, but those that are personally invested in the club for other reasons other than how it is being run, and buy their season tickets for personal reasons should be allowed to do so without being called out as a owner sympathiser and part of the problem.

I will be renewing as I live out of Swindon and it's the only chance I get to see my mates from my youth and get my kids going to games. Hate the current set up but can't stop attending and love my seats
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 17:28:25 »

I will be renewing as I live out of Swindon and it's the only chance I get to see my mates from my youth and get my kids going to games. Hate the current set up but can't stop attending and love my seats

Exactly my point, depending on the circumstances it's not a straight forward decision

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 17:30:04 »

Agree, everyone can donl their bit to starve the bastards out though.

Cut back on Merchandise, get your chips from a chippy, drinks from a pub etc.

All builds up and hits them where it hurts.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 17:33:13 »

I don't feel that it is the Trust's role to organise or even support a "protest" at this point.  That may change depending on circumstances.

It has been brought in closer to the club.  That closeness has the appearance of having come at the expense of its independence.  

It is in my view time to hold that Regime's feet to the fire in terms of disclosure, timetables and setting out precise questions that need an answer and evidence.  Waffle is no longer acceptable.

If it means the Trust being told to lump it or distanced from the Club, then so be it.  The Trust does have standing in the local and footballing community.  There is an opportunity to publicise any demands for clarity and evidence that are resisted or refused.

Other than the JV itself, the whole purpose of the Trust is foster positive stewardship of the Club.  If that is not happening, then it is not the role of the Trust to abet or appease a Regime that is acting against the interests of the Club.

Any obfuscation or dispute initiated by the present Regime in response needs to become the subject of publicity and be met by appropriate responses from the Trust.  That could be to:

1. link in with protest groups why not  (they need promoting to achieve some "mass" - booing, a few placards etc is fine but won't change anything, imo)
2. link in quietly with others in the Community
(such as past owners or directors of repute who may have their own contacts, the likes of Sam Morshead or other similarly minded media operators, possible new owners whether from Abu Dhabi  Wink  or Fan Ownership proponents, concerned Sponsors)
3. publicise itself as an an enterprising and positive partner for new owners willing to be pro-active in developing support and even revenue
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 17:36:29 by RedRag » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 17:48:10 »

I don't feel that it is the Trust's role to organise or even support a "protest" at this point.  That may change depending on circumstances.

It has been brought in closer to the club.  That closeness has the appearance of having come at the expense of its independence. 

It is in my view time to hold that Regime's feet to the fire in terms of disclosure, timetables and setting out precise questions that need an answer and evidence.  Waffle is no longer acceptable.

If it means the Trust being told to lump it or distanced from the Club, then so be it.  The Trust does have standing in the local and footballing community.  There is an opportunity to publicise any demands for clarity and evidence that are resisted or refused.

Other than the JV itself, the whole purpose of the Trust is foster positive stewardship of the Club.  If that is not happening, then it is not the role of the Trust to abet or appease a Regime that is acting against the interests of the Club.

Any obfuscation or dispute initiated by the present Regime in response needs to become the subject of publicity and be met by appropriate responses from the Trust.  That could be to:

1. link in with protest groups why not  (they need promoting to achieve some "mass" - booing, a few placards etc is fine but won't change anything, imo)
2. link in quietly with others in the Community
(such as past owners or directors of repute who may have their own contacts, the likes of Sam Morshead or other similarly minded media operators, possible new owners whether from Abu Dhabi  Wink  or Fan Ownership proponents, concerned Sponsors)
3. publicise itself as an an enterprising and positive partner for new owners willing to be pro-active in developing support and even revenue

Good sensible post

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 18:13:04 »

This 100%. I don’t buy a single thing at the ground no more, no food, no beer, no merchandise nothing. We need the vast majority of fans NOT to renew ST’s so Clem & Co don’t get a pay day bonanza. His Axis empire is crumbling and once the cash stops rolling in here he might not be in a position to demand silly money for STFC. Why would a prospective consortium give Clem & Co £15M when if they wait for the inevitable to happen they can acquire the club for a fraction of that?

problem is, no money to the Club now may lead to administration for a third time and then we're out of the league. I wouldn't want to cause that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 18:14:19 »

yeah, we couldn't cope with a 10 point deduction
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 19:08:19 »

problem is, no money to the Club now may lead to administration for a third time and then we're out of the league. I wouldn't want to cause that.

You aren’t causing that, the crooks within the club do that themselves. Unfortunately I don’t believe all the money generated into the club stays within the club.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 20:14:33 »

Less money into the club just means they will cut the outgoings.
So we’ll have less players on less money therefore even less quality. The only thing that will increase is the people moaning about how rubbish everything is on social media.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 22:46:47 »

The protest of not paying/going to games doesn't work sadly. Unless you can get widespread support for that action it has no effect. Like it or not there are a significant number of fans that will continue to buy tickets and support the club, so in effect the protest of the minority just hurts the club, without it having its desired effect.

I would much prefer for fans to still go and protest at the game. Its so quiet there, sure there are boos at ht and ft on Sat, but imagine the townened singing non stop in protest at Clem, or gunning or whoever. That forces media outlets to cover it a little more, as opposed to it just being apathy. Protests outside the ground, hell someone can sell orange hats near by maybe. 

Though I have to wonder who at the club is even there to get a feel for what the fans think. Hall is there, but the guy is a grade A moron. Who reports back to Clem about what happens? Fuck does Jamie Russel even attend these games, he is in charge on the footballing front, shouldn't he be there to judge his signings and the performance of Gav!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 06:54:59 »

I’m not sure the media would bother to cover some singing in the Town End.

If you want media cover you’re going to have to delay or postpone the game & I’m not sure we have the fanbase for that.

Plus, what exactly are we protesting against & what do we want out of it?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 07:45:18 »

I’m not sure the media would bother to cover some singing in the Town End.

If you want media cover you’re going to have to delay or postpone the game & I’m not sure we have the fanbase for that.

Plus, what exactly are we protesting against & what do we want out of it?
Reading, Charlton etc. seemed to muster quite a lot of media interest when bombarding the pitch with pigs and tennis balls

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 08:02:05 »

How do you smuggle a pig into the CG? All that squealing will surely give you away.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 08:51:06 »

How do you smuggle a pig into the CG? All that squealing will surely give you away.

….take it in, in bacon form
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: