Poll
Question: Should The Trust Support/Organise a Protest?  (Voting closed: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 18:12:41)
Yes - 36 (80%)
No - 6 (13.3%)
Unsure - 3 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should The Trust Support/Organise a Protest?  (Read 3590 times)
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 19:59:16 »

The Trust in its current guise doesnt appear willing or able to organise protest...I will fully support protest, as Clem has in 3 short years turned us into a badly run club, underfunded, poorly staffed in key positions and destined for National League. It will be too late if we dont protest soon: season ticket boycott would be the most effective and demonstrations at home games.

ewsham Robin
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 22:07:05 »

Both the OSC and the Trust are starting to become negligent in their silence. They have a responsibility to lead and influence. Both are neglecting their duty. The time for collaboration with the club has long since gone. Liars and convicted criminals, and they need to be hounded out.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 22:11:22 by Frigby Daser » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 23:21:56 »

Absolutely.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 23:27:29 »

Not against protest but it's needs to be for something, we can't just protest against being shit.

This remains crucial.  What's the alternative? 

When the old trust campaigned against Diamandis they had Bill Power and then Andrew Fitton as the alternative.

What do we have? Nothing?

I agree this is historically shit, but we need a positive alternative.

I don't know what it is, though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 23:35:29 »

Season ticket boycott be most effective whether to renew or not is personal choice but I’m not renewing as I feel this will just prolong Clems tenure
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 10:45:44 »

I think the problem is we don't know what the Trust now stand for and we won't until they tell us with the new board in place. I am hoping they tell us soon as that is key to whether myself and lots of others (i would guess), I think continue supporting them financially.
We know they are key to the JV but what else ? That's key

In previous posts you said you weren't a member anymore...

At the minute, there is zero proof of any actual wrongdoing at the club, plenty of mistakes and mismanagement but no concrete evidence, no smoking gun, wages seem to be being paid... Trust/OSC can't be expected to protest poor results and substandard/inadequate staffing levels and 'turtle on a gatepost' hiring choices. The fans can boo and jeer and complain, organise their own protests etc, but unless there's solid proof to go along with the plumes of smoke at the minute, there's not a lot the OSC/Trust folk can do officially.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 11:02:24 »

Rebellion against the current ownership is essential now.
My Orange hat was very lonely today. I see on here, and FB lots of supporters unhappy yet nothing happens.
Stop moaning on social media and do something. That will get press interest and off we go.

Most are not attending though. That is pretty clear from how empty the ground looks. 7k home fans my arse.

Last game of the season we should be making an effort for the stay aways such as myself to attend and kick off.

Hopefully its a dead rubber and we're not still fighting for a football league status. That'll give nobody any excuses.

Who cares if we're winning and kicking off. None of this "support the team" bullshit. Some things are more important and 90% of the cunts don't deserve the support and won't be here next year anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 11:21:56 »

I kind of want to say goodbye to Austin last match!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 11:35:04 »

I kind of want to say goodbye to Austin last match!
TBH I would rather let Charlie manage the team for the last few games instead of the clueless Gunning.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 11:49:39 »

TBH I would rather let Charlie manage the team for the last few games instead of the clueless Gunning.

Agree.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 13:22:16 »

Totally agree and most importantly stop giving the club money that’s the only thing that will drive change

This 100%. I don’t buy a single thing at the ground no more, no food, no beer, no merchandise nothing. We need the vast majority of fans NOT to renew ST’s so Clem & Co don’t get a pay day bonanza. His Axis empire is crumbling and once the cash stops rolling in here he might not be in a position to demand silly money for STFC. Why would a prospective consortium give Clem & Co £15M when if they wait for the inevitable to happen they can acquire the club for a fraction of that?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 14:02:29 »

Season ticket boycott be most effective whether to renew or not is personal choice but I’m not renewing as I feel this will just prolong Clems tenure
No need for a boycott - can’t see many renewing anyway. The club seem to be doing their own dirty work quite well.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 14:56:55 »

Problem is a lot will renew regardless. Holding onto your money will as we say force his hand- those that renew should ask themselves are they happy with our position? Think they know the answer to that
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 15:25:26 »

Problem is a lot will renew regardless. Holding onto your money will as we say force his hand- those that renew should ask themselves are they happy with our position? Think they know the answer to that

It's not as simple as that though, for some people it is the most important part of their week, some people have kids that they don't want to disapoint, for some people it might be the only time that they see their grown up kids during the week - this is not a simple black or white decision, in a lot of cases the decision is emotive.

If people are renewing or not based on how they think it will effect the ownership then you are right, this is the time to take a stand, but those that are personally invested in the club for other reasons other than how it is being run, and buy their season tickets for personal reasons should be allowed to do so without being called out as a owner sympathiser and part of the problem.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 15:28:46 »

It's not as simple as that though, for some people it is the most important part of their week, some people have kids that they don't want to disapoint, for some people it might be the only time that they see their grown up kids during the week - this is not a simple black or white decision, in a lot of cases the decision is emotive.

If people are renewing or not based on how they think it will effect the ownership then you are right, this is the time to take a stand, but those that are personally invested in the club for other reasons other than how it is being run, and buy their season tickets for personal reasons should be allowed to do so without being called out as a owner sympathiser and part of the problem.

Thumb

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: